Mother's Words.

Zak's POV

The only thing I can say is that I fucked up, something that was working fine suddenly broke. Knowing that Leigh knew about Tilly made me feel so guilty that I had to tear myself apart to find an answer of what I could do.

I knew Leigh was watching me so I'd put more photos up of her and us, maybe she will realise I do love and I will forever but I need to move on, I need to be happy.

When Tilly got to mine and forced her way in and turned on my lights apart of me wanted to rip her to shreds. I didn't want to her to see me so weak, fighting with my demons. She too was paranoid about us having a deeper relationship, she asked me about Jane. I didn't knew who Jane was, as far as I knew Jane didn't exist.

She kept attacking and I lost it, once again she ran away. Though she probably left at a good time, I brought a baseball bat out and torn apart my lounge room. Those pictures of Leigh needed to go, how was I supposed to move on? I thought she loved me.

"Zak you okay?" I was at Aaron's house for the night, I couldn't go back to the house after everything that happened today.

"I dunno, did today really happen?" He came by my side and comforted me. "I pulled her out of that car and could've hurt her" I kicked the pillow across the room.

"Zak if this is toxic walk away, you don't need more hassle in life. You need to pick yourself up and keep going! I'm sick of all this bullshit. You deserve to move on, yes you can contact Leigh and speaks with her but she's gone. What if Tilly could've been a new beginning? You don't have to marry the first girl you move on to, life keeps going man."

"I really like Tilly. She listens, she is a wild spirit. She just gets me and it's nice to have my guard my down when I'm around her." I was a complete jerk.

"Then make a decision. Maybe try and speak to Leigh and explain to her it might make you feel good and gives you some closure." Aaron was right, I needed to sort this shit out.

How was I going to make things better?

To help me start I got in my car and visited the woman who knew me inside and out, I went to my mother. I'm not sure how she'll take this news but this was my life and I was done being sad.

I arrived at my mothers house and walked on in to see her reading a book, she got up in excitement. Did I tell you I hadn't seen her since Leigh's one year anniversary and prior to that at least 5months.

"Oh Zak! You're here!" She came up and hugged me tight and I held her close. "What's going on?" She whispered into my ear.

"I think I'm in love" I heard her gasp and she loosened her grip on me. "It's too soon isn't it?" I flopped on the couch.

"Zak. That's wow, who is she? How? I didn't even know you were dating?" She was stunned to say the least.

"No not dating. I met her a few months back, the girl from the cemetery. We've been seeing each other and it's just so good to be with her."

"And?" She was holding onto each word.

"We fight a lot, she's actually moved somewhere cause of us. I need to find her but I have no idea what to say."

"Even if you know what's coming, you've think you know how to deal with it but you're never prepared for how it feels. Mum, I'm scared." And I truly was.

"Be honest with her Zak that's all you can do, if she cares enough she'll understand and you'll get through this. Are you sure it's right, Zak I can't see you put through any more pain. You shut everyone out and walked away form work." She gave me a hug and let me rest on her shoulder.

"Leigh would want you happy" she patted my back and soon drifted to sleep.