Helping Hand.

I woke up the next morning looking at the two roses I had from Zak, I lifted my head up and smelt them. Last night was beyond amazing, in a way I understood Zak a bit more and I was happy he sort of opened up for me.

I heard a knock and quickly ran to the door, I opened the door to a young man.

"Hi?"

"Hey I'm Liam, here to start work? The agency rang and offered me the job."

I opened the door to take another look at him, he was gorgeous! Tall, fit and with luscious blonde hair. Surely he could get a job as a model or something?

"You? Really?"

Nice Tilly, great choice of words.

"I'm sorry but like you're young?" I laughed it off and I adjusted myself.

"Yea, needed the work."

"Give me 5 minutes? Let me change and we'll start" he nodded and I hurried off to change.

Soon I came out finding Liam on the deck sitting down, he stood up and followed me to the shed.

"Okay, I need help with mowing the lawns, keeping up maintenance and help with the heavy stuff. The grounds are extending and I can't get the job done." I took him down to the old graveyard down the back and asked him to mow and collect old roses and dispose of them.

"I'll be back up doing the same thing, shout out if you need help?" I waved him off and headed back up.

"Tilly?" Someone called out my name.

"Oh hi" it was my friend whose name I hadn't quite figured out yet.

"New help?" She pointed at Liam.

"Yea an agency found him for me, thank heavens. This was all getting too much."

"How was your night?" We walked through the cemetery together.

"Um good I had a late dinner with Zak, you know him right?"

"Yea of course. That must have been nice, who would've thought he'd be seen eating dinner especially with another female."

Oh god Tilly she's right, how will you look of people knew he was coming to you!

"Oh my god does it look bad? Shit!" I gasped and threw my hands to cover my face.

She laughed. "Calm down, it's good to see him smile. You have no idea how long it's been. Maybe it's something you both need?" She hinted at me.

"You're very confident about how much you know Zak" I teased.

"Take it from me he needs this, just tread carefully he is still hurt." As she kept walking I stood back wondering if I should keep this going, he was still freshly wounded.

"Tilly, don't over think it." She called out to me and urged me to keep walking.

"I don't want to tread on anyone's toes, what is Leigh is watching?" I gasped in horror.

She laughed quietly to herself. "Do you think Leigh wants to see Zak unhappy?" She was right, what person whisk wish unhappiness on someone they love.

"Look I gotta go, see you tomorrow?" I nodded back as a response, this chick wasn't so bad.

--

As the day came to an end, Liam and I were cleaning up the shed, moving new tools in and taking old tools out.

"Who were you speaking to before?"

"My friend, she visits every often"

"Really? I didn't see anyone."

I just laughed at Liam and ignored his statement, maybe she was behind a tree or out of his view.

"So tomorrow same time?" He asked.

"Yep, we have two funerals tomorrow so it's a lot of planning to do and setting up." I handed Liam a spare set of keys and we parted ways.

I looked in my cupboard and noticed I had fun out of food, I moaned as I now had to travel into town for food. I grabbed my keys and got in my car and took off, it was only a 30min drive but I was exhausted.

I got into the shop and started to wander down aisles and pick up food for me.

"Tilly" I turned to where my name was being called, hey it was Aaron.

"Hey Aaron" I waved at him and walked over to him.

"Nice to see you out of the grounds ha."

"Yes I need food, can't work on an empty stomach." I nudged him.

"Hey I heard Zak and you hung out together last night." I'm pretty sure my face went white, and the necessity to swallow went away. I felt like I was slowly dying.

"It was nothing I uh-"

"It's okay Tilly, I'm glad he has gotten out. He only leaves the house for work, we are all worried about him."

"It's not bad isn't it? Like we spoke about Leigh and I felt guilty just him being there" I wanted Aaron to know I meant no harm.

"Tilly" he rested his palms on my shoulders. "Breathe it's okay, we don't think poorly of you."

After he reassured me we said our goodbyes and I headed back to the cemetery. I packed away all my food and was too tired to eat so I went to bed.

How will it ever be accepted it Zak was to move on, and it to be with me?