42

CH. 42 -- PATRICK

"So, Pete, do you promise to always love me?"

I sit in anticipation for what seems like hours but is probably only a few seconds. Pete just stands there, not moving or saying anything.

"Maybe this was a bad idea." I mumble, getting ready to stand. Pete stops me by placing a hand on my shoulder.

"It's not a bad idea." He smiles, moving his hand to cup my jaw. "I love you. I promise I'll always love you."

The smile on my face must be brighter than the sun when I slip the ring on Pete's right hand ring finger and stand up to kiss him. "Look at the scoreboard." I whisper against his lips, and he pulls away to do as I said.

There's a picture of our whole team, including Coach Ben, Coach Sam, and Brent, each holding one letter up that combine to say, 'Congratulations!' Pete smiles again and hugs me.

"I love you. I love you so fucking much it hurts." Pete kisses me again, and someone snaps a picture. It's Spencer.

Pete flips him off with his right hand and kisses me again. "Send me those." I say when we pull away, and Spencer nods, giving me a thumbs up.

"You boys don't have too much fun, alright? I'm sure I can arrange things to where Dallon stays at mine tonight, if you guys want." Spencer says suggestively, wiggling his eyebrows. I don't wait for Pete to answer.

"No, we're fine. We'll probably just go back to my dorm and cuddle anyways. Nothing too scandalous." I say before laughing. Pete needs to know that I didn't do this because I wanted sex. I did this because I love him, and I always will.

Pete's eyes widen, and he looks taken aback, like he thought I'd want to be alone with him tonight. He smiles when he sees me staring, kissing me again. "You're sure you don't want to be alone?" Pete slips one of his hands into my back pocket and squeezes lightly.

I grab his arm, stopping him. "I'm sure. This isn't about sex, Pete. I couldn't care less about the sex." I say, and suddenly, my mind flashes back to curly brown hair and green eyes. Adam. I pull away from Pete and gasp, realising I still haven't told him.

"What's wrong?" Pete asks immediately, a mix of worry and confusion on his face.

"Nothing, nothing, I just remembered about an assignment I have due tomorrow." I lie easily, and Pete relaxes, smiling at me.

When Pete finds out about Adam, which is most likely going to happen, he won't be too happy with me. I already know. I'm not happy with me.

--

"You want me and Brendon to help plan the fucking wedding?" Pete almost yells into his phone. "I don't like that bitch you're marrying, Dad, why would I want to help?" His father rushes out something in response, and even though the phone is on speaker, I don't care enough to register what words his dad is saying.

"Do you really want Brendon Urie of all people to help plan your father's wedding?" I mumble into Pete's hair, pulling him closer to me. His eyes widen, and his body goes still.

"Fine, I'll help. But only because I don't want the venue looking like the perfect mixture of the Church of Satan and a the Magic School Bus adventure." Pete says after a second of thinking about what I said.

"Oh, thank you, Patrick!" Peter says, and I just roll my eyes, even though he can't see me. I've never liked Pete's dad that much. His mom was always the nicer of the two. "When are you two thinking about tying the knot?" I almost choke on my own spit, and Pete's face turns bright red.

"Contrary to your personal experience, most people don't date for a summer and then marry." Pete shoots back, and I can't help myself from laughing loudly.

"Plus it isn't even legal yet." I add, and I know my face falls because all of this is actual bullshit. A man can cheat on his wife, get divorced, and get married again in less than six months because they're straight. Meanwhile, I might never be able to marry who I want, and even when I can, there are still people in this world that won't accept it.

"Maybe Grace and I could fly out there, and you two and Bren and Kenny can take us out to dinner and get to know each other better?" Pete's father suggests, and Pete just snorts in response.

"I'm hanging up now." Pete says, and he doesn't wait for his father to say anything before doing what he said he was going to.

"Give me attention." I cling to him as soon as he reaches over and puts his phone on the table.

"We literally just made out for thirty minutes before my dad called. I was on the phone with him for maybe five minutes, and you were involved in the whole convo. Not enough attention for you?" Pete looks amused, wrapping his arms around me and pulling me closer to him.

"No. I don't get Pete time very often. I treasure it." I smile, kissing his forehead and then both of his cheeks and his nose.

"You lie! I'm always spending time with you!" Pete laughs then, pecking my lips once.

"Not enough time."

Pete rolls his eyes and kisses me again, and we let this one deepen. Somehow, he ends up straddling me and grinding down into me.

He moves away to pull his shirt over his head, and I'm already shirtless, considering I thought we were going to bed.

"Fuck me." He whispers, moving back into my lap. He kisses me again before I can answer.

"No." I say, and he pulls away, eyes widening. He looks hurt.

"Why not?" He asks, reaching for his t-shirt. He pulls it back over his head.

"Because tonight isn't about that. I don't want you to feel obligated to fuck me because I got you a ring. Ask me again tomorrow." I say, and Pete gives me a small smile before nodding.

"I love you so much." Pete says, grabbing my hand and squeezing it.

"I love you more."

omg bay why is ur updating schedule so fucked ?!111!

listen everything in my life rn is fucked rn besides me

thx 4 reading !!