Technicalities

"Just take me to my cell." i said gruffly. I was staring at the floor. I did not want to look them in the eyes. Especially since i was defeated.

"A cell. Is that what you want?" the head Agent asked, except i didn't know if he called the shots anymore. Director Fury seemed to be the one in charge, but everyone had a boss.

"No, but where else am i going to go?" i said roughly. I clenched and un-clenched my fits. Was it my imagination or was i glowing? Not the healthy kind of glow but a pulsing kind of glow. Something about to explode if it got overheated kind of glow. "I don't want to go back to my room. Which is not really my room but an exact replica of my room. Which is really creepy by the way." i glared them down

"I told them it was creepy." motorcycle jacket piped in guy raising his hand slightly. I blinked at him. He put his hands in his pockets.

"Do you have this under control Coulson?" asked the guy with the fancy arrows.

"This, is standing right here." i said pointing at the ground furiously. He glanced at me. His face was grim but i could see he was amused by my comment.

"Yes. We'll be fine now." Agent Coulson said crossing his arms behind his back. "Let's go Nat, Steve." he turned to the red head who was holstering her gun. She nodded curtly. Then he looked at motorcycle guy. Who upon further inspection i could see was pretty damn cute, but i shouldn't be thinking about that right now. Especially now. The walked in a line together and out the door. "Let's take a walk." Agent Coulson said gesturing toward the doors i came through. With a sigh and a turn of my heel i followed him back through the doors.

* a lab somewhere deep inside S.H.I.E.L.D*

I rubbed my temple. I had a pounding headache from.. the other guy. I was contemplating leaving. I'd been here long enough. I heard the alarm go off. Someone had escaped i had no doubt on who it was. their latest science experiment. Frankly i didn't want any part of it. So why am i here? Because you like the thrill of it all. The other guy answered for me. Weird how he can form coherent sentences in my head but can't speak them. "Dr. Banner." a voice called happily. I looked up. Steve, Agent Romanoff, and Agent Barton we're coming my way. I shook hands with Steve. I would've done the same to the other two but they're a little. Hard.

"Doctor." Natasha said.

"Agent." i replied Barton nodded toward me. I gave a small smile. "Having a little trouble i hear." i said looking from one to the other.

"You were here for that." Natasha stated more than asked.

"She got out. Guess we underestimated her and what she might be able to do." Steve said crossing his arms. He looked the same. I wonder if he ever ages.

"So have you checked out what we gave you?" Natasha asked. I nodded.

"Well i'm not a specialist in astronomy but these are all the components that..." i paused. "Make up a star." i said grimly. I had been worried ever since i found out. What have they been doing. Was this another experiment gone wrong. Like mine. There was a dull roar in my skull. The other guy disagreeing on how bad my experiment was. Her mouth formed a thin line as she stared at the screen in front of her. It showed the nuclear reactions in a star exploding over and over again. "What have you guys done?" i asked quietly. Steve looked at me surprise.

"You think we did this?" he sounded a bit hurt but there was an edge in his voice. he was staring at me intently.

"Well what am i suppose to think. You guys call me in on some important mission and hand me the elements that form a star. What am i suppose to think!" Barton was standing next to Natasha now watching the screen. They were doing that communication thing. Speaking to each other without saying anything out loud. I breathed out and rubbed my forehead again.