48

CH. 48 -- PATRICK

My first class starts at nine o'clock sharp, and I don't want to leave Pete. I never do, but today it just seems harder to force myself out of his bed.

I kiss his forehead before leaving with about five minutes to spare. Making it to my class just on time, I drop into my seat and look at my watch. Nick's eyebrows raise as he stares at me. "You look different."

"What?" I blink, turning to face him. He narrows his eyes, looking me up and down before a grin breaks out onto his face. "Seriously, what?"

"You're smiling before nine o'clock in the morning, you're dressed nicer than usual, and you're glowing." Nick says, and then he begins to laugh. "You got laid!" He almost shouts. All eyes turn to look at the two of us.

I slap a hand over his mouth as he continues to laugh. "Yeah, if you could, like, not let the world know, that'd be great."

I remove my hand once I'm sure he's through talking about it and everyone's looked away. "You got laid, you got laid." Nick chants quietly, and I continue to glare at him until he stops.

"Fine, I did. Happy?" I ask, and Nick nods, smiling at me.

"Very." He says, beginning to chant again. I roll my eyes and look down at my book, shaking my head and waiting for the teacher to come in.

--

"What's up, baby?" I drop my backpack on the ground as I enter Pete's dorm room. Seemingly, no one is here. Oh well.

I walk to Pete's room, swapping my sweats for a pair of shorts and losing my shirt before going back to the living room and turning the television on. Someone knocks on the door seconds later, and I groan, wondering if I just sit there they might go away.

I give in after the third set of knocks, trudging to the door. When I open it, I come face to face with a lady with long brown hair and sunglasses on. "Can I help you..?" I trail off, scratching the back of my neck and feeling completely embarrassed for my lack of clothes as she rakes her eyes up and down my body. I have the sudden urge to just cover myself, which is something I haven't wanted to do in years.

"You must be Pete! Joe's told me tons about you! You're as cute as a button." She hugs me then, kissing both of my cheeks. I don't hug her back.

"Uh, I'm not Pete." I say awkwardly, raising my eyebrows. "I'm his boyfriend, Patrick. Pete and Joe are both at class. Who are you?"

Her mouth drops open, and she laughs, inviting herself in. "I'm Marie, Joe's ex girlfriend." She says, taking a look around the clean dorm room. "Of course this is Joe's room. Look how clean it is."

"Not to be rude, but what are you doing here? You know, Joe has a boyfriend." I try not to be rude, but I'm very confused as to why she's even in Washington, much less in Joe's dorm.

"Nonsense! Joe's just a bit confused about his sexuality. I'm here to get him back on track." She says, and my eyes widen. I've just invited a nut job into Pete and Joe's room. They're gonna kill me. She starts walking towards me, and every step she takes, I take one back. "Are you sure you're gay? Have you even kissed a girl?"

Just as I'm about to hit a wall, I turn and walk in the other direction, shaking my head. "Nope, but I have sucked too many dicks to count. Pretty sure I'm not even the slightest bit straight." Marie laughs, inching closer to me again.

"You should try it. Some girls could change your mind." She says seductively, and I duck under her arm at the last second, shaking my head.

"Don't think my boyfriend would like that. I'm good." I say, and she smiles at me again, finally stopping trying to corner me.

"You're not confident enough in your sexuality to kiss a girl? Is that what you're saying?" Marie asks, and I know she's just trying to get me to give in at this point.

"Actually, I'm so confident in my relationship, that I don't have the desire to be with anyone that isn't my boyfriend. That's all." I say, and as if on cue, Pete and Joe come in the door. I sigh in relief, rushing over to my boyfriend. "Hello, gorgeous. I'm so glad you're here." I pull him in for a kiss, making sure Marie sees.

"Marie?" Joe drops his backpack in confusion. "What are you doing here?" He eyes me suspiciously like I did something wrong.

"Joey! I missed you so much, I had to come see you." She rushes over to Joe and tries to kiss him, but he holds her away from him.

"Marie, we broke up a year and a half ago. You can't just come see me out of nowhere because you missed me." Joe takes his hoodie off, handing it to me. I pull it over my head, thankful that I finally have something to cover me. "I think you should go. If you want to meet later, my boyfriend and I would love to have coffee with you."

Marie's mouth drops open as Joe gestures to the door. She narrows her eyes at him before smiling. "Sure thing, I'll text you later." She leaves, not looking back.

"You let my ex into my dorm room?" Joe hisses as soon as the door is shut. I hold my hands up innocently.

"I didn't do shit. She pushed through me and spent about twenty minutes trying to get me to kiss her." I say, and Pete shakes his head, laughing.

"Of course she did. Look at you." Pete says, and I smile, rolling my eyes. The butterflies that brings me make me nervous. I've been with this boy for almost six months, and I still feel the way I did when I met him years ago.

"I'm gonna go before you two decide to get naked." Joe says, heading to his room, and I just laugh, kissing Pete's forehead.

"OMG IT'S BEEN SO LONG SINCE U UPDATED"

soz oh well

thx 4 reading

thoughts?