Fortunate Accidents- 27

"Tailah! Tai, wake up!" I heard Dad screaming. I left my eyes closed as I was super tired. I felt my pulse quicken. I opened my eyes to my room filled with thick grey smoke. I could see the hall light through the smoke and climbed out of bed. I ran into the hall in my blue unicorn onesie and ran into mum and dad's room.

"Mum! Dad!" I yelled. I could tell there was a fire but I didn't know where it was coming from. I ran over to mum and dad's bed to see neither of them lying in it. Where in the world were they?

I ran into their bathroom in hopes I'd find either of them. Nothing. They were nowhere!

"Mum! Dad! Where are you?" I continued to call again and again. I was scared. So scared. More scared then I'd really ever been!

I ran downstairs into the kitchen, living room and laundry and I couldn't see mum or dad. I looked out the front window and saw that there were multiple people out in the street so maybe mum and dad would be out there.

I opened the front door and walked out towards all the people. I went to the closest person I saw, a lady, around 60 or so years old.

"Have you seen a man and a woman come out of that house?" I asked pointing towards our house.

"Sorry sweetie. You're the only one I've seen come out of that house," She said. This meant mum and dad didn't come out! That means they're still there. There was only one place I didn't look. The Man Cave.

I turned and ran. Faster then my legs had ever run before. I raced to the Man Cave and swung open the door. I looked all through it, even in the cupboards. I called for them repeatitively. No answer.

I walk out of the Man Cave and stare helplessly at the ground.

"Tailah!" I hear someone say softly.

"Tailah! Wake up," I hear them continue.

I open my eyes to see mum standing over me. Thank god it was just a nightmare, if it had of happened in real life I think I would have been all over the place and crazy.

"What time is it?" I moan.

"9. We have to go at 10:30," mum explains.

"Okay," I say and she kisses my forehead and walk out. I roll out of bed again, literally, and trudge over to my walk in closet. I grab a t-shirt and a pair of denim shorts that I probably wear too often. I put them on and go downstairs. I sit on the couch and stare at the tv. I have no idea what's on but I continue to watch it anyway.

"Want some breakfast?" Mum asks me. I nod and smile at her. She smiles back and I watch more tv.

-----

"Where are we going anyway?" I ask as we get in the car. Mum tries to hide her smile but I see it behind her straight face.

"You'll see," she responds.

"That's not a proper answer," I protest.

"Well I'm the adult here and what I say goes," she jokes.

"And I'm the child and what I want happens," I joke.

"It's a surprise,"

"I hate surprises. They stress me out to the max and are normally really boring and lame," I say. I've never had great surprises before, I'm used to surprises of bad grades or a school test.

"I'm sorry about that," mum says, she sounds genuinely sad.

"Where's dad?" I asked, he wasn't home this morning and I didn't really think much of it.

"He did some errands and is meeting us," she says.

"What sort of errands?" I ask.

"Groceries, other stuff,"

"Other stuff?" I question.

"It's a surprise," Colleen tells me.

I suppose I'll just have to wait. I'm not a patient person. At all. This is going to be fun...

A/N
Hey! mickaylla-lee here's the update you've been praying for! 😊
Short chapter! You're welcome.
So, I've been focusing on Becoming A Ballinger lately so I haven't had much time to write this one so ill try keep up for y'all!
I hope you go check it out and tell me what ya think of it.

Have an awesome day!

~Hailey