Fortunate Accidents- 28

I hear dad's car pull up outside. I jump off the couch and nearly fall over as I do so. Mum gets of the couch normally, she's not eager to find out what the surprise is I guess.

I see dad get out of his car holding a large brown box. The top of it is open but I can't see in from the porch where I'm standing.

"What is it?" I ask.

"It's a surprise," he teases. I half growl angrily. I hate surprises so much. It annoys me to no end.

"Hey," mum says kissing him. I'm totally used to it now, they kiss all the time.

"Hi," dad says breaking the kiss. Mum peers into the top of the box and smiles, somewhat pleased with dad.

"Get a room!" I joke.

"It's my house," dad says walking inside. I follow him quickly. Mum shuts the door and goes into the kitchen. What a bum, she knows what the surprise is and won't tell me!

Dad shuts his bedroom door just before I can go in. In defeat I go downstairs and sit in the living room. I guess the surprise isn't ready.

"Tailah! Your room is getting messy," dad calls from upstairs.

"It's fine," I call back.

"Tailah Evans, your room," dad calls more sternly. I cleaned it two days ago, I don't understand how it could possibly be messy.

I opened the door to my bedroom to see it totally clean, as I had left it.

"It's fine!" I say annoyed. I see movement behind my wardrobe door so walk closer to it. I pull the door towards me to see what was behind it.

Nothing much. Just a brown, black and white puppy chewing at my Nike sneakers.

I gasped because no words could explain the excitement and joy I was feeling.

"Like him?" Dad asked me.

"More than anything!" I exclaimed. He was gorgeous. I knelt down and picked him up in my arms. He was shivering and nestling into my chest.

"Whatch ya gonna name him?" Dad asked.

"Hmm... Shadow!" I said. He suits Shadow perfectly because the darker colours contour the lighter creating a somewhat shadow effect.

"Is he really mind?" I asked astonished.

"No. He belongs to Chris and Jess," dad said.

"Oh," I say upset.

"I'm kidding! Chill your berries!" Dad laughed. I didn't think it was very funny. I thought it was quite mean to be honest.

"I love you Shadow!" I tell him as he nestled into my chest more. He's so sweet!

A/N
Hey! Sorry it's so small. I'm ready to finish this book now. It's just annoying me. I don't know why you guys waste your time on me!
I'm gonna keep focusing on BAB and a new one I'm working on!

Tell me what you prefer:

1. Regular updates of Becoming A Ballinger

2. A new story- storyline below

Mary-Jane is a 10 year old girl. Innocent, quiet. She doesn't realise a walk to the park can end in such craziness.
"I'm more of an adult than you'll ever be!" She screams at her mother.
"Go to your room young lady!" She retaliates.
"I'm leaving! Goodbye!" Mary-Jane said sassily as she slammed the front door behind her.
(Colleen Fan Fiction)

Comment below what ya want!

ALSO! THANKYOU SO MUCH FOR 1K READS, IM BEYOND HAPPY!!!