11

CH. 11 -- PETE

"Your starting lineup for the Washington Huskies is as follows; Batting first and playing shortstop is Frank Iero. Batting second and playing first base is Andy Hurley. Batting third and playing third is Nick Schimeca. Batting fourth and catching is Patrick Stump. Batting fifth, your designated hitter, is Travie McCoy. Batting sixth and playing second is Spencer Smith. Batting seventh and playing center field is Gerard Way. Batting eighth and playing right field is Tyler Joseph. Batting ninth and playing left field is Ryan Ross. Your pitcher for tonight is Pete Wentz. Ladies and gentlemen, please remove your hats and stand for our prayer and the singing of the National Anthem." The announcer says, and we al line up, bowing our heads for the prayer. After that's over, the announcer's voice comes back over the thing to say, "We're having technical difficulties with our radio. Give us a few moments."

I then see Nick elbowing Patrick and saying something, but Patrick's eyes go wide as he shakes his head. Nick continues to bother him until he sighs and nods.

Patrick jogs over to Coach and says something before Coach gives him a suspicious look and then nods. Patrick runs over to the dugout and out of the fence, going up the stairs to the stadium. Security lets him through to where the announcer is.

Seconds later, the announcer's voice rings through. "Change of plans. Catcher for the Washington Huskies, Patrick Stump, will lead us in the singing of our National Anthem." My eyes go wide, and I exchange a look with Nick who just smirks, like he knows something I don't.

Patrick is escorted back down to the field, this time with a microphone in his hand. "Oh, say can you see, by the dawn's early light, what so proudly we hailed, at the twilight's last gleaming?" And I swear I stop breathing.

His voice is amazing, and he finishes all too quickly, everyone in the stands cheering. A blush rises on his pale cheeks as he waves and goes back to the dugout to suit up since we take the field first.

"Okay, what the fuck was that?" I ask, and Patrick just shrugs, strapping his shin guards on.

"Just something I do on the side." He says. "No big deal."

"No big deal? You're gonna go viral, Stump. There's going to be headlines telling you to quit baseball and become a rockstar." I say, and he just rolls his eyes, flipping me off.

"Yeah, right. Baseball is who I am, Pete. Singing is just a hobby." Patrick says, grabbing his helmet and glove and taking the field. I grab my own glove before following him so I can warm up.

The first inning goes through easily, the first batter bunting and Nick throwing him out. The second batter strikes out, and the third one hits to Gerard, who catches it easily.

"Good pitching, good pitching." Tyler says as we run in. I wink at him, earning a dirty look from Josh. I thought they were through? But it's alright, it's whatever. I don't have my eye on Tyler.

The guy I have my eye on is about ten feet shorter than Joseph, has a bad temper, and the most gorgeous eyes I've ever seen. And is currently staring at Nick Schimeca.

I look away and sigh, turning my attention to Frank, who's just laid down a nice bunt and taken first. Andy comes up next, points at the fence, steps in the box, and hits a ball in the gap. Frank makes it to third, Andy to second.

Nick comes up, and I hear Patrick on deck, screaming for his teammate. "You got it, Nick. Eye on the ball." Nick does keep his eye on the ball. Every one of them. Nick gets walked in four balls, leaving Patrick to come up with bases loaded.

"Listen to me, Stump. Relax, and hit the ball, alright? You've done this two hundred times." Coach says, and Patrick nods, stepping in the box and lifting his bat off of his shoulders.

He misses the first pitch thrown and shakes his head, looking at first base where Nick is. Nick just stands there, not saying anything encouraging, so Patrick huffs. He gets in the box and swings at one way over his head and misses.

"You've got this, Patrick. Calm down. Nobody better, nobody better." I say, his eyes meet mine, and he winks before stepping back in. He sends the next pitch well over the left center wall, bringing in all of the runs, making the score four to nothing.

When Patrick gets back in the dugout, he smiles at me and then walks over to hug me. I smile back and wrap my arms around his neck. Nick is glaring at me, but I close my eyes and hold my catcher tight.

--

We end the series two and one, blowing them out both times that Patrick and I played. Now, we're having a team dinner since we're back on campus. It's tradition to eat at a nice restaurant as a team after the first series.

I've already arrived, as have more than half of the team, leaving Patrick, Travie, Ryan, Spencer, William, and Kenny as the members of the team that aren't here. That doesn't last long as Kenny, Travie, Ryan, and William walk up together.

When Patrick and Spencer arrive, I do a double take at just how good Patrick looks. He's wearing painted on black skinny jeans, a plain black t-shirt, and a blue blazer on top, accompanied by his black framed glasses and a silver watch.

My breath catches in my throat when he looks at me and smiles. The seat next to me has a piece of paper in front of it that clearly reads his last name, so he walks over to me and sits down.

"Sorry I'm late. What did I miss?" He grins, and I shake my head. Literally, I can't remember anything since he walked in.

"The party didn't start until you got here." I say a little breathlessly, and he just kind of laughs and picks up his wine glass with water in it. "They only gave us water? That's no fun. Could've given us a Smirnoff or something."

"You're not even nineteen." I remind him, and he shrugs, picking up my drink. While mine looks the same, since I'm a junior and the legal age to be drinking, I don't have just water in my glass. And he knows it.

Patrick turns my glass up and downs it all quickly, leaning into me and whispering, "You look hot tonight," which makes me blush.

"You're a lightweight." I say, and he shakes his head, letting a hand rest on my thigh.

"I get more confident when I drink. I know what I want, and what I want is you." Patrick runs his hand up a little, dangerously close to something he shouldn't be near before pulling away. "If you don't want me, tell me to stop."

He places his hand on my hip and slides it down my back to grab my ass, and I barely stifle a moan. Any moment, he could pull away and say 'gotcha!' but I'm trusting he won't.

I just hope I'm making the right decision

possible smut in the next chapter? also the amount patrick had to drink wasn't even enough to get a lightweight drunk, so I don't want any comments about how pete is taking advantage.

is this moving too fast?