Fortunate Accidents- 14

I looked inside the paper bag to see a note. A note on plain white paper with Colleen's name in cursive. I unfolded the letter and started to read it...

Colleen,

As you know we aren't well. We wish we were but we can't change fate. Sometimes life gives you crazy obstacles that it knows you can't overcome. This is one of them. Remember to be positive, loving and care for others. You and Josh have got a good thing going, whether you like it or not we will be leaving soon. We'll miss you and we know you'll miss us but things happen my baby, for better and for worse. We love you so so much and wish you all the good things life offers.

Love always,

Grandma & Grandpa

The note was from Colleen's grandparents. In some of her videos it had said about her grandparents, her grandpa in particular who she missed a lot. But why had she kept this letter? It's a little strange. I went to put the letter back in the bag when I felt something else in there. I reached in and pulled it out. It was a golden heart locket with 'C' engraved on it. 

"Tailah, you need help?" I heard Josh call from the living room. Darn, I forgot I was getting the supplies.  I put the locket and note back in the bag and behind the boots. Josh and I were doing something cool, well, I think it's going to be cool.

"Uh, sure," I said. Some extra hands will be helpful. 

Josh came into the room and helped me grab the decorations.

"Rach is coming in 5," He told me. I loved Rachel, she was so chill and positive. She was an awesome person to be around. 

"Okay, let's do this," I said. I was really excited. 

"So, we'll put this here, and here, you put this on," Josh was moving stuff around and handing me decorations. Yes, we were decorating the man cave for something, something special.

After an hour we were finished. Rachel had helped a lot and now we had time to do other things. Josh decided that we'd go out for lunch considering it was only 1PM and Colleen wasn't expected back for at least two hours. 

"Rach, you wanna head to lunch with us?" Josh asked Rachel. I really really liked Rachel. Like I've said before, she made me happy. So did Colleen and Josh of course, it just felt a little different with Rachel, like I was a different me, I liked that me though.

"I sure do," She smiled. I just loved the way Rachel formed her sentences, she was so, what does Joshua say? Chill! I loved it. She was just so awesome!

We drove for around 5 or so minutes before we pulled up at In-n-Out which I guess is like McDonalds or Hungry Jacks (Hungry Jacks is the Aussie Taco Bell and stuff)

"Is this like Hungry Jacks?" I asked Josh without really thinking. Of course, he wouldn't have a clue what I was talking about.

"Yeah I guess so," He replied. Maybe he was lying or actually did know what Hungry Jacks was. 

"Cool," I said getting out of the car with Josh. I had sat in the back, I felt safer there. I didn't particularly want to end up like Rhonda...

"Hey," Rachel said just before Josh and I had walked in the door. 

"Hey," I said back. I smiled. For the second time since I'd come to know the amazing Colleen and Josh, I smiled. The first time was when I first met them of course, who couldn't be completely thrilled that your idols, the people you most look up to, have adopted you and you're now living in L.A., California, U.S.A. It was incredible.

"So, what do you want?" Josh asked Rachel and I. He was about to get up from the booth Rachel and I were sitting in, to go order our food. The only thing was that I had never been to In-n-Out so I had no clue what they even offered.

"Uh..." I mumbled. I was feeling a little awkward. 

Rachel picked up on the fact that I was completely lost.

"We'll have whatever you're getting," Rachel said winking slightly to Josh to let him know I didn't have a clue what I wanted. 

"Chicken burger, fries and Fanta?" Josh asked me, it's the same thing I got in the hospital when he and Colleen visited me. 

"Yep," I said trying my hardest to sound enthusiastic. I was happy, Josh made me happy, in a non-creepy way.

"Alright then, same for you Rach?" He asked.

"Sure thing," She said. Josh went and ordered food while Rachel and I talked about her YouTube and stuff. 

"So, you think you wanna get some social media accounts?" She asked me. I'd never had social media, only ever YouTube but not an account, I just watched it all at my friend's house. 

"I've never had social media and didn't really have any time for it before, so I'm not sure what it's like," I say honestly.

"Well, it's pretty awesome. I enjoy showing other people parts of your life that's important to you. I like showing random pictures of me but Colleen shows them either singing or pictures of her and Josh," Rachel tells me.

"So what I'm getting is that social media is a way to communicate with your followers and share important and random things in your life," I half said half asked. 

"Yeah, pretty much. I'm guessing you'll be shown on YouTube a fair bit," She said.

"I don't think I have a choice," I laughed, "But I most certainly want to be," 

"Just remember that the internet is a wonderful place but it can be awful. I tend to look at the posistives not the negatives, I hope you learn to do that too," She tells me. I take into consideration what she said. It's true, the internet can be a dangerous yet glorious place. You have to be cautious and stand up for yourself, but also learn to ignore all the bafoons that share the cyber world...

A/N

Hey!

This is a boring A.F. chapter, I'm sorry about that.

I hope you're liking the book because it takes me quite some time to write it and I'm now on three week holidays.

Do you like the chapters do have individual names or just the way it is now?

I'd like to let you all know that,

1. I have never been to America so I have no clue what the restaurants or anything are like

2. If I get something wrong then I'm sorry

3. I'm Australian so I proably spell things differently or use different words

Be nice cause I'm human,

Have a freaking amazing day y'all and be nice!

Bye!

~Hailey