09

CH. 9 -- PETE

"The non-starters for the visiting team are as follows: Andy Biersack, Josh Dun, Kenny Harris, Patrick Stump, Ray Toro, Brendon Urie, Mikey Way, and Pete Wentz." We all go out to the line and stand together as he calls our name. I end up beside Patrick somehow. "Your starting nine tonight for the Washington Huskies are as follows. Leading off and playing short stop is Frank Iero," The announcer says, and Frank jogs to the line, a mouth full of sunflower seeds. "Batting second and playing first base is Andy Hurley, batting third and playing third is Nick Schimeca, batting fourth-" I grit my teeth, knowing that Patrick should be batting right here. My DH should be hitting after him, but it's William's DH tonight, "and playing second is Spencer Smith, batting fifth, your designated hitter is Travie McCoy. Batting sixth and playing center field is Gerard Way. Batting seventh and catching is Bob Bryar. Batting eighth and playing right field is Tyler Joseph. And the ninth batter and left fielder is Ryan Ross. And the pitcher for tonight is William Beckett. Now onto our Baylor Bears."

As we are all lined up, our feet shoulder length apart and touching the feet of the guy next to us, we remove our hats as asked so we can pray and listen to the singing of the National Anthem. After that's over, all of us make our way back to the dugout.

I sit on the bench, making sure I'm in the patch of sun since it's fucking freezing out here. Patrick walks over to me and sits down. "How are you feeling?"

"Could be better. How about you? What's going on in that head?" I ask, and Patrick just shrugs, scooting a little closer to me.

"Ever made someone jealous?" Patrick says, voice barely above a whisper, putting his arm around me.

"Not with a guy I haven't. So someone on the team has your head in a twist?" I ask, scooting closer to him. I look up to see a few wondering eyes on us, but none that look angry.

"You could say that," He tells me, my gaze flickering back to him for a split second before looking at the team again. My eyes stop on Nick Schimeca, whose hands are gripping his bat a bit too hard for comfort, his knuckles turning white.

"Would've never guessed it was good old Schimeca." I say, and his eyes widen at that before he tries to put on a neutral expression.

"What makes you think that?" Patrick says, and then I know for sure that it's Nick because Patrick looks like he's about to break a sweat in this fifty degree weather.

"Let's call it a lucky guess. Do you wanna talk about it?"

Patrick shakes his head quickly, but he stops before nodding. "Nick and I.. we made out yesterday, and he told me that we couldn't be together. Any idea why he would say that?"

"A few." I say, and he gestures for me to continue when I don't say anything else. "One, he and his girlfriend have been on and off for about three years. My guess is that they're off right now. Two, as far as I know, Nick's never been attracted to a guy a day in his life. You're probably making him question his sexuality. And three, you're on his team. Coach has no problem with it as long as you keep your personal lives out of baseball. However, we've seen first hand how Gerard and Frank play when they're pissed at each other. I think Josh and Tyler even had a fling once, but that ended with one of them throwing a ball at the other one's head." I explain, and his eyes widen again.

"Wait, Gerard and Frank are.." He trails off, making an obscene gesture with his hands, and I nod.

"In love. Well, today they are. Tomorrow, one of them might call the other a fuck buddy. Who knows?" I say, and Patrick just nods, looking up at Nick. He sighs when Nick's eyes snap back to the field.

"I just want him to want me. He seemed pretty interested yesterday, but I can't be led on like this." Patrick retracts his arm from around my shoulders and runs both of his hands through his hair.

"Then don't. Tell him if he doesn't want you, then stop fucking with your head. And if he does want you, fuck each other's brains out. It's that simple." I say, and Patrick just rolls his eyes. "I got your back, no matter what. Just remember that."

Patrick nods and gets up, walking over to Ryan and sitting on the empty bucket next to him. Stump and Schimeca. Damn, who honestly would've thought?

I pay attention to the game again, where our team is just now taking the field. Watching Beckett warm up where I should be is hard, but it's my own fault

I turn my attention away from that to see Frank blowing a kiss to Gerard in the field. They're a really cute couple. They make me miss Ashlee. Or maybe they make me want someone I never thought I would.

I direct my attention back to Patrick and Ryan as they laugh and talk. I can't like Patrick. I just got out of a two year relationship, he and Nick have a fling going on, and there's the fact that he's still the guy I hated with everything in me from when I was twelve to just recently.

I shake those thoughts away and pay attention to the game, where it looks like it's already going bad. William hits the first batter in his elbow protector, and the guy gets his base. Just fucking great.

so how is everyone liking this?

did anyone think pete would be the first to develop feelings?

and what's in store for nick and patrick? the world may never know.

but thank all of you for voting and commenting, it means a lot to me.