Fortunate Accidents- 24

3 WEEKS LATER.

The smell of burnt toast and rotten eggs filled my very large yet cosy room. The awful smell could mean only one thing.

Dad was cooking, well attempting to cook.

I pulled back my comforter and rolled out of bed, literally, and hit the floor. It didn't make a very loud noise but it did hurt my knees.

I walked sluggishly down the stairs nearly tripping on everyone. The smell grew even worse the closer I got to the kitchen. When I turned into the open plan living area, I saw dad cooking something in the oven. Whatever it was I knew it surely wasn't alive now.

"What ya making?" I asked him. I startled him a little.

"Poptarts," He tells me.

"In the oven?" I question.

"Yeah," He responds as if it's common knowledge.

"You're meant to toast them in the toaster, or at least that's how mum showed me to," I turn off the oven and grab some oven mitts to pull out the tray with 4 pop tarts on it.

"Oh," Dad says.

-----

It's been a month or so since I've come to live with Colleen and Josh. It's amazing. I feel like I've lived with them for ages. I really do love them and I know they love me.

Dad was cooking breakfast this morning because mum is at Rach's. She stayed overnight to finalise some songs and picture slideshows for Friday when she starts up a tour again. She told dad and I that she'd been wanting to do another tour for a while now but has been so caught up with editing Haters Back Off that she didn't think she'd have time. Whilst mum's on tour I'll be staying at home with dad. We didn't really talk about where I'd be going but I figured that's the obvious option.

"Tai," Dad calls from downstairs snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah," I yelled back. I could have just walked down the stairs but that means I would have had to leave my comfy blue and purple bean bag.

"Come here,"

Well that ruined my plans. I guess my warm, comfortable, reasonably good looking bean bag will have to be alone for a few minutes.

"Yeah," I ask once I'm down the stairs and in the lounge room where Dad has his phone in his hand.

"Colleen just called. Guess what!" He exclaimed.

"What?" I asked eagerly. I want to know straight away what he's going to say.

"Oh, wait. Colleen said she wants to tell you," he smirked. What a butt head! What sort of person tells someone they have a surprise then doesn't actually tell them the surprise? That's just cruelty!

"Are you serious!" I rage, just a little anger shows in my voice though. I guess you could say I'm just great at hiding my emotions. Well, at least I used to be. Now they just sort of flow out.

"Very," He seemed to be enjoying this more than he should.

"Come on dad! Just tell me, can I call mum?" I asked desperately. I really needed to know.

"Yeah okay," he said.

"Here," he hands the phone to me. I thought he was going to tell me, obviously not!

I take the phone from his hand and hold it to my ear. Did I mention that dad's phone case is now a picture of him, mum and I at Grandma (Gwen) and Grampa (Tim)'s house for Bailey's 6th birthday. It was all of us hugging and smiling, Mum on my right and dad on my left. I had an awesome time that day.

"Hello," I said into the phone.

"Hey Tai," A voice that sounded like Rebecca said.

"Hi," I say not wanted to say Rebecca because it may not be.

"It's Rebecca," she said.

"I figured but wasn't 100% sure," I laughed.

"So, Josh told you about the tour?" Rebecca asked.

"Yeah, but he won't tell me much," I say.

"Okay well your mum has a massive surprise for you," she tells me. It's from mum so the surprise is gonna be awesome.

"What is it?" I ask eager to now right now.

"Josh will meet us with you at the place," she says. What place?

"Huh?" I ask confused.

"Just put Josh back on," she said. Not in a mean or rude tone, in a playful, happy tone.

"Oakie, dokie!" I say.

I hand the phone to dad and stare at him to see if maybe he'll give me a hint as to what the surprise is.

"Come on let's go," dad said after hanging up the phone and grabbing his car keys.

"Where are we going?" I asked him.

"You'll see," he told me.

We drive for around half an hour and we then stop on the side of a rural road.

"Are we lost?" I asked. It doesn't look like we were in a very populated area, not that I cared of course.

"No, we're in the perfect spot," dad told me.

"Okay then," I say. I can't see any other car, person or even animal.

Then I see it. The one thing that can make me feel this way. The one thing that makes me feel free. The one thing I can love with all my heart more than anything else. The one thing is none other than...

A/N
Hey!
I know how much you all love cliffhangers so there you all go!
I have a sequel for this book that I haven't started writing yet but have a draft of. Wow, I'm confusing myself!
It's called Joshleen: Fortunate Outcomes
I wanted to stick to the same sort of name and of this book and if the sequel is popular amongst you all then I may even do a whatever you call a third book.
Have an awesome day!
P.S. I wrote this on my iPad so sorry if there's any mistakes which there proabably is!

Bye bye!

~Hailey