Fortunate Accidents- 2

I was in the air, half way into my 3-hour flight from Sydney to Melbourne. I was excited and nervous at the same time. I wanted to go with my mum but that obviously wasn't going to happen! Suck it up! I tell myself, there are people that don't have the opportunity to even go on a plane. Although I felt a little anxious, maybe it's because I've never caught a plane before. Oh well, I had an hour and a bit to go so I may as well listen to music. I put on some Taylor Swift and am very tempted to dance and sing like mum and I used to do when I was younger but I hold myself back. I don't wanna look like an idiot.

---/---/---/
I was using a pay phone in the baggage or something area of the airport.
"Oh my gosh!" I say to mum explaining what I saw.
"What? What's wrong?" She asks concerned.
"Nothing! It's just so... Big." I say struggling to find a word that suits how I feel.
"Oh, you had me worried for a moment there," Mum says. I can hear a lot of background noise.
"Are you at a party or something?" I ask.
"No, I'm just walking out of the airport. I didn't want to leave until you called and told me you landed safely." I can tell she was smiling.
"Mum, you didn't need to do that," I say, I love her so much. She's all I could ever ask for as a mum, someone to care for me, love me and always want to make me as safe as possible. For me, that's everything my mum was.
"Well, I'm getting in my car now. I'll have to hang up. No use getting booked." She laughed.
"Yeah, love you," I say.
"Love you too Tai." She says and hangs up.

/---/---/---/---/
I'm at Skylar's house. She and I are like sisters, even though I've always wanted a sister my dad died of brain cancer when I was 2 and my mum hasn't moved on. I know it's because she still has a heart only for him, and I love that about her. She would never love someone else more than dad, Conner and I.
"Tailah!" My aunt Christina calls as she runs to me and swoops me in a big hug.
"Hey, Aunt Chris." I hug her back.
"So how have you been? How's Cassidy?" Aunt Chris asked even though she didn't really care. She never liked mum and I. She does what she does for show.
"Mum's good. Conner's at Uni and in his 3rd year." I smile proudly. Conner's studying to be an engineer and hopefully own his own automobile repair shop.
"Conner? He's in Uni?" Aunt Chris asked.
"Yeah, he wants to be an engineer, he graduates next July," I say. She obviously doesn't know anything. I know that we've told her countless times about Conner at Uni and she doesn't really care. Oh well, I guess not everyone is as great as mum.
"Oh good for him." She says.
"Yeah," I say as Aunt Chris walks out of the guest room where I'm sleeping and into the kitchen to make lunch.
"Hey," Sky says as she comes into the room. "Mum's making some burgers for lunch so she'll be a little while. What do you want to do?" She asks. Skylar actually does love me, despite her parents' opinion of my family.
"Dunno." I lie. What I really want to do is go walk her dog, pet her cats, hold her bunny. But I'm not gonna tell her that. I don't want to sound lame.
"Wanna go see Daisy?" She asks.
"Yes!" I say. Daisy is her next door neighbour and her mum Danielle is awesome. Daisy is in Sky and I's year and is super sweet and kind.
"Mum," Sky calls.
"Yeah." Aunt Chris yells back.
"We're going to go see Daisy. We'll be back for lunch." Sky says and we walk out the door.

/---/---/---/---/---/

"Skylar! Tailah!" Daisy screams running us and nearly knocking me over with her hug.
"Hey, nice to see you again too." I laugh.
"I've missed you." She says.
"Me too."
"Are you going to the Miranda show on Thursday?" Sky asked Daisy.
"Yeah of course I am! Tai called me and told me she was coming to stay with you to go to the Miranda show so I needed to go to!" Daisy smiled. She always did what would make others happy. And she was rich! Completely and utterly rich! Although she was rich you wouldn't know until you came into her house. She's a genuinely sweet person. She wore average clothes like everyone else and was never bragging about her money or that she had a horse, Prince.
"How's Prince," I ask. I rode Prince last time I had come to Melbourne with mum and Connor. Daisy said she had heaps of fun teaching me.
"He's awesome. Wanna say hi to him? Maybe go for a ride?" She asked.
"Heck yeah!" I say.
"Hey girls," Danielle says walking down the stairs.
"Hey Danielle," I smile and hug her.
"Can we go for a quick ride on Prince?" Daisy asks her mum.
"Sure thing," Danielle says.
"Thanks, mum," Daisy says.
We walk outside to the 4 stall barn. Daisy's family owned 124 acres and 4 horses, Prince, Swallow, Marmelade and Indigo.
We saddled up Prince and went for a ride. Sky was scared of horses so stayed to the edge of the fence. I rode in the round pen, coached by Daisy of course, and rode for 20 minutes.
"We better head home," Sky says looking at her watch.
"Okay," Daisy says and helps untack Prince and walked us to the front door.
"Thanks a bunch Daisy," I say.
"No problem," Daisy said.
"See ya," I say.
"Bye," Skylar says.
"Bye," Daisy smiles.
Skylar and I walk back to her house. Aunt Chris is done making the burgers so we sit and eat them.

A/N
Sorry guys but I find it easier to tell you some of the back story before we get into it.
In the next chapter, they're on their way to the Miranda show so stay tuned for that! 😊
I hope you enjoyed the chapter and Tailah.
For those of you who don't know what Uni is, it's college. In Australia, we call it a university.
This is the longest chapter I have ever written! 1000 words excluding the A/N!

Bye, and have an awesome day! 😊

~Hailey