26

CH. 26 -- PETE

"I'm sorry." I say again, and Patrick just shakes his head, pulling me in for a hug.

"It's fine. I'll be here for when you're ready." Patrick says, rubbing my back. I smile.

"Thank you for not being upset with me." I say, and Patrick's eyebrows furrow in confusion.

"You don't have to thank me? I'm just treating you like you're a human being. I could never be mad at you for not being ready to have sex with me." Patrick says, ruffling my hair. "But I am going to have to take a cold shower, so I'll be back in a few. Hope you don't mind if I borrow some of your clothes."

I don't bother responding, knowing that Patrick will take my clothes no matter what I say. I don't mind, he looks good in them.

I don't know what it is, but I just can't seem to let myself go any farther than kissing Patrick. As soon as Joe left, I pushed Patrick away and ran to my room and shut the door. I felt terrible for shutting Patrick out, but something inside of me won't let me do it.

I feel like if I have sex with him, it'll become real. Like I'm actually in love with a dude. I don't know if what I feel for Patrick is love, but I think I will have to be completely sure before we go any further.

I've never had a problem fucking girls when I didn't love them, but I guess this is different because Patrick is different. Ever since he's been in my life, he's been a dependable and honest friend.

Now that he's becoming a more than friend is proving to be a hard transition.

--

"I'm just saying that I don't think fake I.D.'s are a good idea. I can just be the designated driver." Patrick insists, but I shake my head.

"You've been away from your mom and dad for three months, and I haven't taken you drinking once. It's time, baby, it's time." I wink at Patrick, who just rolls his eyes at me.

"I really hate you sometimes." Patrick says as he begins to button his shirt. I stop him, only buttoning a few more and leaving three of them open on the top. He gives me a sceptical look. "Pete?"

"Trust me, you look hot." I say, brushing my fingers across his collarbone. "You should get a tattoo here. It would look nice." Patrick snorts.

"I'm not pretty enough for tattoos, baby." Patrick says, running a hand down my bare back. "Cute, sure, but not pretty. I'll leave that to you."

"Trust me, you're pretty enough." I bring our lips together gently, and he pulls me in tighter, pressing us against one another. "Alright, I'm sure the guys are waiting for us." I say, pulling away from Patrick and grabbing a plain white t-shirt.

"The guys?" Patrick asks, eyebrows raised and lips pursed. He buckles his belt and turns away from me to face the mirror.

"Yeah, Andy is D.D., Joe is keeping an eye on you, and Travie is looking for a good fuck." I explain, and Patrick just nods, like he should've known or something.

As both of us finished getting dressed, we walk out of my room and into the living room Joe and I share, where, sure enough, Andy, Joe, and Travie are all waiting. "Took you bitches long enough. Let's go, motherfuckers." Travie says, pushing himself up off of the couch and towards the door.

When we reach the car, Travie receives a text message as we're driving off. "Who is it?" I ask when he begins to laugh after reading it.

"William said it's twink night. Therefore, he got in free, and he said you will, too. And free drinks all night for you." Travie says, and I feel my face begin to heat up. Patrick simply smirks from beside me. "So that means Patrick tops? For real? This was easier to get out of the two of you than we thought."

"We are neither confirming or denying anything." Patrick says, to which I am very grateful. "But yeah, I do." He adds at the end, giggling when I elbow him.

When we arrive, we find out William wasn't joking. The other guys have to pay to get in, but I'm let in automatically when the bouncer sees my rolled up skinny jeans, vans, and white shirt. Patrick pushes in right behind me after paying, slipping a hand around to my stomach to guide us.

"You don't even know where you're going." I say, and he leans closer to me to speak into my ear so I can hear him.

"It doesn't matter. What I do know is that I don't want anyone even looking in your direction." Patrick then kisses my neck, right below my ear. "Now, baby, but me a drink?" He teases, pushing me towards the bar.

"Anything for you." I say, and I show the bartender my stamp that indicates I got in free, and he gives me the drinks I want: a Smirnoff and whiskey and coke.

"Cheers, baby." Patrick says, clinking his glass to mine. He drinks the whiskey and coke quickly, sliding it back across the counter for a refill and getting it before guiding me onto the dance floor. "One thing I can do is dance." He whispers, winking at me.

Patrick holds his glass in one hand, using the other to turn me around and press his crotch to my ass. He takes a sip of his drink and begins to move his hips, and I do the same, following his lead.

"Fuck." Patrick mutters when someone bumps into him, making him spill his drink on himself. Anyone can now see straight through his white button-up.

He makes his way to the door, and I follow closely behind him. As we exit the packed bar, he unbuttons his shirt the rest of the way. "What are you doing?" I ask, grabbing his arm.

He leaves his shirt hanging at his sides and unbuttons his cuffs, rolling the sleeves up as he turns to me. "Going home. This sucks. I'd much rather be cuddling with you in the comfort of our dorm rooms. I feel like everyone's watching me in there and out here."

"Who wouldn't be? I can't keep my eyes off of you, and I wouldn't blame them if they can't either." I say, and he rolls his eyes but pulls me to him, kissing my lips chastely.

"Let's go home. I'll walk if I have to." Patrick says, and I silently agree, shooting Andy a text and then hailing a cab.

go check out the "not so single dad's club" by yourformerlover !! it's a sequel to my book the "single dad's club" and it's gr8 so far !

thx 4 reading as usual