Dinner for Two.

I sat under my porch with the candles burning, I dressed nicer and had no idea how tonight was going to go down. I was a compete wreck, I watched the candles burn into the wax as time went past Zak was a no show. I felt foolish to think he'd turn up, after all his been through I knew he couldn't keep a promise.

I was about to give up when I heard him calling my name.

"Tilly?" I turned on a spot light to guide him to me, I stood there in my red sundress and my wavy hair flowing down my back.

"You came" I sounded more cheerful now.

"I'm sorry I'm late but I'm here" he came bearing another rose for me.

I gestured him to sit and began eating and talking, my mind was running around the topic of Leigh but I don't know how he'd react if I brought her up. He made a hard decision coming tonight, he must've been hesitating whether he came or not but I'm so glad he is here.

"How are you Zak after Leigh's anniversary?"

"I'm taking this I'm slowly. Taking it into my body, even though its been a year it's been hard. Grief is hard, my body ain't used to her not being here and my mind can't deal with the fact she won't come through my door."

"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal." I slid my hand over his hand and just comforted him, he wasn't alone in this.

"She was like lightning; vibrant and beautiful but all too brief" he slid his other hand over mine holding it.

"Zak that is beautiful, OMG I'm going to cry."

Guess what? I cried. I'm babbling like an idiot.

"Please don't cry, I'm sorry." He passed me a tissue.

"Oh I shouldn't be crying in front of you, I'm sorry. Oh god." Now I started to laugh as I was making a fool of myself.

"So have you worked out who that woman is you saw that apparently knows Leigh?"

"Not yet but I doubt I'll see her again, let's talk about something else if that's okay?"

He replied with a nod and smile.

"How's work, the new show looks amazing"

"It's going great, work helps gets me distracted. So much exciting stuff coming up, we're heading back to England soon I'm stoked." His face seemed to brighten.

"I loved the England episodes they were done so well, I'd love to visit there one day."

"Definitely do it. Now what about you, this job?"

"I ahh I dunno not too sure on anything, like I can be in a job and not love it so I find another one. I'm searching for true happiness, but weird as it sounds I love being here. The atmosphere and it's quite" I smiled to myself.

"And your parents are here?" He glared at me.

"Yes. I feel more connected. They passed when I was only little, so I never got to know them fully. I get scared that I'll forget them so I thought this was a perfect job for me."

"That's must've been hard being a child" here we go again, his hand reaching out to mine.

"I never got to say goodbye, I left for school and our last discussion was a little argument with me begging to stay home and look at RV's for when we travel. I went to bed angry but through out the day I got excited and was happy to put that argument behind me but now it haunts me. At night when the world is asleep and I'm awake I have time to think and I think of that specific incident and it haunts me."

I bit my lip to hold back my tears but I knew they weren't going to hold off. Zak got up and came next to me and brought me in close for a hug, like a reflex my arms wrapped around him and I dug my face into his chest. I could feel his heart beating faster like mine was, I didn't know if this was acceptable but he wasn't pulling away.

After a moment we pulled apart both smiling into each other's eyes.

"It's getting late, I'm going to head off" I slid away from him a little. "But I'll come back, I promise" he brought his face close to mine, rubbing his nose against my forehead.

"Okay" I opened my eyes to him looking at me.

I walked him back to the gates and waved him goodbye, once he was gone I raced back to my place and curled up on the lounge.

At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person..