Fortunate Accidents- 10

It's been three days since I first came to live with the hippies. They were awful. I was forced to do all the house work, clean all the 5 bedrooms yet I had to sleep on the couch in the attic. So... Yeah, I've been having a great time!
"Tailah!" Yelled Nasha.
"Yes, madam," I say.
"Get your tiny little butt down here and water my garden!" She screamed. She also made me water her garden, just another job to add to the chore list.
"Coming," I say, there was really nothing else I could do.
After I had finished watering her garden I had come inside and made her lunch. I made her a chicken caesar salad wrap and a fruit smoothie and I had a peanut butter sandwich.
I heard a knock at the door, Nasha got up and answered it. I couldn't see who it was but I heard Nasha invite them in and lead them to the loungeroom.
"Take her away?" I heard Nasha question.
"Okay then, I shall fetch her," I heard her say a few seconds later.
"Tailah, go pack your things, your leaving." She said. A smile spread across my face and I felt super happy. I was sick of living here, it sucked. I ran upstairs packed my very little things and ran back downstairs.
When I had first moved in, Nasha and Garretson and looked through my belongings and taken my expensive jewellery, like my diamond earrings, necklace and ring. It was a signet ring with a blue heart that mum had given me for my 12th birthday. I really loved it.
"Ready to go?" I walked into the loungeroom and saw the foster care last smiling at me.
"We've found someone to adopt you," she beams.
"Okay," I say. I really hope they're better than these hippies.
"Anything you need before we go?" She asked. Hmm, maybe.
"My signet ring. It's silver with a blue diamond heart on it." I said.
Nasha looked at her hand, she was wearing it. She took it off and walked out of the room. She walked back in.
"I found it." She said as though she had just found it and hadn't been wearing it. What a bum!
"Okay ready now?" Asked the foster care lady after Nasha handed me my ring.
"Yep," I said and with that, I grabbed my duffel bag and walked out the door of this horrid house. Never to be seen again! Well, hopefully.
"So, who adopted me?" I asked.
"A lovely young couple." She said.
Why would they want me? A shy girl who is weird and wacky and crazy! They probably just felt sorry for me. Well, I don't need no one feeling sorry for me! I can manage on my own without being pressured to feel the way people think I should.
"Okay," I say.

"Let's get going, we'll be meeting them at a cafe down the road," she said. What sort of new 'family' first meet at a cafe? It seems a little odd to me but I'm pretty okay with it.

"Okay," I say. We got into her car and I had my duffel bag in the backseat with me. I still can't believe a 12-year-old girl first, loses her dad to cancer, lives on minimum wage with her mum, flys to Melbourne to be with her cousin, almost dies in a car crash, is in hospital, her mum gets put in jail, she lives with a crappy foster family then suddenly gets adopted. I didn't feel bad for myself, if I did then I would be selfish, and I do not want to be a selfish brat like other children. I wanted to be me, but now a days I'm not too sure who I actually am. It's all confusing and to find out who I am, well I don't know if it's possible.

We had driven for about 10 minutes. The foster care lady pulled over outside of a cafe called 'The Coffee Club' and she stopped the car and looked over at me with a forced smile.

"Are you excited?" She asked.

"I don't know," I said.

"Well, I can assure you they are very nice," She said before her cell phone binged. She looked at it and then looked back up with an annoyed face.

"What's wrong?" I ask. Normally I couldn't care less what's wrong but right now I do care because the next five minutes affects my whole future.

"Well, your new parents are stuck in traffic so the woman's sister will meet us here," She said as nicely as she could but I could tell she most definitely was not happy at all. I guess having a crappy job like hers makes you crabby on the inside.

"Okay," I said.

Rachel's P.O.V.

I was watching football with Matt when Colleen texted me.

(R is Rachel, C is Colleen)\

C: I need a favour...

R: Yep

C: Can you go to the cafe down the street, the coffee club one

R: Yeah, what's up?

C: Josh and I are caught in traffic and won't be able to make it on time...

R: Of course sis :)

C: Thanks Rach! :)

R: No problem

Tailah's P.O.V.

We had been sitting at a table in the cafe for a few minutes when I saw a lady with brown hair walk over to us.

"HI," she said. A familiar voice, it was Rachel! Rachel Ballinger!

"H-hi," I stuttered.

Hold up, if this is my new parents sister that means that Colleen and Josh adopted me. Or it could have been Christopher and Jessica. I didn't care, Rachel is my new aunty! This is freaking unreal!

"So, Colleen and Josh are caught in traffic, they'll be here soon," She said.

"Awesome," I say. I was smiling, I couldn't stop! I was really going to live my dream, the dream that I deemed impossible!

A/N

Hey!

Liking the book so far, well I hope so!

Follow my Instagram, @hailz_2004 and @joshleen.edits_

Have a good night or day! :)

Comment what you think will happen next!

Today is 26.06.16, incase your wondering, this book is pre-written!