Take a Chance or Be Miserable.

I got an early start at work knowing today was going to be busy but as I got outside I noticed Liam already starting.

"I see you're keen to start?" He was pulling chairs from our storage den, he seemed angry.

He didn't listen to me. "Liam!" Now that got his attention.

"Sorry Tilly" he dropped the chairs and sat down his body glistening as the sunlight hit him. I had to close my mouth as it was wide open.

"Are you okay?" I went closer to him and offered him a shoulder to lean on.

"Just in a rough place at the moment, nothing seems to be going the right way." He shook his head.

"I know I'm your boss but you can talk to me? I'm a good listener" I offered his support but he shook his head, put his headphones back in and got to work.

We barely spoke for the rest of the day, I saw him a few times but other than that he seemed non existent. Something was bothering him and I wanted to help out.

As we closed both funerals up and packed away everything, I got Liam by the hand and lead him down to the old part of the cemetery. Behind the bushes was a secret lake, I come here often when I need a break.

"Sit." As I asked firmly he obeyed, I let him think before I spoke again. "What's going on?"

"I'm just frustrated, that's all."

"Well I'm frustrated too, so let's vent?" I sat down beside him and waited for him to talk.

"I'm getting married in a few weeks and my parents are totally against me marry my fiancé because they don't approve. It didn't bother me at first but now they are intervening in our relationship, Nellie my fiancé has had a troubled past and my parents just don't think she is suited for me. I don't want to lose her." He scratched his head then nervously played with his clothes. "It's like they don't want her to have a second chance at life."

Oh how I knew how he felt, second chances all around. I didn't quite know what to say but just pat his back.

"Do it for you, she will be your new life, your everything. Don't let it slip." That's all I had.

Tilly, really that's it!

"I gotta go Tills, thank you." He pulled himself up and headed back up the hill.

I stayed sitting down as I didn't need to run off, I watched the sun set behind the horizon and laid back.

"Tilly" I turned my head to see my friend.

"How did you get here?" Confused I was.

"I was up fishing down by the rocks."

"It's good there."

"I used to go cliff diving up further, but I uh don't swim no more drama me out."

What was freaking me out was her choice of clothing, did she really just go finishing?

"Hey do you have a name by chance?"

"People just call me Jane" she took s seat next to me. "I saw that piece of fresh new meat, Liam."

"Yea so good to have help, things have been getting tough. Families becoming more demanding and an in flux of death."

"How's Zak?"

"I uh don't know. Haven't seen him since our dinner, I saw Aaron last night and he agrees with you that what I'm doing is harmless but I don't feel like that." My stomach begun to churn again.

"Tilly, you won't ever get a chance if you don't move on. You can't keep battling this out, Zak could get hurt if you decide to one day get up and leave." She made sense I can't hurt Zak.

"But he isn't a man who like is divorced he lost his wife and still obviously loves her, how can one compete or how can he move on? Like what happens when you get into bed with him and want sex like will be he freaked out?"

"People learn to deal with what's happen, people can move on and they will. The world doesn't stop spinning, yes he'll grieve but he surely wouldn't compare you both. There's a second chance for everyone." She rested her palm on my shoulder, it was nice to have a friend confide in. Even though she apparently knew Leigh and Zak personally.

Am I in too far over my head?