52

smut warning but i promise you'll hate me

extra long chapter

CH. 52 -- PETE

Patrick is in trouble for dating me. Ben thinks we suck as a couple and wants us to break up. What the fuck.

Patrick could lose his scholarship because of me. And Patrick's mom won't be as forgiving as mine was, offering to pay the rest of my tuition for me to continue playing baseball.

I call Spencer for help. He's always the person I call when I need advise - other than Patrick. He picks up on the first ring. "What's up?" Spencer asks, and I hear laughing on the other side of the phone. He must be with Dallon.

"I need some advise." I say, and the other line goes quiet. I hear some shuffling around before a door closes.

"Okay, I'm by myself now. You sound sad. What's wrong?" Spencer asks, and I put the phone on speaker and set it on the hotel nightstand.

"Ben wants Patrick and I to break up. Doesn't want a repeat of two years ago." I say, and Spencer gasps. I bite my lip, looking down at my shoes.

"What are you going to do?" Spencer sounds worried, like he knows if Patrick and I break up, neither of us will be happy for a while.

"I don't know. Patrick doesn't know that I know. Brent called me about thirty minutes ago and explained the whole situation." I explain, thinking back to how sad Brent sounded. Like he knows Patrick and I should be together, Ben be damned. "What should I do?"

"It's your choice, Pete. Honestly, it's either break up with Patrick or risk his baseball career." Spencer says after a few moments of silence. "And don't think I'm trying to guilt you into anything. You and Patrick are great together when you aren't fighting."

That hits me hard. He's right. All Patrick and I have been doing lately is fighting, breaking up, and getting back together. It's a never-ending cycle. How could anyone be happy like that?

"I think I know what I'm going to do." I say suddenly, tears coming to my eyes as I think of it.

"Fuck, Pete, I don't know how to talk you out of this. He's going to be fucking heartbroken, you know that, right?" Spencer says, and a tear does fall down my cheek at that.

"I know the feeling. Thanks, Spence." I hang the phone up after that, packing my bags and catching the first flight back to Washington.

--

I knock on Patrick's dorm room door, praying to every god there is that Dallon isn't here. Patrick opens the door, eyes widening when he sees me. "Baby? It's midnight, what are you doing here?" He asks, obviously confused.

"Is Dallon here?" I demand, pushing past him. Patrick shakes his head, scratching the back of his neck.

"No, he's at Spencer's. Wh-" Before he can finish his sentence, I'm pushing him back to sit on the couch, straddling his hips.

I kiss him, my hands tangling in his hair and tugging hard. He moans, his hands finding my hips and holding onto them tightly.

"Someone missed me, I take it?" Patrick asks, breaking our kiss and slipping his hands under the back of my shirt.

"So fucking much. You don't even know." I kiss him again, ripping the short sleeve button up he has on open so I can run my hands down his chest.

Patrick pulls my shirt over my head, his hands fumbling with his own belt buckle as soon as my shirt hits the ground. I lift up so he can get his jeans and boxers down to his thighs, his cock dark against his pale stomach.