54 - TEN YEAR COLLEGE WORLD SERIES TEAM REUINION

set in 2024, ten years after team 21 (teams are often referred to by how many players are on it for the year) won a college world series.

tonight, six months after travie and patrick tied the knot, team 21 plus dr. wilson (brent), head coach ben, and assistant coach sam — and minus k*nny — will all be together for the first time since that season.

CH. 54 — PATRICK

"Baby, have you seen my purple bow tie?" I call out to Travis, who is in the bedroom of our Seattle house, while I'm fixing my hair in the bathroom.

"Lucky you. I saw it on the nightstand and assumed you had set it out to put it into your bag, so I put it in mine." Travis tells me as he walks into the bathroom, the bow tie in question in his hand. I smile widely at him, reaching up for a kiss.

He pecks my lips and sets about getting the bow tie around my neck and under my collar, tying it. "Perfect. Just like you." With that, he leaves the bathroom and re-enters the bedroom to finish getting ready. I know my face is probably bright red, still feeling the same butterflies I felt the first time he kissed me six years ago, back when I saw him as nothing more than a teammate and friend. Back when I was still hung up on Pete.

Pete. He'll be here tonight, obviously, as he was one of the main reasons we won a World Series. I haven't seen him since my first professional game with the Indians years and years ago before I requested a trade.

"You about ready?" Travis asks, and I scramble to fix my collar and button my cuffs.

"Yeah, baby, I'm ready." I say a few seconds later, and he appears in the doorway of the bathroom, looking as handsome as ever. He's wearing the maroon button-up I picked out a few weeks ago, tucked into a pair of black slacks with black shoes to match. The outfit is topped off with a black bow tie. "You look gorgeous." I breathe, telling the complete truth. Six years later, and he still takes my breath away.

Travis smiles in return, extending a hand out to me. "Let's go see our boys."

With that, we're off to the garage, where one of our SUV's stays unless we're visiting Washington. I open the passenger door for Travis, who thanks me, pressing a kiss to the top of my head, before I make my way to the driver's seat.

We listen to whatever's playing on the radio as we drive, hands locked over the center console. As we pull into the venue where the reunion is being held, I press my lips to the back of Travis' hand.

"I love you, Travis Stump-McCoy." I say, a huge smile on my face. I'm so fucking excited to see everyone and their other halves.

"I love you more, Patrick Stump-McCoy." Travis says, and we meet in the middle for a kiss before getting out of the car. Almost immediately, I wish I would've worn a blazer over my black button-up, as it's freezing out here.

Travis seems to notice me shivering and wraps an arm around me as we walk towards the door. I snuggle into him, thankful — not for the first time — that he's almost a foot taller than me.

As soon as we enter, we come face to face with William Beckett, Travis' ex boyfriend. I'm not really the jealous type, so I say a quick hello to William before leaving he and Travis to catch up as I look over the room.

Brent is standing by the punch bowl, and I roll my eyes when I see him pull a flask out and poor the entirety of it into the punch bowl, mixing it around with the spoon. He looks up to see if anyone noticed, and we make eye contact, a large smile overtaking his face.

"Patrick!" Brent exclaims, pulling me into a hug. I find myself squeezing him tight, having not seen him since 2018, when I graduated. "You haven't gotten a bit taller."