35

i recommend leave by post malone

actually go listen to all of stoney tbh it's fucking great

warning: mentions of someone saying someone should basically kill himswlf

CH. 35 -- PETE

"I can't." Patrick says around the unlit cigarette in his mouth. "If I try to talk to him now, I'll end up saying something I'll really regret."

Spencer's eyes lock with mine over Patrick's shoulder as he asks, "Something you'll regret?"

Patrick lights the cigarette, throwing his hands in the air. "I'll go, like, tell him to swallow a bottle of pills or something, man, I don't know. Something I don't want to happen." My mouth drops open, and Spencer's eyes widen, but neither of us say anything.

Okay, yeah, that hurt a little. Or, well, a lot, but he's hurting right now. And I'm glad he didn't actually say it to my face because I wouldn't be responsible for punches getting thrown.

"Yeah, maybe you shouldn't." Spencer takes the now lit cigarette from Patrick's mouth and takes a long drag before putting it out.

He hands it back to Patrick, who slips it behind his ear. "Where are you going for Spring Break? Think you can stay away from Dal for a week?" Patrick teases, and Spencer just rolls his eyes.

"Funny. I'll probably go back to Vegas. I miss my parents." Spencer tells Patrick, who just nods. "You?"

"I was thinking about going home, but maybe not. Everytime I go there, all I can think about is my dad." Patrick explains, and I sigh, shaking my head. Spencer does basically the same. "I was thinking about going to Cali and actually spending some time there."

"To see Gabe?" Comes out of my mouth before I can even register it. Patrick turns around so fast, I'm sure he has whiplash. His face turns into a scowl when he realises it's me.

"Maybe. At least I know he accepts his sexuality and would actually give me something instead of just receiving." Patrick shoots back coldly. "And, actually, he probably won't eavesdrop on my fucking conversations either."

"Patrick, c'mon, baby-" I try, but Patrick holds a hand up, interrupting me.

"Fuck you. Don't 'baby' me, you fucking asshole." Patrick tries to walk closer to me, but Spencer grabs his arm, stopping him.

"Smoke a pack, and chill out." Spencer mumbles, and Patrick huffs before nodding, taking the pack of cigarettes out of Spencer's hand and turning in the other direction.

"I love you." I say weakly, but he either doesn't hear me or doesn't care. Spencer just puts a hand on my shoulder and squeezes, giving me a pained look.

"Give him some time."

--

"Pete, your father and I have some news." My mother says as soon as I get inside the door. She doesn't even let me put anything down before giving me a sad look.

My eyes flick to the table beside the door, where the family picture of Andrew, Hillary, my mother, my father, and I used to be placed. Now the picture frame has a crack down the middle, and my father has been cut out of it.

I feel my mouth drop open and my eyes widen as I realise what's happening. She smiles sadly at me and guides me to the kitchen where my father and a random lady sit.

"Pete, your mother and I are getting a divorce." My dad says when I sit down. My mom shakes her head.

"Peter, tell the boy the truth." Mom hisses at him, and he rolls his eyes in response.

"Fine. Our divorce was finalised about two weeks ago." Dad corrects himself. When my mother shoots him another dirty look, he sighs and adds, "Because I cheated on her with Grace."

"You haven't even told him the best part yet, honey." Mom says, venom dripping from her voice. He winces in response, dropping his head.

"Grace and I are getting married this summer." He mumbles, and I can't help the 'what the fuck' that comes out of my mouth. My mom smirks, seemingly pleased with herself. "I know the situation isn't ideal, but I know someone else you can talk to about it."

"I don't want to talk to anyone about it." I try to stay calm, and when I look at Grace, she gives me a sympathetic look.

"I have a son on your baseball team." She says, reaching out to put a hand on my shoulder. I flinch away from it. "That's how your father and I met."

"Who's your son?"

--

"Urie." Is all I say to the younger boy.

"Uh, hello, Pete?" Brendon seems confused that I'm calling him. He and I rarely speak outside of games or practice, and when we do, it's usually about baseball.

"Yeah, it's me. Boy, do I have some news for you?" I say, and I hear maybe Ryan in the background, groaning something like 'come on, baby.'

"Shut up, Ken, I'm on the phone. I'll be back in the bed in a second, sweetheart." Brendon's voice is slightly muffled, but I can make out most of the words he's saying.

Brendon and Kenny? Who would've thought that?

"What was it you needed again?" Brendon says, and I don't think he meant for it to come out in a douchey way, but it kind of did.

"So. Your mom. My dad. They're, uh, you know." I say, and the other line goes quiet for a few seconds.

"They're, uh, I know, what?" Brendon asks, and I pause for a little while, trying to find the confidence to say it.

"...Fucking." I say finally, and Brendon gasps, followed by maybe the phone hitting the floor.

"Hey, sorry about that. I'm going to put you on speaker so you can talk to Bren to make sure he won't drop his phone again." Kenny says quickly, doing as he said he would.

"They're also getting married this summer, dude. Crazy, right?" I say, and Brendon just gasps again.

My father is marrying into the fucking Urie family. What is he actually getting us into?

happy update it's currently late as fuck

who thought bren & kenny were going to be fucking

lol vote & comment plssss