Fortunate Accidents- 1

Mum drives me to the Sydney International Airport, we listen to Taylor Swift's album 1989 and sing along.

My mum, Cassidy, is one of the sweetest ladies ever. She cares so much about me and my brother Conner.  Although Conner is at U.N.S.W. (University of New South Wales) he and mum keep regular contact, Skype, text, phone calls. He's an awesome big brother and one who can be easily loved.

"Mum," I say.

"Hmm." She turns down the music and listens.

"I'm gonna miss you, while I'm with Skylar." I say.

The truth is that I will, despite wanting to see my, older by one year, cousin Skylar Richards I really want to stay with mum to keep her company. Then again, like mum had said 'Tailah, if you don't go to this stinkin' Miranda show, you may not get a chance to go again. My advice is that you use your chance Tailah, they don't come very often.'

It sort of seemed like my mum wanted me to go more than I wanted to. What am I kidding, no one wanted to go to this Miranda show more than me. I had been waiting since Christmas when mum gave me the ticket as a present.  Who needs Santa when ya got a Miranda?
"I love you mum." I say.
"Love you too Tai." She says and she smiles and turns the music up just in time for the chorus of 'Shake It Off'.

/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/

"Oh my gosh!" I exclaimed. I was feeling so nervous, I was leaving my mum for a week in a different state and living with my cousin and her family. For a 12 year old girl that was nerve racking!
"You all good Tai?" Mum asks. I smile at her.
"Just a little nervous." I answer honestly. I know with mum I can tell her anything and she always knows what to say and do.
"Don't be, your only going for a week. I'm sure you'll have a bunch of fun with Skylar and her parents." Mum said sympathetically. She definitely wanted me to go, well I guess I was going.

/-/-/-/-//-/-/-/-/

"Love you." I said to mum as I was walking into the security check line. She wouldn't be able to come any further so we had to say goodbye here.
"Love you too Tai. Have fun and be yourself." She smiled and hugged me. She kissed my forehead and hugged me for a little while longer.
As I was walking away I gave her a little wave and wiped away a tear, the tear wasn't that visible to mum but I think she still knew that I was tearing up. She waved back a large grin on her face. I knew she wasn't super happy I was going cause I was going to miss her. I did know that she wanted me to go. I sure was going to miss her.

------

Security check and boarding the plane was quick and surprisingly I was getting really excited. I don't normally get emotional, excited, sad, angry, but I'm going to be meeting the person I've wanted to meet for so long! Colleen Evans, my idol. The person I wish I could be. But I'm not, I'm just a quite, unpopular, ugly 12 year old with a very dull life ahead of her...

A/N
Hi! I promise you this gets better. This was just a draft I did some time ago and I decided to use it. I don't know why!
It does get better so I'd really appreciate it if you do read more! :)

Thanks!
Have an awesome day!
Bye bye

~Hailey