05

CH. 5 -- PETE

"Hey, babe." I greet my girlfriend with a kiss to her cheek before I'm pushed away. "Ash?"

"I think we should break up." Ashlee says quietly, crossing her arms. My eyes widen, and my mouth drops open. I can't think of anything to say. "I'm not going to bullshit you and say something like, 'it's not you, it's me' because it was you. I found out about Meagan."

"Baby-" I try, only for her lips to quiver and eyes fill with tears.

"I trusted you, Pete. And you cheated on me behind my back!" She says, pushing me away when I try to engulf her in a hug. "I love you, and I probably always will. But I can't put myself through all of this again."

"Ashlee-" I say, but she just gives me a sad smile and walks away, bundling up in her coat. I stand there for a few minutes before I shake myself out of whatever trance I was previously in, deciding I should probably go in before I freeze my ass off.

As I drop my backpack on the table and let my head rest on my arms, I sigh heavily. A few seconds later, I hear footsteps approach me. I look up to find my roommate and frizzy haired friend staring at me with concern laced in his eyes.

"You alright?" He asks, kneeling next to me. He lies a hand on my forehead to feel if I'm hot. "You're burning up."

"I'm freezing." I mumble, and Joe rolls his eyes, grabbing my hand and making me stand up. He leads me to my room and then makes me lie down.

"I'll call your coach and let him know you won't be at practice. We don't need a repeat of last year, do we?" He asks, but I choose to ignore him, instead letting my head flop onto the pillows. "Alright, Ben, will do. Won't let him out of my sight. Bye, love you."

"I will never understand how you have a better relationship with him than I do." I say, and Joe chuckles, rolling his eyes.

"It's the hair, my friend. It's the hair." He hands me a cold bottle of water and makes me drink half of it before he sits on the couch and digs out his phone to scroll through it.

"I'm not twelve, I don't need a babysitter." I say, and Joe just shrugs.

"Promised old Benny boy I'd take care of his star pitcher. So unless Hot Art Class Boy decides to hit me up, you're stuck with me until your temperature lowers." Joe informs me, and shit, I wish I knew just who the hell 'Hot Art Class Boy' is so that I can get Joe off of my ass.

"What is HACB's name anyways?" I ask, rolling over to face Joe. He looks up at me with a grin on his face.

"Andrew. That's what the professor calls him anyways." Joe looks back down and continues scrolling. "Sometimes our professor calls him by his last name, but it's hard to hear. All I know is that it's something like the brand name, Hurley."

My eyes widen when he says that, a smile immediately taking over my whole face. He's talking about Andy! I grab my phone from my pocket and click on Andy's name, immediately typing a message.

'It's Tuesday at noon, you don't have any classes for the rest of the day, and I have a cute boy with a mini afro that thinks you're really attractive. He's in your art class, here's his number. His name is Joe Trohman, shoot him a text.' I send the message with Joe's contact attached.

I sit in suspense as the 'Read' notification pops up and he begins typing. 'Hot Hockey Boy Joe Trohman thinks I'm hot ??' I smile and begin typing my response.

'HHBJT thinks you're really hot. Has been talking about you for ages and calls you Hot Art Class Boy.' When I hit send, and the notification for 'Read' comes up as soon as it is delivered, a huge grin breaks out onto my face.

All I get in response is a thumbs up, which leaves me to set my phone back on the table. Seconds later, I hear Joe's phone buzz, and I see his eyes widen.

"Pete, Pete, Pete, Pete, read this!" Joe rushes over to crouch beside me and hand me his phone. I smile as I read the message.

'Hey, Joe, this is Andy Hurley. Or Hot Art Class Boy, whatever you prefer. I was wondering if you wanted to grab a coffee or maybe catch a movie with me? Sorry it's such short notice, but I've been trying to work up the courage to ask you out since I first saw you. Let me know, xx.'

"He even left two kisses. Man, you better jump at the opportunity." I say, and Joe frowns a few seconds later, eyes narrowing.

"Did you put Hot Art Class Boy up to this?" He crosses his arms, pout still on his face.

"I might've let him know he had a cute and willing boy just dying to get fucked by him, but he's the one that called you Hot Hockey Boy Joe Trohman." I say, raising my hands in surrender. As I finish the sentence, Joe's eyes widen.

"He called me hot?" He almost shouts, and I smile, nodding. Joe hugs me and kisses my forehead. "Get better soon, Wentz. I'm going to get fucked."

Joe picks out a shirt from my closet to wear, which would usually leave me in a pissy mood, but it's whatever as long as he stops watching over me like a babysitter. Soon after that, he's gone, leaving to meet Andy.

I jump out of the bed almost as soon as he's gone, pulling on sweats and a t-shirt and jacket, grabbing my phone. I need something to get my mind off of Ashlee, and I know just who to go to.

like I said I fucking suck at updating, and I don't even think I mentioned patrick at all in this chapter, but oh well.

did anyone know who joe was talking about when he said hot art class boy?

you guys probably did because I'm trohley trash.

any guesses on where pete's going??