40

CH. 40 -- PATRICK

While I'll admit that it did hurt, it's not the worst pain I've ever endured in my life. And the look on Pete's face afterwards makes any pain I have and will go through definitely worth it.

Hayley reads me off a list of things to do to make sure I don't fuck the tattoo up or get an infection before Pete and I are free to go. I'm dreading seeing the man I've now come to know as my half brother.

"You're great. I fucking missed you." Pete says as we get back outside. He grabs my hand as we walk back to the car.

"I missed you too, baby." I cup his face when we get back to the car. "I'm so glad you took my stupid ass back." We kiss for a few seconds, and I realise how much I really did miss him.

"Fuck." He pulls away after I bite his bottom lip and smiles at me. "So, your brother will be at the diner soon. We are continuing that later."

"Whatever you want, baby." I kiss him once more before starting the car and heading to the diner.

When we get there, Pete grabs my hand. "It'll be fine. We're going to get rid of this asshole, and you can play again."

I smile and nod as we walk inside. "There he is." I say, sucking in a deep breath and squeezing Pete's hand. I lead him over to the booth my half brother is sitting in, and we sit on the same side.

"Patrick." He says, and I narrow my eyes at him.

"Ryland." I say back. He gives me a soft smile.

"I don't hate you, you know." Ryland says, and I roll my eyes.

"No, I don't know, considering you're blackmailing me into giving you money." I shirt back. Ryland just sighs, shaking his head before turning his attention to Pete.

"I'm sorry, I don't think I've had the privilege of meeting you before." He says, holding a hand out to my boyfriend. Pete looks at me before shaking Ryland's hand. "I'm Ryland Blackington, well, Stump."

"Pete Wentz, well, Stump if everything works out." Pete says, and I feel my cheeks heating up as I drop my gaze to the table. Ryland laughs.

"Let's stop playing games. Tell me how much you need." I say, and Ryland shakes his head at me.

"$7,000." Ryland says, and my mouth drops open.

"Fucking hell." Pete swears out loud, calling attention to our table.

"I'm sorry it has to be this way, Patrick. I have to get this money one way or another." Ryland tells me, but I just press my lips together into a thin line.

"I'll get you the fucking money." I say, and Ryland tries to reach across the table to grab my shoulder. I flinch away from him.

"Patrick, my brother is dying." Ryland says, and my eyes widen in response. "I'm not doing this to you to get money to fucking blow somewhere."

"What the fuck is going on?" Pete mumbles to himself, but both of us still hear him.

"He needs a liver transplant, and the only one of us that had the same blood type as him was my mom. She passed away when I was fifteen." Ryland explains, and I feel my face soften.

"I had no idea.." I say, and Ryland just smiles sadly at me.

"The surgery costs $17,000, but I've already raised $10,000. I just need the other 7,000 from you." Ryland tells us, and I nod.

"I'll get you the money." I assure him, and he nods, giving me a small smile before leaving.

Pete is already on the phone with his father's trying to negotiate a deal. After fifteen minutes of Pete guilt-tripping his father, the older man finally gives in.

Pete grins at me as soon as he hangs up, taking his checkbook out. He writes a check and signs his name before holding it out to me.

"Pete, this is too much.." I trail off, taking his hand that isn't holding the seven thousand dollar check. Seriously. Seven thousand dollars is in his hand right now. And he wants to give it to me.

"No, 'Trick, it's fine. I want to do this for you." Pete says, and I smile at him. How did I get so fucking lucky?

"You really are my sugar daddy now." I say, and he dies out laughing, face turning red and mouth falling open.

"Stop that, oh my god." He tells me, thrusting the check towards me. With some hesitation, I finally take it.

"You're the best, baby." I say, kissing his forehead. He just shoots me another smile and grabs my hand.

"You're the best." Pete says, and I feel my cheeks heating up. We drop the check into the mailbox on Ryland's door before heading to the airport, so we can get back in time for practice tomorrow and then the games this weekend.

The money is in your mailbox. Keep your word, and we won't cancel the check. I hope everything goes well with the surgery.

I text him before we take off, and Pete squeezes my hand again. Looking into his eyes, I realise just how damn lucky I am to have this gorgeous man be mine.

lol shoutout to those "friends" that pretend they care about you but forget ur fckin birthday like yes

especially when u remember theirs like thx for blessing me with your friendship it's all i ever wanted in life

sorry i'm really fucking salty bc someone i thought was supposed to be one of my best friends hasn't even thought about telling me hbd yet and it's like fucking 11pm

but on a happier note i got a fucking car y'all s/o dad ur the best

also my mom got me a packers jersey and i'm pumped as shit for that too

thank u all for reading this u guys are the absolute best thx for sticking around for two years