Understand This.

I raced home after leaving Zak's, I don't know what came over him but I knew I had to leave and the truth is I didn't. I wanted to be there when he cracks it, to see what he cries about and what he may reveal. But that letter, who wrote it? Must've been someone who maybe shouldn't have wrote it or something.

As I got home I ran into my place and put ice on my ribs, they hurt like a bitch! The ice wasn't as cold as Zak's lips though and I felt dirty that he'd kissed me there. Such an intense moment, I wonder if he is always this intense.

As the next day came I got Liam to cover the grounds as I needed a day off. My body wasn't cooperating with me, Liam was more than happy to take over. I headed down to my parents and say by them for a little bit, I'd tell them everything that's was going on with my life but I found it hard to speak about Zak.

"Hey Tilly" Jane came over swinging her hands in the air.

"Hey hey, what are you doing here?" I rose up and gave her a hug.

"Visiting Leigh, day off?"

"Yea needed it. I hurt my ribs last night at Zak's and it hurts to bend so Liam is covering today."

"Aw you poor thing, he didn't hurt you did he? Must've been scary" she looked terrified.

"No. I fell, he tried to help but I was stubborn. Have you seen their house? The photos, oh my how they were beautiful together." I rolled my eyes in jealously.

"Yea, they are something magical. It was the best day, Zak and Me-- um I mean Leigh--"

Jane stopped speaking and decided to quickly say goodbye and ran off. I stood there shocked as she referred to the wedding as hers and Zak's and now she was bolting away from me. Strange?

The wind was brewing up hard, I kept re-adjusting my hair but I gave up and turned away from the wind only to see Zak at the top of the hill, starring at me.

What was he doing here?

I walked up the hill and kept the distance between us.

"Tilly?" He held his hand out.

"Zak" I gasped struggling to breathe, this man cousin knock the wind outta me.

"How is your stomach?"

Oh it's fine Zak, just that being rejected from a kiss was the painful part!

"It's okay. A little sore" I shrugged my shoulders and kept going.

"Can we talk?" His hands held me again, clasping me hard around the waist.

"Do I even have a choice?" I bit back.

"You do but I think we need to talk." He spoke firmly, I walked off. "Tilly?"

"I'm not going to talk by people's graves. Come to mine" I tilted my head in the direction to mine, he started to follow never catching up but lingering behind me.

We got inside of mine and closed the door but never locking incase we had a re-run of last night. I turned around only to hit Zak in the chest and he staunched on me, it shook me a bit but I just used my shoulder to push him away.

"So?" I flopped on my kitchen bench.

It's like you're asking for it! Tilly, last night on his bench!

I immediately hopped down.

"Sorry. I was out of line last night, it's been a complicated month."

"It's okay." Wait, why only a month?

"Zak, why a month? Is it because of Leigh's anniversary?" I watched him as he became very anxious.

"Kinda, it's hard to explain. I accept my life after Leigh, I accepted the fact things will never be what they were. I discussed things with Leigh about her leaving me and possibly me moving on or like if I'd allow myself to move on." He was struggling with words.

"What's done is done. What's gone is gone. One of life's lessons is always moving on. It's okay to look back and think of fond memories but we all gotta keep moving on right?" I nodded in reply.

"But I never thought about moving on with another woman, and I haven't."

"Where's this goi--"

"Until I met you." He crossed his arms and his eyes stopped wandering around the room and focused on me.

I thought my heart stopped, I couldn't seem to breathe, think or even speak.

"But Zak" he unfolded his arms and came to me, grabbing my face with his hands and bringing his lips close to me. Inches away from touching, he gazed at them like they held the secrets of the universe and he needed to know them now. My body trembled as he had me in his embrace, what happens now?

The decision to kiss for the first time was the most crucial in our situation, it would change things. Oh the ache to have him.

"Tilly, breathe" he pulled a smile and I looked up nodding trying to keep his advice in my head.

He moved his hands to pull me in closer, he bit his lip and came closer.

At last our lips met, a tingle shot up my spine that urged me to open my mouth and let him in. He was soft at first then with a swift gradation of intensity I grasped trying to have more of him, he was sending wild tremors along my nerves I had never known I was capable of this feeling. Before I knew it, I was kissing him back harder.

I felt like he was taking my breath away, I somehow pulled myself away from him gasping hard to breathe.

"I think I'm gonna pass out" I held my head, letting out a little laugh.

"I want to make you pass out, I probably could. I've been wanting to do that ever since I met you. I need you to understand that." He firmly told me making my body slam against itself.

"No one has kissed you like that?" He rubbed my shoulders.

I shook my head as I couldn't open my mouth, my head found his shoulders and I rested my head upon him.

What just happened?

Ahh Tilly you've just been kissed.