Fortunate Accidents- 21

"Well," Colleen said, "Tailah I couldn't be happier," She smiled.

"Yeah, you're the daughter I've always wanted and I'm so lucky that I can be your dad," Josh smiled.

They seemed thrilled that I had said all my jibberish. I was happy too. I think my life was actually becoming pretty awesome.

I smiled. I didn't really know quite the words to say in a situation like this because I had already said how I felt and Colleen and Josh heard.

"So Tailah, let's eat these pancakes!" Colleen said enthusiastically.

"Okay mum," I said. Calling her mum came kind of naturally. I saw her smile then drizzle maple syrup on her pancake.

-----

"Mum," I called. I was used to calling Colleen mum already so I find it normal, Colleen is still getting used to it but as far as I'm concerned she was happy.

"Yeah," She called back. From what I could hear she was in the loungeroom. I was in my room.

I walked downstairs and into the loungeroom, mum and dad were sitting on the couch watching something, I wasn't sure what t.v. show it was.

"Hey Tai," Dad said.

"What's up?" Mum asked.

"Well, I was thinking. Seeing as I'm living here and I know you both pretty well I figured I should get to know your family and friends," I suggested.

"I think that's be a great idea," Mum agreed, "Wanna head over to Rachel's? I can call Becca and Matt and they might come over too,"

"Sure," I said.

"I'll call Matt," Dad said. He took out his phone.

"I'll call Rach," Mum said, "Actually, how bout you call her,"

Mum handed me the phone that was dialling Rachel.

"Hello," Rachel said.

"Hey, it's Tailah," I said holding the phone to my ear.

"What's up T?" She asked. She called me T now I guess. I like it.

"What are you doing in 20 minutes?" I asked her.

"Nothing why?"

"Can Matt, Rebecca, mum, dad and I all come over?" I asked her.

"Sure thing, you decided to call them mum and dad?"

"Yeah, we'll see ya soon," I say.

"Okay T, see ya soon,"

"Bye,"

"Bye," Rach says. She hangs up and I hand the phone back to mum and tell her that Rach said it was all good.

"Matt and Becca are all good with it. We'll meet them at Rachel's," Dad said.

"Alright," Mum says.

I've seen vlogs with Matt and Rebecca but don't really know that much about them.

-----

We pulled up in front of Rach's apartment block.

It was a lot bigger than I had imagined, in Sydney we had massive apartment blocks in the city area and further out there were normal houses. Rachel didn't live in the city area of L.A. so I figured that it would be smaller.

"Coming?" Dad asked. Mum and dad had gotten out of the car and were looking through the backseat window at me.

"Yeah," I say and undo my seatbelt. We walk up the six million flights of stairs and arrive at Rach's apartment. Mum knocks on the door and dad and I wait behind her.

The door swings back and Rachel's face appears.

"Sup sis, Josh, T?" Rach asked.

"Nice to see you too Rachel," Josh replied.

"Hey," Colleen said giving Rach a hug.

"What about me?" I joke. Rach gives me a hug and we forward inside.

A man walks out from around the kitchen island. I don't know who he is.

"T, this is Matt. My boyfriend," Rach said after she noticed the blank expression on my face when I was looking at him.

"Nice to meet you," Matt said sticking out his arm so I could shake his hand.

"You too," I said giving him a high five instead.

"Just like you Rach," He said smiling.

"Didn't I tell you we were twins?" Rach joked.

"Obviously not," Matt said continuing the joke.

"Becca and Matt should be here soon," Josh said.

"Good, you excited to meet them Tai?" Colleen asked.

"Yeah, I wanna know who dad's always makin' fun of," I laughed.

"Um excuse me! I do not make fun of them," Josh said.

Colleen and I looked at him.

"That much!" Josh continued.

We all laughed, I loved being with my family. I wonder how mum and Connor are going?

"Knock knock," I heard a female voice said as she knocked on the door. Josh went and opened it.

"Sup Slays," I heard Josh say.

"Nothing much," I heard 'Slays' reply.

"Come on in," Josh said, "I don't think you've met Tai properly yet,"

"Rebecca, Matt. This is Tailah," Colleen said as they walked into the living room...

A/N

Hey!

Now, Tailah still calls Colleen and Josh, mum and dad, but I find it easier to write their names. When she's speaking to them she calls them mum and dad.

Should I start another Joshleen fan fic after this one's nearing it's end. I'm intending around 35 chapters for this one so I'm already past half way.

I do want to make a sequel for this book with more of Colleen, Josh and Tailah and maybe a few more little yet big additions. You'll have to wait and see.

Have an awesome day and be sure to comment your opinions on this chapter! :)

Bye bye!

~Hailey

P.S. incase you didn't realise I have a whole 'outro' thing going on here! ;)