39

CH. 39 -- PETE

"It's gonna be in the tabloids soon that you got a fucking tattoo with my initials on it." Patrick says like he can't believe it. But he smiles to himself, shaking his head.

"Wanna make 'em go crazy? You should get Forever - PLKW3 or some shit." I say, laughing. Patrick turns to me with a wicked grin on his face. "I was joking. Your first tattoo will not be my initials."

"You're not my boss, you're my boyfriend. I'll do what I want." Patrick shoots back, and I just roll my eyes. "And what I want is to get a matching tattoo."

"Patrick, you can't be serious." I say, and he just narrows his eyes at me.

"How come you can get my initials but I can't get yours?" He frowns, and I can't help from smiling.

"Because you're supposed to be the responsible one." I say, and he rolls his eyes.

"Who was the one that came out when he was told not to?" Patrick says, and I just shake my head, smiling at him.

"Good point. But I don't want you to do this and it end up being a mistake." I tell him, and his face softens as he cups my cheek.

"You'll never be a mistake. And if we don't last, we'll be two idiots with matching tattoos. Things could be a lot worse." Patrick says, and I end up nodding. "So, we take care of my brother first, and then we're off to the tattoo parlour."

--

"I just asked him to meet us at the diner on his street when he gets off of work." Patrick says as he pockets his phone. "He'll be about three hours. You want to do the tattoo now?"

"Are you sure about this?" I ask, and he rolls his eyes. "Patrick, this is serious. My initials are stuck on you for the rest of your life unless you want to get something else to cover them up or go through the painful process of getting the tattoo removed."

"I'm not a child, Pete. I know what I'm doing." Patrick assures me, and I sigh, nodding.

"If you're ready, I'm ready." I say, and he smiles brightly at me. I hope he doesn't cry because then I'll cry.

We find the least sketchy looking tattoo parlour we can. "Hi, yeah, I'm Patrick Stump-" Before he can say anything else, the guy stops him.

"The gay baseball player!" He says immediately, and Patrick's face drops as he shakes his head.

"Yeah, that's me." Patrick says, and I can't help myself from snorting at his expression.

"That means you're Pete." The guy continues, and I freeze, which causes Patrick to laugh.

"Yes, that's us." Patrick answers for me. "Now I'm looking to get a tattoo."

"No problem. You just need to fill this out, and I'll make sure our best artist is available." He says, handing Patrick a stack of papers. "I'm Ian, by the way. When you're done with the papers, just bring them back to me."

Patrick flashes a pretty smile at Ian before taking the papers and sitting down. I sit next to him and watch as he fills the papers out.

"He so has the hots for you." I whisper, and Patrick's eyes snap up to meet mine as he chances a look back at Ian, who is typing away on his computer.

"Shut up, he does not." Patrick mumbles, and I just laugh, placing a hand on Patrick's shoulder.

"Whatever you say." I tell him, and Patrick looks at me before looking back at Ian.

"He's not you, so it doesn't matter if he has the hots for me." Patrick shoots back, and my eyes widen. He winks at me before going back to his papers.

When he finally finishes, we go back to Ian, who tells us we won't have to wait long. Patrick holds my hand, rubbing his thumb over the back of it.

"Nervous?" I ask, and Patrick just shakes his head.

"No." He smiles at me, bringing my hand to his mouth to kiss it. "In love." My chest tightens at his confession, and I can't help the stupid smile that comes to my face.

"I love you." I say, and he hugs me closer to him and kisses my forehead.

"Sorry to interrupt your moment, but your artist is ready now." Ian says, and Patrick and I both nod before standing.

"Don't be nervous, it'll be fine." I say, squeezing Patrick's hand as we follow Ian. Patrick simply rolls his eyes.

"I'm not nervous, you big baby. You better not cry." Patrick teases me, and I just laugh. We stop in front of a door, which Ian gestures for us to go in.

The tattoo artist turns around, and to Patrick's surprise, it's a woman. She shakes both of our hands. "Hi, I'm Hayley Williams, your tattoo artist for today. Which of you is Patrick?" Patrick steps forward, and she smiles. "Take a seat, Mr. Stump."

Patrick does as she said, sitting down in the chair in front of her. She grabs her notepad and a pen. "I understand you want the word 'Forever' accompanied with the letters and number, 'PLKW3,' correct?"

"Yeah, that's right." Patrick says as Hayley sits down in front of him.

"Any particular writing you want it in?" She asks, and Patrick beckons me forward. I show her my tattoo, and she smiles immediately. "Matching tattoos. How cute." Patrick's face turns red at her words. She begins to match the format on my tattoo. When she's finished, she shows it to him.

"Perfect." He breathes, looking at me. She smiles again.

"And where do we want it?" Hayley asks. This is the part Patrick and I didn't talk about. He smiles at me.

"Forearm. For everyone to see." Patrick says, pointing at the spot he wants it. Hayley nods as she begins to wash her hands and put her gloves on.

Patrick toughs his way through the tattoo and doesn't cry at all. The tattoo ends up being great, and I can't be mad that he decided to do this.

it's been one yr since i saw fob i miss them

thx for reading guys

thoughts ??