27

in case anyone forgot, the coach's name is ben or benjamin

also if u guys didn't know (prob bc i forgot to mention it lmao) i have this story set in february 2015 so gay marriage isn't legalised yet

CH. 27 -- PATRICK

"What?" I groan into my phone, shielding my eyes from the bright sunlight streaming through my window. I don't exactly have a hangover, but it's a close thing. All I remember from last night after leaving the club is Pete walking me to my dorm and then going to his own.

"You just woke up, didn't you?" It's Brent, I can tell by the smart-ass dripping in his voice. I make a confirming noise, and he huffs. "Check your texts from Ben, and call me back."

"Sure." I mutter. Seriously, anything to get this asshole off of the phone.

"This is serious, Patrick. Check your phone." Brent says again, probably to get his point across, and then he hangs up. He's more whiny and bitchy than usual today. Maybe it is important.

I sigh and rub my eyes before doing as Brent told me. Fifteen missed calls from Coach, seven from Pete, multiple texts from both of them, and one lone call from my father await on my lock screen. Oh shit.

I quickly swipe my phone right and unlock it, clicking on Coach's texts. The first one is a screenshot of an article titled 'Baseball Boys Getting Friendly?' My eyes bulge at the picture of Pete and I kissing, my shirt unbuttoned. I get an uneasy feeling in my stomach. I knew someone was watching us.

The next text is a different magazine and a different title but with the same picture. This one is titled: 'You Thought Baseball Pants Were the Hottest Thing Ever? Us Too. Patrick Stump Proves Everyone Wrong.' Okay, that's just kind of vulgar. Flattering, but vulgar.

Now my whole half-naked body is on the internet. Coach will probably end up being pissed about it, but I'll deal with that later. Right now, I need to deal with my.. Pete.

I click on Pete's texts next, pushing my father's call to the back of my head. That's the last thing I want to think about right now with our first home game tonight.

All of Pete's texts have basically the same message: call me. One says something about me either waking up within the next fifteen minutes or him coming and dumping a bucket of ice water on my head. The fact that it was sent eleven minutes ago gets my attention, and I don't bother to read anymore, instead clicking on Pete's contact name and hitting the call button.

"So, this is bad." Pete doesn't even say hello, picking my phone call up on the first ring and getting right to it. "Ben says we'll probably have to do a press conference and might have to wait tonight out in the comfort of the locker room until things die down if we don't want shit getting thrown at us and cameras and microphones being shoved in our faces."

I know my face scrunches up at that. Is he fucking crazy? "Hell no, this is our first home game. I think the fuck not." I say, and Pete just sighs into the phone.

"'Trick, there are going to be people out there calling you things. Not nice things. I think it would be best if we both just sat tonight out, baby." Pete says, and the pet name almost gets me, but I quickly shake myself out of the little trance it puts me in.

"No, I'm playing. I don't care if you do. I don't give a fuck about what anyone says." I push, and Pete makes a disapproving noise.

"I'm sitting tonight out. I already told Brent and Ben I was." Pete says, and I shake my head, rolling my eyes, before realising that he can't see me.

"What the fuck, Pete? We could've gotten through this together." I say, and Pete stays silent for a few seconds after that.

"I'm not ready for everyone to know. You've had god knows how long to come to terms with yourself, Patrick. I've barely had two and a half months." Pete shoots back, and I just sigh.

"So, what? If I go along with it, we'll tell the press that one of us was drunk and kissed the other and that we're both completely straight and don't have lesbian girlfriends or anything?" I fire back at him, and he huffs, mumbling something under his breath. "What did you say?"

"That's the plan." He confirms, speaking louder this time.

"Let me guess: I'm the one that kissed you." I say, and it's not a question. If I didn't already know, Pete staying quiet for a long while would've given me my answer. "You know what? Fuck it. I'm calling my dad and telling him I'm gay." I move to hang the phone up, not wanting to put this off any further.

"Patrick!" Pete shouts, stopping me from hanging up. I make a noise so he knows I'm listening. "Why? Why would you do that? You're risking everything to play in tonight's game? Even if we lose, we can still win the series."

"You just don't get it. I'm not risking everything for the game. I'm risking everything for you." I say, and Pete gasps.

"Patrick.." He trails off, and I swallow the lump forming in my throat.

"I love you, Pete. I always have, and I always will."

okay so new chap up lol ! kind of a cliffhanger, kind of not.. but be ready for some shit in the next chap w trick's dad tho

^ there is no avoiding that lmao

also pls go check out the "not so single dad's club" by yourformerlover ! it's a sequel to my book the "single dad's club" & it's gr8 and you will all love it, i guarantee.

okay so u guys know the usual:

vote, comment, stop telling me to update !! thx for reading & sorry for this enormous author's note