Fortunate Accidents- 23

"I wanna ride," I tell Rach. She looks at me for a few seconds, maybe she couldn't hear me correctly.

"Ride?" Rach questioned. I guess elaboration was necessary. 

"Horses, I wanna ride horses. But I have no clue if Mum and Dad will let me. I'm scared to tell them," I tell her. 

Rebecca had set up the camera and was walking back over the not very wide road. 

"I'd just tell 'em and see what they say. No harm in trying," Rebecca says loudly as though we wouldn't have been able to hear her if she'd talked normally, I don't know why because she was only 2 metres (6 feet) away. 

"You were listening to our entire conversation?" I asked kind of offended that she eavesdropped. 

"Not all of it. I only heard the part about where you're scared and want to ride," Rebecca defended herself. 

"So basically all of it," Rachel laughed. 

"Yeah, I guess," Rebecca agreed. Rach and I laughed a little. Rebecca seemed pretty darn awesome and she's super nice.

"Well, I guess I can just tell em after we're done," I tell Rach and Rebecca. 

"Yeah, we should probably hurry it up, the sun isn't going to wait for us," Rach hurries us. 

"Okay, okay. Let's do this!" I said enthusiastically. 

-----

"Hope you guys enjoyed the video, go subscribe to Becca and myself! Like, comment and whatever else you feel like doing! Have an awesome day and don't forget, Stay Awesome Possums!" Rachel said clicking her tongue and holding out a thumbs up. She shut the camera off and turned to Rebecca and I. 

"That was awesome!" She beamed. 

The video had taken us ages to shoot but was really, really fun! 

"Yeah, I haven't had that much fun in forever!" I told Rach and Rebecca. 

"That was nothing! You need to wait til the 4th of July!" Rebecca told me. 

"4th of July?" I asked. I'd never heard of it. Was it some sort of holiday?

"You don't know what the 4th of July is?" Rach asked almost falling over. I guess it was something important.

"No, I've never heard of it," I say honestly. 

"It's like America's independence day," Rebecca tells me. 

"Oh. Like Australia Day?" I ask. Australia Day is the day Aussie's celebrate being Aussies and living in the amazing country of Australia. Thinking about Australia leads to thinking about Connor and mum. I miss them. My smile must have disappeared  because now Rach and Rebecca are looking at me funny. Like they're waiting for me to do something else. 

"Yeah, basically," Rach agrees.

"We gonna head inside soon? I'm cold!" Rebecca whined. 

"Maybe you should put on some actual pants then!" Rach joked. Rebecca was wearing high-waisted shorts. 

"Let's just go inside!" I order them cutting the conversation short. 

"Okay then mum!" Rach joked with me.

A/N

Hey!

Sorry about the short chapter. I ended it here so I can do a time jump in the next chapter. 

So, I know 2 of you guessed correctly and great job to you! 

I wanna let you know that I AM WRITING A NEW BOOK! It's called Becoming a Ballinger or B.A.B for short and it's a collab with the amazing @cmehappiness so go follow her! Chapter 1 will be up August 3rd so stay tuned. Comment if you want me to add the summary to next chapter's author note!...

Do you like horses? Comment below! I legit wanna know! ;)

Have an awesome day!

Bye bye!

~Hailey