Fortunate Accidents- 15

Josh, Rachel and I have been eating our amazing In-n-Out for nearly half an hour and they were done. I was only half way through. I was always taught to enjoy my food and make it last as long as possible, it's just the way I've lived.

"Jeez girl, that drink will evaporate soon," Rachel laughed, I joined along. She was right, I took forever.

"Well, I'm enjoying it," I said. No, In-n-Out wasn't the healthy choice of food to eat but why not? It tasted pretty alright so it can't be too bad.

"Can you enjoy it a little faster? Colleen will be home soon," Josh was hurrying me. I didn't blame him.

"Okay, I'll try," I said. I would try, I'd just have to hurry the heck up.

"Good," Josh said. He sounded a little mean but I know he didn't mean it.

"I'm gonna call Colleen and see where she is," Rachel said. It was a good idea, we needed 10 minutes minimum to get dressed and fixed up before it would be fully ready.

"Okay," Josh said. He had his vlog camera out and was talking to his dingleberries. I was a dingle berry, well I guess I'm still a dingle berry, it's just a lot different.

While Josh was vlogging and Rachel was talking to Colleen on her phone I decided that I would go to the bathroom. I got up and went in, to my surprise the bathroom/ restroom was much bigger than the one at home, well my old home in Australia.

I came back out of the bathroom to find Josh still vlogging and Rachel standing behind him talking to the camera. I guess they didn't really notice I was gone.

I went to sit down in my previous spot when all of a sudden Josh turned the camera onto me and I froze. What the heck was I meant to do? I had never been in a vlog, let alone a video with my friends, oh wait, that's probably because I don't have any friends. That doesn't matter because I don't need friends!

"Say hi," Josh smiled. I don't think he realised I had stage fright. I mean, I wasn't on a stage or anything but I was still scared.

"Hi!" Rachel nearly yelled and put her arm around my back as though for support.

"So, this is Tailah," Josh told the camera.

"She's my new Bae !" Rachel nearly yelled again. I had never been called someone's Bae.

"Hey," I somehow managed to say calmly. I was still scared, it was like someone was going to jump out of the black lens and grab me.

"So Rachel, Tailah and I are all at In-n-Out eating our lunch," Josh said in his prominent southern accent.

"Yeah, and I need to pee!" Rachel said and winked at the camera. She took her hand off my back and raced to the bathroom.

"Well, as you know already because of Colleen's previous videos, Rachel has a very small bladder, which as you can tell is a curse, not a blessing," I imagined myself sitting behind the computer screen with my old friend at her house and laughing at what Josh said. It was funny, well not funny, just amusing.

"Your thoughts Tailah?" He asked me flipping the camera back around to face me.

I saw Rachel coming back in the corner of my eye and felt a sudden gush of confidence.

"Well, the Bae we've been talking about is headed our way..." I said to the camera. Josh's face looked pleased, somewhat proud.

"I heard you say Bae!" Rachel nearly screamed making an old lady sitting at a table near us almost fall out of her seat. I laughed to myself quietly. Not because I take amusement in old people falling out of their chairs but because she was laughing. it felt only right to join in.

"Josh!" I heard someone yell from the sliding door at the front on In-n-Out.

"Oh my gosh!" I heard Josh say back and get off the chair.

----------

"She'll be here in 1 minute!" Rachel told us, us being Josh, me, Rebecca, Matt Slays, Matt Rachel's boyfriend, Mrs Ballinger, Mr Ballinger, Chris, Jessica, Bailey, Jacob, Parker, Teeny, Simon, McKenzie and Jackson.

"Everybody," Josh yelled, "Places,"

What I haven't told you yet is that we were throwing a surprise party for Colleen. It was her 15th year of her PhyscoSoprano YouTube channel and for a YouTuber 15 years is a long time! It was a Hawaii-based party, everyone was wearing leis and hula skirts.

Of course being a surprise party we all had hiding positions and we were going to jump out and scare her.

Josh's phone rang. I saw his caller ID because he was crouched behind the curtains with me. It had Colleen's face on it.

He swiped across and answered it.

"Hey bae, what's up?" He asked her trying to stay as calm as possible even though he was super excited.

After a few seconds he replied, "In the man cave with Tailah," He smiled at me. I gave him the thumbs up.

He hung up and we waited, Colleen should be walking through the door any second now.

What we forgot is that the mancave had to access points, the main door which we were all hiding near and the back door which everyone had their backs to.

We heard some shifting and figured it was someone that was hiding, next thing we hear,

"Oh my gosh guys!" It was Colleen, she had come through the back door and was standing holding grocery bags and what looked like bags from clothes stores.

"Surprise!" Everyone jumped up and said after realising that we didn't think this through too well.

"15 years of YouTube!" Josh said enthusiastically. She put the bags down and ran across the room to Josh and hugged and kissed him. Once they parted she had a really huge smile on her face and Josh's was equally as big. I smiled too, what can I say. Love hits me like a train when I let it.

Colleen motioned me over for a group hug with her and Josh so reluctantly I got up and went over to hug them. We all hugged and it felt amazing to have their warm arms around me. I felt safe, loved and life was perfect.

We partied and danced and sang, I didn't dance or sing because like I said before, I get frightened in front of people to do things.

I loved living with Josh and Colleen, it was my first day and I already felt like an Evans. I knew I was a Walker but Tailah Evans was starting to sound better...

A/N

Hey!

Happy 4th of July to those Americans out there, by the time this is published it's probably already the 10th or something!

Hope your enjoying the book although it's seems a little boring for me, I'll try upgrade the evant factor of it! :)

Have an awesome day! :)

Bye bye!

~Hailey