Fortunate Accidents- 20

I woke up. Today I'm going to be a new me, the new and improved Tailah.

I get out of bed and look at my blue alarm clock that's sitting on my bedside table.

8:09AM

Great, still early. It's Saturday so Colleen and Josh are most likely still in bed. I walk over to my walk in closet and look for something to wear. Colleen said that today we're going on a mother-daughter date so I should probably change out of my cat onesie. Colleen bought it for me, she bought me a butt load of clothes from shops I didn't know existed.

I put on dark blue denim skinny jeans and a mauve top that says 'Chillin'' and looked at myself in the mirror on the back of the closet door. I looked fine. One thing I don't think I've told Colleen and Josh is that I hate dresses! With a burning passion! They're both uncomfortable and don't suit me. I also wouldn't be caught dead wearing pink, I just hated the colour. I guess some shades of it were nice but most were just horrid.

I shut the door to my closet and put on some socks. They had little unicorns on them but were mainly white. I went out of my room and into the hallway. I looked into Colleen and Josh's room to see them both asleep cuddling each other. I think it's still odd, I think it's just because I wasn't used to it.

I walked down the hardwood stairs and into the kitchen. I decided that I would make myself, Colleen and Josh some breakfast. I didn't know what I was going to make but hopefully it was going to be good.

-----

After some consideration and looking through all of the kitchen cupboards I decided on raspberry pancakes and smoothies. I had cooked 3 pancakes for Colleen and I and 4 for Josh. Now I just needed to make smoothies. I was going to make myself a raspberry, strawberry and banana smoothie, Colleen a blueberry, raspberry and strawberry smoothie and a banana smoothie for Josh.

Before I made the smoothies I went up and tapped on Josh and Colleen's door with my knuckle. I opened the door and walked in. They were both asleep so I decided I would have to wake at least one of them. I decided Josh would be easier to wake, I tapped him on the shoulder and he turned his head towards me and opened his eyes.

"Mmm,"

"I have something for you and Colleen down in the kitchen, you wake her because I don't really want to. Then come downstairs," I told him.

"Alright, but next time, I don't want to do your dirty work," He laughed quietly. I smiled.

I walked back into the kitchen to make the smoothies.

-----

Colleen and Josh walked down the stairs, they both looked really tired. Personally, I hate mornings but I for some reason thought that maybe they were morning people.

"What smells so amazing?" Colleen said looking around. The pancakes and smoothies were on the dining table.

"I made pancakes and smoothies," I told her. She looked shocked.

"You know how to cook?" She asked.

"I've cooked breakfast, lunch and dinner for myself since I was 7 years old so I have a bit of experience," I laughed. Colleen seemed pleasantly surprised.

Colleen and Josh sat at the table with across from me and next to each other.

"So I've been thinking," I told them.

"Oh no," Josh said. Colleen wacked him playfully with her hand.

"I'm ready,"

"Ready for what?" Colleen asked.

"Ready to call you mum and dad," I said.

They looked shocked. I don't blame them.

"Tailah, we don't want to replace your parents," Josh said seriously.

"I know," I say.

"Why the sudden change?" Josh asks.

"I'm sick of who I am. I don't like being the non approachable one. I don't like being quiet all the time. I don't like being told who I am and who I should be. I wanna tell people what I think and feel how I feel. I wanna be happy,"

Colleen and Josh sit there looking at me. I guess they didn't really expect that.

"We love whoever you choose to be. You don't have to change because people tell you to," Colleen says.

"I'm not changing because people tell me to. I'm changing because I'm telling myself to. I don't like who I am so I'm changing,"

"Okay," Is all Josh can muster up to say.

"I want to call you mum and dad," I tell them.

"We don't want to be replacing your parents," Colleen repeats.

"And you won't be. You're my parents now, both of you. I never really knew my dad and despite knowing my mum and loving her to peices I know that she'd want me to call you my parents and call you mum and dad because then I'd be happy. Most of this isn't making sense but the point is that my mum will always be my mum. But right now, I'm not living with my mum, I'm living with you and you're my mum," Hopefully my butt load of talking made sense.

"Well," Colleen said...

A/N

Cliffhanger? Sorry!

Like the new sort of Tailah? Tell me in the comments.

This 12 year old has a lot that's about to happen to her, not me! Tailah.

Hope you're enjoying the book so far. I'm sorry if there's grammar or spelling mistakes. Once this book is finished (which won't be for a while yet) I'll go through and edit it.

This is the sort of size that the chapters will be now so that I can update more efficiently.

Have an awesome day!

Bye bye!

~Hailey