Fortunate Accidents- 9

It's Monday, the day I get put in foster care. Colleen and Josh had visited me again yesterday but haven't come and seen me at all today. I don't blame them, I don't know why they had kept coming to see me in the first place. If I was them I'd be on the next plane to L.A. and forget all about me.I was a nobody. I am a nobody.

"Miss Walker," the nurse said knocking on my door.

"Mhm," I say.

"There is someone here to see you," She says.

A lady with yellowy blonde hair steps into the room. She's wearing a red and white sweater and leggings.

"Hi, I'm Mari Jones, your case worker," She says all professionally.

"You don't look very professional." I blurt under my breath.

"Pardon?" She questions.

"I asked if you would like a glass of water," I cover up. She smiles and sits down, I think she bought it.

"No thank you," she says, "I've just had lunch."

"Okay then," I say sitting down oppisite her.

I felt her blue eyes bore into me, is she trying to find my inner most thoughts or something? All I know is that it was uncomfortable and pretty weird.

"So, as you know, you havw been placed in our foster care prgram," She starts smiling as though it's my birthday. It's not, today is a day I've been preparing for. I don't want to change anything! I'd live in this hospital if it meant I got to see my friends everyday. Yes, I'm talking about Colleen and Josh, we've got a sort of bond and they are so sweet to me. Sadly, they never came today. But I can't expect them to drop everything for me! That would be plain slefish and I don't want that.

"So do you know who I'm going to live with yet or doesn no one want to take in a twelve year old?" I ask sacastically. Honestly, I don't know why I'm talking so much, I never talk or ramble as much as I'm doing now! I'm changing, I don't like it!

"Well, we have two families looking to foster you," she says joyfully. Great! I'm all ready to be shipped off to a wacko family I've never met!

"Okay," I agree.

"Well, we have chosen already. You will be living with...

Meanwhile...

"I'm so glad that stupid woman is finally locked up," She laughed.

"Yeah, her daughter needs to pay for what she has done!" He agrees.

"Mum, dad. What are you talking about?" Their daughter asks.

"Nothing sweety, just some adult things," They say.

"I'm not three, just tell me!" She pleads.

"You need to sware not to tell a soul!" He says.

"Cross my heart hope to die," She says.

"Okay... We locked her up. Cassidy Walker and her daughter will be bothering us no more! She's in jail, we got rid of her. Now Tailah is either going in a group home or foster care or something like that!" He laughs, proud of himself.

"Oh my god! How could you do that? They've done nothing to us and your locking Cassidy away?" She screams.

"It's not that big a deal, besides, she deserved everything she got!" He laughed.

With Colleen...

"Josh, we're going to be late," I say.

"I'm comin, just hold on," Josh rushes.

"Well if don't hurry it'll be too late!" I tell him.

I can't believe he's treating this as a soft subject. It's important and if he's not ready soon I'lll leave without him!

"Okay let's go," he gets in the car.

"About time," I say starting up the car and driving out of the carpark below the theatre. I just really don't want to be late, it's really important and I would let myself down if I missed it...

Tailah's P.O.V.
"Okay, your new foster parents will be here to pick you up anytime now," The foster worker lady says. We had been talking for like an hour and she just wanted to know a bunch of personal stuff I would never tell a stranger. She also talked about a whole bunch of crap and nonsense. But if I was her, that's all I'd probably know.
"Okay," I say. I don't really care who I go live with.
"Would you like some information about them?" She asks.
"Sure," I say, to be honest why not?
"Okay well, there is a man and woman, they have 3 other children, all their own and are a dedicated Christian family," she smiled. I had never met a Christian, all I knew is that they believed in God and Jesus.
"Okay, will I like, have to go to church?" I ask.
"Yes, every Sunday from 9 til 11," she smiles as though I had really wanted to go.
"Okay," I say.
I hear a knock at the door, the foster care organiser lady gets up and answers the door. When she opens it I see two woman walk through the door. To my greatest delite I realise they're both actually boys with long hair and baggy pants that look like dresses. Then three girls came in. As far as I was concerned they looked like hippies, who was I to judge though? I was going to be living with them until Connor came out of uni.
"Why hello young lady," the taller man said.
"Hi," I say barely. I guess you could call me shy, Not that it's not obvious.
"We are delighted to be welcoming you to our humble home," the older lady said.
"My name is Garretson," the older man said.
"I'm Nasha," the older lady said. The other boy as called Donald, the youngest daughter was called Muimia (pronounced Mu-im-i-ah) and the youngest girl called Ukilack (pronounced u-kil-a-ck)They were they're names, I'm not kidding, I'm being very serious.
"Tailah," I say.
"I know," she retaliates.
"Sorry," I feel as though that's what I should say.
"Good," says Garretson.
"What you like me to address you as?" I ask.
"Well it's pretty obvious isn't it," says Nasha.
"Okay Nasha," I say.
"Excuse you! How dare you call me by my first name! You will address me as madam. Your such a clueless child," she says.
The foster care lady had already walked out of the room so she heard none of what they were saying.
"How are you getting along?" The foster care lady asked walking back in.
"Wonderfully," Nasha, no sorry, madam lied.
"Brilliant," says the foster care lady.
"May we take our new daughter home now?" She asked.
Please say no, please say no, please say no.
"Absolutely," smiles the foster care lady. What the hay! She was going to let me live with hippie Christians who scare the begeebers out of me? I could already tell she was super responsible.
Here goes the worst car trip back home, yay...

A/N
Hey! Enjoyed the chapter? I hope so.
So as you probably know, this is all pre written. It's Wednesday 22nd June tonight and I'm actually going to bed soon.
Hope you all have a lovely whatever time it is and be awesome!
I challenge you to say 3 compliments to 5 different people today! But really mean them! 😊
Bye!
~Hailey