36

brendon and kenny are together for a reason ok u'll find out as pete & bren get closer so stop fuckin complaining bc they aren't breaking up

CH. 36 -- PETE

"Hey, uh, it's-it's me. Again. I really need to talk to you. I'm sorry for being a dick. I love you." I hang the phone up after reciting basically the same thing for the twelfth time. Patrick just keeps ignoring me.

"Pete, baby, I have something to show you." My mother grabs my hand, pulling me into the kitchen. I put my phone away as I sit down.

She hands me her phone, which is pulled up on an article. The title catches my eye. "'Trouble in Paradise for Washington Huskies' Stump and Wentz?' What the hell is this, Mom?" I ask as I read it aloud.

"Just read the article." She says, gesturing to her phone. My eyes flick back to the phone as I scroll down.

There's a picture of Patrick with UC Riverside's coach, laughing and walking around the campus. I read, "Patrick Stump to transfer? Stump was seen with head coach of the Univeristy of California at Riverside Troy Percival sometime yesterday as he seemingly toured the campus. When we approached Patrick and asked if he was planning to take his talents elsewhere, he neither confirmed nor denied our statements. We also asked if there was any 'trouble,' so to speak, between he and recently confirmed boyfriend Pete Wentz, to which Stump replied, 'Every good relationship has fights, yeah? I love Pete with everything in me, but maybe we just need a little space.' Ouch, our hearts. But does that mean Patrick is available now?'" I feel my face drop as I read more and more of the article.

At some point I guess I start crying because my mother gets up and returns with a box of tissues. "It's okay, honey. I'm here for you."

I hug my mother and cry into her shoulder. "Why would he do that, Mom? He told me he'd always love me."

"I know firsthand about putting too much trust into people that don't deserve it. It's okay, baby. Patrick is wonderful, but if he isn't meant for you, he isn't meant for you. You have to accept it." My mother explains as she rubs my back.

"But he means so much to me. I don't want to lose him." I pull away to look my mother in her face. She looks tired, and I know she's been through so much in these past few months. I feel awful that I couldn't be here with her.

"If you love someone, sometimes you have to let him go. Trust that he will come back to you sometime."

--

I know this looks bad, but you have to trust me. I'm doing what's best for us. I love you.

The message sits on my phone, almost like it's mocking me. Patrick sent it at five this morning when I was already on my flight back to school. I know he did it on purpose. He knew I wouldn't have enough money to fly to California if he sent it while I was on my plane already.

'Trick, this is ridiculous. You can't fucking leave me. Not when you made me fall in love with you.

I send the message, sighing as I let my head fall back against my bathroom wall. He's actually transferring to UC Riverside.

My phone rings seconds later, and I hope it's Patrick. It isn't.

"What?" I answer Brent's call with a smart ass tone, and he just sighs.

"I know you're back on campus. Ben wants everyone on campus to meet in the locker room in twenty." Brent doesn't wait for me to protest, instead just hanging up.

I know if I don't show up, there will be consequences. So I just grab a hat and slip it over my messy hair before walking across the campus to the field. If I'm late, no one mentions it.

There are only a handful of us back on campus. Brendon, Kenny, Mikey, Gerard, Frank, Tyler, Biersack, and I are the only ones at the meeting besides Coach and Brent.

"I'm sure all of you have heard about Patrick by now, so I'm not going to beat around the bush. He's transferring out. Where? Not sure yet. But we've lost our starting catcher for good." Ben explains, keeping his eyes locked on the floor. "Not only are you all losing a teammate, you are also losing a brother. But we are going to get through this season no matter what happens. Everyone be ready for practice at 5:30 tomorrow. Spread the word to the ones that are flying back today. I want everyone on campus there."

After Brent looks to Coach, who nods, he says, "You all are dismissed. Pete, stay behind."

As everyone leaves, most of them pat me on the back. When the room is cleared except for Brent, Coach, and I, Coach begins talking. "What is going through that boy's head?"

"I don't. I don't know, Coach. He's angry with me. And he has a bad temper." I say, shaking my head.

"He's so angry with you that he would transfer?" Brent demands, rubbing a hand across his forehead as he looks at me expectantly.

"Well, I, uh, I guess so." I tell them. Coach takes off his glasses and wipes them on his shirt before putting them back on.

"I tried to stay calm in front of the others, but, Pete, we're fucked. Jon will be back in about two weeks, but he can't come back just as good as he was right away. It's going to take some time." Coach looks really stressed right now. "Pete, if we don't qualify for a regional, I'm going to lose my job. And so will Brent."

"I'll do everything I can to make sure we do, Coach. Bryar and I will work our asses off, okay? Don't freak, we'll be fine." I assure him, but I don't even believe me. So I doubt he does.

What the fuck was Patrick thinking?

uh oh..

what does everyone think about trick transferring?

does anyone think he won't go?

vote & comment pls