Fortunate Accidents- 16

I've been living with my new parents, Colleen and Josh, for a week or so now. Thank gosh it's summer so I don't have to do school.

We had discussed a lot in the week:

We decided I would be homeschooled for the first half of 6th grade because I was already in Year 7 in Australia. I would prefer to be home schooled all the time, I don't like school. Not because I don't get good grades but because I have little tolerance for all the idiots that also attend it.

We decided that when I was ready to call Colleen and Josh something more parent like it would be entirely my choice. They said how they didn't want to replace my parents and I agreed, what I didn't tell them was that I wanted them to replace mum and dad. I want them to be my mum and dad, I loved them and they cared about me more than I thought they would, they cared about me the same way mum cares about me. I loved it.

We decided on 2 family vacations per year because, why not?

We decided that when Colleen or Josh were going to go on tour, we'd all go, me, Colleen and Josh because we're a family.

We decided that each October, before my birthday, we would come to Australia so I could visit mum, Connor and have our second family vacation.

We decided that for my birthday, November 21st (also Colleen's birthday) we would spend the whole day with family and friends because no one deserves to be lonely or bored on their birthday.

We decided that if I wanted to start social media than Josh would be doing that with me, trust me, Colleen and Joshua fought over that.

We decided that we would have a video on both Colleen and Josh's channels explaining me and all that ish.

We decided that we would live life to the fullest. That's Colleen's idea, I had never really had a positive outlook on life but now's a better time than ever to start.

-----

"Colleen," Josh called through the house. He was in their bedroom and Colleen was in the kitchen creating something amazing because I could smell it.

"Yeah," She called back.

I was on the couch watching Survivor. In this household it was mandatory to be up to date with the newest episodes of Survivor so I had a lot to catch up on.

"Have you seen my phone?" He asked. Typical Josh, he forgets a lot of things a lot of the time.

"On the dining table," She tells him. I found it kinda funny that Josh always relys on Colleen to find his belongings.

Josh came out and grabbed his phone of the dining table. He smiled and kissed Colleen, I made gagging noises in the background as any normal child would do. They smiled and kissed again.

"Tailah," Colleen said, "I made cookies!" She exclaimed. That's what smelt amazing.

"Comin," I said pausing Survivor and walking to the kitchen.

Colleen had made chocolate chip cookies and they looked amazing and smelt like heaven.

She passed me the plate with them stacked on it, I took one off and shoved it in my mouth.

It was amazing, better than anything I had ever eaten before. Colleen was an amazing cook.

"Like em?" Colleen asked me.

"I love them," I tell her.

"I'm glad. These are the cookies Josh and I had at our wedding," She smiled, I'm guessing it brought back memories.

"Baby," Josh said, "I'm headed to Matt and Rebecca's,"

"Okay, Tailah, do you want to go?" Colleen asked me. I hadn't really met Rebecca and Matt too well, we met in an awkward situation.

"Uh..." I say.

"I'm going shopping with Kory so you can always come with us," Colleen smiled.

"Is Rachel gonna be at Matt and Rebecca's?" I asked Josh.

"Don't think so," He said.

"You can stay here if you want," Colleen suggested. I was used to staying home by myslef because mum was working late everyday.

"If it's fine with you both I'd prefer to stay here," I asked. I really wanted to just stay here.

"That's fine. I'll send Rachel over before dark if we're taking a while," Colleen said.

"I won't be back till after dark," Josh said.

"You all good Tailah?" She asked me.

"Yep, I'm fine," I say.

Colleen and Josh walked out and locked the door behind them. I heard them start their cars and head off.

So... What am I meant to do now?

A/N
Hey!

How's your day been?

I'm sleeping at my nan's tonight!

I can't write while I'm here cause I don't have my computer so when I get home tomorrow I'll write then.

2 chapters in 2 days! Are you happy?

This book is going to have around 35 chapters and if it's popular I'll make a sequel! :)

Have an awesome day!

Bye bye!

~Hailey