Fortunate Accidents- 7

I had been watching Netflix since 10AM and it is now 3PM. My eyes are literally shutting. I close the laptop lid and slouch on my bed.

I look at Colleen's phone. Skylar has a phone like this. I believe it's called an iPhone 5c or s or p or something.

The phone chimed. A picture of Joshua came up on the screen. I swiped to the left and held the phone to my ear.

"Hello." I heard him say.

"Hi," I said back.

"How's Netflix going for ya?" He asked.

"Good. I'm super tired now, though. I think I'm gonna rest for a bit." I say honestly.

"Okay then." He says.

"Okay bye," I say.

"Tailah wait. Can you do something for me?" He asked.

"Yeah sure," I say.

"Can you look outside?" He asks.

"Why would I want to look..." I stood up and walked to the window. I looked down onto the busy street and saw Josh there holding a large bag. '

"Surprise!" He says.

"What are you doing?" I laugh.

"I'm coming to see you." He says an obvious tone in his voice.

"Haha, very funny Josh," I say.

"Are you going to invite me up?" He asks.

"You're automatically invited!" I say snobbily.

"I'll be there in less than a minute." He says.

"One, two, three..." I start counting.

"I'm coming! I'm running." I see him walk briskly inside the hospital doors. I was on the fourth floor so I was going to be surprised if he could make it to my room in less than a minute.

We were still on the phone, "Twenty-one, twenty-two, twenty-three." I say still counting.

The door swung open at fifty-seven seconds.

"Nice job," I say, "Fifty-seven."

"Not bad at all. I wasn't sure if my old legs would be able to carry me up those stairs." He said between puffs.

"You used the stairs?" I'm surprised. Thirty-two-year-old Joshua Evans had just run up four flights of stairs in less than a minute.

"Yeah." He said as though he does it everyday.

"Alright then." I say, "What have you got in that bag?" I ask.

"The one and only McDonalds." He says.

"I've never had McDonalds," I say. Mum and I didn't have the money for it and she said it was no good for me.

"Haha, very funny." He says thinking I was joking.

"I'm not kidding. I've never had it." I say again.

"Seriously?" He questions.

"Seriously," I confirm.

"Well, there's a first time for everything I suppose." He puts the bag of McDonalds on the table next to my bed. I get out of my bed and sit in one of the three chairs surrounding the table.

Josh laid out two burgers, chips and two drinks.

"I've got a McChicken burger, Bug Mac, chips, a Fanta and a Coke. What do you want?" He asked.

"Whatever you don't want," I say. I have had a Fanta once when I was at Skylar's. I liked it, it was a lot different to juice and stuff.

"Okay then. I figured you'd want the chicken burger and Fanta." He said.

"Sure," I say gratefully because I don't want to sound like a brat.

/---/---/---/---/---/

"That was delicious," I say after we had finished watching Netflix and eating McDonalds.

"Glad you liked it. I think the show is pretty good." He was talking about Colleen's show. It was amazing, I absolutely loved it.

Colleen's phone rang. I looked at Josh as if to say 'you answer it'.

"Answer it. Colleen gave it to you for a reason," he smiled.

I picked up the phone and swiped left.

"Hello," I say.

"Tailah. Is Josh there?" A voice that sounded like Matt Slays said.

"He sure is. Wait, why didn't you just call his cell?" I ask.

"Because I don't want to talk to him, I want to talk to you. Tell him to go out of the room," Matt said.

"Josh," I say, "Can you pop out for a bit?"

"Um, sure," He hesitates. He gets up and walks out.

"He's out," I say.

"Okay, hold on one sec," Matt said.

"Hey," A different voice says, "is Josh annoying you already?" Colleen asked.

"No way! We're havin' an awesome time. Your show is freakin' amazing!" I say.

"Okay good. Just chill okay. Maybe try to get some rest. We'll be by late to say hi." She said.

"Okay," I say.

"Okay. Bye Tai" She called me Tai! That's awesome.

"Okay bye Colleen." I say.

"Hey, we're on a nickname basis!" She whisper yells.

"Well I'm sorry!" I joke, "Bye Col." I say.

"Much better,"

She hangs up. I close the laptop lid and get onto my bed. I fall asleep in like, a minute and have a really crazy dream.

I opened my eyes and everyone was there. Matt, Rebecca, Rachel, Matt ( Rachel's boyfriend) and Colleen and Josh. They were all around my bed, looking over me with funny and crazy faces. I laugh.

Then I realise it's not a dream. They are all standing around my bed.

"Colleen!" I exclaim. I'm so happy and nervous at the same time.

"Surprise," She says.

"Hey!" Rachel says in her up beat tone.

"Hi," I say speechless.

"How are ya?" Rebecca asks.

"I'm amazed that your all here!" I say.

"Well, we're glad to be here," Matt (her husband) says.

"I just, I" I couldn't get any words out.

Knock knock I hear. It was the nurse.

"May I speak to you Miss Walker?" She asks.

"Sure thing," Colleen and the others go to leave.

'Hold up, I'm walking out. Your all staying," I tell them. It's much easier if I just walk out.

"Miss Walker," the nurse says.

"Yeah," I say.

"I'm afraid something has happened. It's your mother...

A/N

Hey! How's the book for you so far?

Thankyou for reading it really does mean a lot! :)

Have a good day!

Bye!

~Hailey