Me Again.

Zak's POV.

"I can't believe you're leaving" with all the hustling from other travellers I could only see and hear Tilly. I held her in my arms refusing to let her walk away.

"You're coming back to me aren't you?" She questioned.

"Ofcourse but I just don't want you to go." I ran my hand through her hair.

"Either do I but you need to work and I need to get my affairs in order like rent a house, find a job stuff that isn't interesting."

"Move in with me?" Too quick?

"Are we ready Zak?" She pulled away.

"I dunno I just don't want you to go, I don't wanna be apart from you." I clung on to her, she was rock.

"I can spend as much time with you as I want when you're back, maybe moving in is too fast. We still go a lot of things to go through" she widen her eyes, I knew what she exactly she was going on about. Leigh.

Her flight was announced over the speakers, it was ready to board and we both looked in the direction of her terminal. I felt her clasp her hand around my wrist, she didn't want to leave either.

"I guess this is it" she shrugged.

"For only a week. A long fucking week" I whined into her neck, placing little kisses along her neck.

"Once you're home you come to me okay, I'll let you know where I am." She held my face in her hands and kissed me.

Just one taste of her and I wanted to devour her, I grabbed her waist and pulled her closer. I picked her up and spun her around, she pulled away and giggled.

"People are looking!" She squealed in happiness.

"Let them look, I don't care." I whispered in her ear.

I had to put her down as she needed to go, she kissed me on the cheek and then ran off.

She got down to her terminal and I was still watching her, how clumsy she was with her bag, how tiny she was amongst the crowd.

She turned to me before going through the big doors. "I love you!" She screamed out, she blew one last kiss and left.

She loves me? I felt whole again, I was brought out of this dark hole and brought back to life again. Those simple three words hit me like electricity and woke me up again, in the end it's all I've wanted to hear and it was too late to tell her that I loved her.

I got my phone out and texted her.

I just want to tell you I can't imagine my life without you and I love you. Z.

I ran to the window and watched her walk on the plane, lucky for me she had a window seat and I could see her. She had her phone in her hand and I couldn't tell what she was thinking so I rang her.

'Zak?'

'I'm sorry. I love you.'

She started to cry.

'Look to your left'

Then she looked at and smiled.

'I love you Zak.'

I blew her a kiss and she had to go. I watched her plane reverse and head down the runway, she was heading up in to the clouds above. Soon she was gone, I stood still by the window missing her.

She consumed in me a heroic madness. I wanted to save her from everything but in the end, she saved me. She brought me back to life.

~~~~

"She's gone?"

Jay, Bill, Aaron and myself huddled around the fire pit after I had returned from the airport.

"Yea Jay, she left last night. I miss her already." I looked into the fire loosing myself.

"I can't believe she came here and perfect timing too" Aaron spoke out loud.

"How is this going to work?"

"It will work, I don't care how but it has to. I love her, so much." I caught myself smiling.

"And Leigh?"

"I will always love Leigh but life moves on. I'll speak to her when I return home and then it'll be done. My beautiful Leigh meant everything to me, her laughter, her years and her joy will remain with me for the rest of my life." I sighed. "But I'll now have new memories with Tilly." I suddenly had a tear slowly creeping down my face.

"It still amazes me how Leigh found Tilly, maybe it was meant to be?" Aaron sat back baffled at that idea still.

"Leigh was always looking after me, she knew I needed this. I can always picture her in the bathroom brushing her hair, I know she's there. I can still hear her saying 'I do', she was always there. It's hurting me to move on but holding on would hurt more and moving on doesn't mean I'll forget her."

"Here's to Leigh, someone we will never forget." We all raised our glasses and cheered on one more time for Leigh.

"And now here's to moving on, accepting life and it's decisions. Here's to Tilly and Zak, hoping their love is for eternity" another round of cheers was upon us.

We hung around a little longer and then all headed to bed, Aaron walked me to my room making sure I was okay.

"Dude you're doing the right thing, forget what you feel and remember what you deserve and that's to be happy " he patted my back.

"Thank god, thanks man. I don't know how I could do this without you and the guys. We had a hug and then said goodnight, I flopped in bed and pulled my phone out looking at the time I knew she wouldn't be home so I left my phone next to me and waited for her to text me.

Sometimes the bad things that happen in our lives put us directly on the path to the best tho she that will ever happen to us and my path was leading me to Tilly.