29

if u guys ever need any songs to cry to, i highly recommend dashboard confessional

all of their songs are sickingly sad and will help u if u need a good cry

CH. 29 -- PETE

"Pete, any comments on Patrick's confession?" One of the reporters asks me, and I just shake my head. I'm so baffled at what Patrick just did that I don't know if I can speak.

"Press conference adjourned." Coach steps onto the stage and pulls both of us off, shaking his head. "What the hell is wrong with you?"

"I'm not saying I'm sorry if that's what you want. And I'm not taking back what I just said." Patrick says, crossing his arms. Coach throws his hands in the air.

"The last thing I want you to do is take it back. That'll be worse than what's already going to happen." Coach shakes his head and turns to Brent, mumbling something to him. When he turns back to us, I can tell how stressed he is right now. "I'm taking you, and Brent is taking Patrick."

"Taking us where exactly?" I ask, finally speaking up.

"To your dorms. Your separate dorms. And we're going to make sure there's a camera on each of you to catch that you're going to different places." Coach explains, and before Patrick can protest, Brent is pulling him away.

"No, wait!" I say suddenly, surprising everyone, including myself. When Patrick and Brent turn around, I find myself saying, "In love with you. Me. Am. I'm in love with you." Patrick's eyes widen, and his face turns bright red before he crosses the room, cups my face, and kisses me hard enough to push us back onto the stage where some of the reporters are still mingling.

Gasps erupt around us, but I couldn't care less. Flashes go off as Patrick continues to kiss me, and I know this will be all over the news soon enough. When Patrick finally pulls away from me, if I wouldn't have already lost my breath from kissing him, it would be gone now because of the smile on his face.

"Oh brother." Coach just shakes his head, a small smile on his face. I know all he wants is the best for us and that he doesn't want anyone talking shit about us, but he has to realise that we're grown men.

"Any comments, Pete?" A reporter asks me, and I nod.

"I'm in love with Patrick Stump."

--

"Starters for tonight's Valentine's Day game include recently outed pitcher/catcher duo, Pete Wentz and Patrick Stump. Here's Pete talking about how everything happened." I hear the announcer say, and then I realise that I'm being videoed.

"So, Pete, how are you?" The lady, Barb if I remember correctly, asks me, a smile on her face.

"I'm really good. Happier than I think I've ever been." I say, and her smile grows.

"Tell us when you first knew you liked Patrick as more than a teammate and friend." She says, and I nod.

"Well, you know, I think I realised that when Patrick followed me here, it wasn't just to win a championship. When he told me he was gay, I felt something, like butterflies, I guess. All I wanted to do was kiss him." I explain, and she nods.

"And you did?" She teases, and I laugh, nodding.

"Yeah, yeah, I did. On the field actually. I guess everyone just overlooked it and thought it was a kiss of excitement." I say, and she nods.

"How do you think this will affect your game?"

"I don't think it'll change that much. I've always been cheering Patrick on as much as I could, and I don't think that will be any different. He's always meant a lot to me, now it's just in a different sense."

"Well, that was starting pitcher for the Washington Huskies Pete Wentz on his romantic relationship with boyfriend and catcher Patrick Stump. You saw it here first." She turns the camera off and thanks me before leaving me standing where I am.

"Boyfriend." I mumble to myself, testing the word out. I've never had one of those before.

As if on cue, there's a tap on my shoulder, and when I turn, I face the one person that I want to be my boyfriend. "You ready? This is like a new beginning. The first day of the rest of our lives?" Patrick says, offering me an outstretched hand.

"I'm pretty sure they say that about high school, Lunchbox." I say, but I take his hand anyways as we walk onto the field. Everyone goes quiet, and I hold my breath, feeling Patrick tense up to me.

Until someone starts clapping, and suddenly, it's like the domino effect. Everyone, from both sides, begins to cheer for the both of us. I can feel Patrick relax, and Coach sends both of us a tight lipped smile as we both grab our gloves and part ways. Brent gives us both a thumbs up from his spot in the dugout.

We win the game easily, and when Patrick hits a homerun, the first thing he does after touching home plate is march over to me and kiss me. In front of thousands of people and a shit ton of people watching at home.

The day ends up being great and ends with me in Patrick's arms at the end of the night. I decide that it's probably my new favourite place to be when I get to wake up to my favourite boy humming lightly as he shoves a cup of coffee into my hands.

okay i now have this story planned out but idk how long it's going to be (don't look for it to be ending anytime soon tho)

should have a nice and happy ending but not until after some (a lot of) drama

of course there's the thing w patrick's dad that's going to be revealed soon

and then pete's going to graduate two yrs before patrick and where will he go

guess we'll find out ! thx 4 reading this shit & i should update a couple more times today