Fortunate Accidents- 11

"I'll leave you two to get sorted then," the foster lady walked off.

"So," I said. I had no clue what to do. Rachel was amazing! Utterly amazing, wonderful and freaking hilarious!

"Wanna grab something to drink?" She asked.

"Uh, sure," I said. Rachel Ballinger, my new auntie, was going to buy me a drink. This is totally amazing!

'So, what do ya want?" She asked. We got up and walked over to the counter. I hadn't seen or heard of any of these drinks so I just asked for a hot chocolate. It was around 17 degrees outside (62 degrees Fahrenheit) so the hot chocolate would warm me up a bit.

"Can I get a hot chocolate and flat white. Oh, and extra foam on both," Rachel winked at me. No one had wanted to spoil me aside from Connor and mum. It was a little strange, mum had wanted to spoil me but often didn't have enough money to even consider it. I didn't mind because I knew she wanted the best for me. Sucks she's in jail, all I know is that I miss her and I want her to come home to me soon.

Our drinks were brought to the table we were sitting at. My hot chocolate looked awesome and I haven't had one in ages. Rachel looked as though she was enjoying her coffee.

"So kid, what do you like doing?" She asked me. I had never been called 'kid' before but to be honest it was pretty alright, sort of like a pet name.

"I don't know," I confessed.

"Skateboarding, shopping, drugs..." She questioned.

"None of those, I don't know how to ride a skateboard, I have no money for shopping and even if I wanted to do drugs, which I don't of course, I would never be able to afford even the cheap crappy ones," I blurted. I don't know why I blurted because normally I don't blurt but I felt somewhat safe with Rachel, I felt as though I could tell her anything and she wouldn't judge.

Good to hear I guess. So what do you wish you could do?" She asked. She seemed so positive, it was really cool to see someone want to find the good in horrible situations and people.

"Well, ever since I was really little I loved horses. It's my dream to one day compete in the Olympics for Australia in horse riding. It's pretty impossible though," I frowned.

"Nothing's impossible. If you work hard at something then it comes true," she smiled. I know that I'm really gonna love my Aunty Rachel.

"Well, I can always try I guess," I said believing in the words she had said.  If I really wanted to be an equestrian then I was gonna work hard at it.

"There we go! That's what I'm talking about! Well, a little more enthusiastic would have been better but we've made a start!" She smiled.

"Well I'm so sorry," I giggled a little.

"Well you should be!" Rachel said sarcastically. We laughed and sipped our drinks.

About 10 minutes later we saw two people walk in the door. Rachel waved them over as they were about 20 metres away and didn't look too sure about where we were. I couldn't believe it, I was going to meet my new parents, I mean I've 'met' them before but this will be different. I'm living with Colleen and Josh Evans. This is crazy!