Seasons in the Sun

A week after the band had left to record Euronymous called Benedikte.  He wanted to close down the shop at the urging of his parents.  So Benedikte closed the shop in Euronymous’ absence. 

Benedikte and Kirsten moved into Hellhammer’s house because they had nowhere else to go.  The next day the girls got a call at the house.

“Hello,” Benedikte said into the receiver.

“Hey babe it’s me.  How is everything going at the house?”  Hellhammer’s voice said from the other side.

“Good, how is the album going?  I hope Euronymous and Varg haven’t been causing too much trouble.”  Benedikte said giggling and twirling her hair.

“Fine but we were wondering if you and Kirsten would like to come down.  Watch us record.  I also think you’d be a good mediator between the boys.”

“Alright that sounds awesome.  You’re in Bergen right, at Grieg Hall.” 

“Yeah we are I’ll see you both when you get here.  I love you,” Hellhammer said.

“Love you too, see you later.”  Benedikte said.

Benedikte hung up the phone and yelled down the hall, “Kirsten get packed we’re going to Bergen.”

***

Once they entered Bergen they drove straight to the recording studio.  It was growing late by the time they arrived.  It was a large building that housed the Bergen Philharmonic Orchestra.  When we finally found the room they were already arguing.

“Good God you are already fighting.  What the hell is going on?”  Benedikte asked.

“Well for some reason Attila thinks he’s singing this song right but it’s totally wrong.”  Euronymous whined.

“Well since its Dead’s songs, I wanna hear it.  I will tell you how it should sound.  Pelle was my friend and I knew him best.”  Benedikte said, staring at Euronymous the whole time she spoke.

Benedikte listened intently to Attila.  She had her eyes closed and tapped her foot. 

After he was done, Benedikte’s eyes fluttered open; she looked Attila straight in the face and said, “That was just how it should sound.  You have this operatic quality so it doesn’t have to be as harsh.”  Benedikte stated.

“Okay great Attila sounds amazing and we can stop fighting, so can we finally go to bed.”  Kirsten said sardonically and then yawned.

They all just slept in the studio.  It was too expensive to get a hotel.

The next day Snorre Ruch arrived to work on finishing some of Dead’s lyrics and riffs.  Benedikte looked over each lyric and worked with Attila.  He was a very good vocalist and didn’t need much coaching.  The producer Eirik Hundvin was a nice guy who had worked with Varg and Euronymous before.