Fortunate Accidents- 29

4 days later
"Shadow!" I call from outside. As I was taking him out to do his business he bolted inside and the lead slipped from my hands.

I ran towards the door and opened it more so I could fit myself through.

Mum was in the kitchen cooking some lunch.

"That way," she said pointing towards the loungeroom. She knew what I was going to ask her before I even got a chance.

"Thanks," I say walked toward the loungeroom.

"Shadow," I laughed. He was curled up on the edge of the couch looking like he was ready to sleep.

His ears perked up when he heard my voice but he laid still.

"I know you're not asleep!" I tell him. He continues to lay there so I walk over and unclip his lead. I sit on the couch and watch some t.v with him.

-----
3 weeks later

I'm nervous. Over the past week or so mum, dad and I decided it would be good for me to go to school. I'm going straight to middle school. It's going to be very different to Grade 7 in Australia but I'm hoping I'll manage okay.

I'm packing my backpack/ book bag, whatever people call it. Mum had given me money last night to buy something to eat and had packed me lunch too.

Back in Australia we brought lunch boxes to school every day and had a canteen where we could buy hot food like pies and sausage rolls.

"Tailah, time to go," I hear dad call from downstairs.

"Coming," I say as I stuff my extra things into my bag and hurry down.

"You excited?" He asked me.

"No not really," I say honestly, "I never really get the grades I want,"

"Why?" He asks.

"Well, on last years report I got A's for only half my classes and one C. A C! That's another word for fail!" I tell him. Some say I'm too hard on myself but I don't agree. I think I need to push myself to achieve better.

"That's better than I got when I was your age!" Dad tries to reassure me.

"Yes. But I'm not you," I say, it came out ruder then it was intended but oh well.

"Hey, no need to be like that," he says.

"Sorry," I say and hurry towards the front door.

Waking up early may be the cause for my bad mood, I've never been a morning person, I don't understand how people can be.

"Love you," dad calls before I shut the door. Mum is driving me to school and then tomorrow I'm catching the bus, at my request. I don't want to trouble them by making them drive me 20 minutes.

"Love you too," I call back and shut the door.

"In the car," mum hurries me. She's sitting in the driver's seat. In Australia we drive on the left side of the road and every now and then I'll get freaked out thinking we're going to drive into on coming traffic.

Connor has been emailing me quite a bit, we email every day or so. He's really busy with his course but wants to see me for my birthday. Which isn't too long from now.

-----

"I'll come pick you up," mum tells me. We've arrived at school and I must say that I do feel a little sick.

"Okay I'll see you later,"

"Bye," I say shutting the car door and walking into the school gates.

God, I hope this goes well...

Hey!
I've been slack and haven't posted for ages so I'm sorry.
The next chapter will be the last and then I'll start the second book for this.