Director Fury

"You should have called in when you found her." I don't know if Director Fury always sounded angry or if he was angry.

"I was handling the situation." Steve replied.

"She could have jumped!" He says pointing at the ledge of the building. I rolled my eye.

"Put the guns away." I said smoothly. Slowly they all put their guns away. They seemed confused. I turned to Director Fury. "I wasn't going to jump. What's the problem with a little freedom around here!" I shouted at him.

"You are suppose to stay in your room." He replied calmly.

"More like a prison cell! You guys want to keep me in there, but you can't." I finished quietly.

"Then we need to find a better cell." He said coldly. That upset me. A growl ripped through my throat and suddenly everyone was floating. I could feel my hair flying around me. I couldn't tell if it was the wind or me. If anyone looked up right now we would look pretty weird. I was suddenly seeing yellow and I panicked.

"Astella. It's okay." I heard Steve say. Something touched my hand and I looked down. He was tugging on my arm. I blinked and I could see clearly again. Slowly. Very slowly I lowered everyone to the ground. The dropped back onto their feet a bit shaky. I was being a real brat right now. I pushed past everyone forcing Steve to let go of my arm. "Astella!" He called after me "Astella!" But I didn't turn back

"She. Is. A. Flight risk!" Director Fury said slamming his hands down on the lab table.

"I know that sir." I said calmly putting my hands behind my back.

"Then why is she still here! Why is she still alive?!" Director Fury asked pacing back in forth in front of us.

"So now were killing innocent people?" Steve countered crossing his arms and glaring at him. Dr. Banner looked very uncomfortable and kept shifting back and forth but I was standing my ground.

"We don't know what she is! We don't know what she can do. She can be a whole different species. They could have programmed what ever was in that little box to slay the entire human race." Director Fury was making some very good points. We didn't know what she could do. What she was capable of. We still didn't understand how she survived.

"She's still human!" Steve said and looked at Dr. Banner "As far as I can tell she is." He replied cautiously.

"That bit about her slaying the entire human race." Natasha started, "Sounds very likely. Loki and the Chitari. She could be the front man." She crossed her arms and I could see Clint nodding. "She's a variable we need to eliminate." Natasha continued.

"You know she could probably hear you." I said loud and clear. That shut them up.

"Let her listen. Let her know we don't trust her." Director Fury said.

"I trust her." Steve said. Dr. Banner sighed and said

"I do too." We were quiet.

"She's not gaining any new powers." Steve countered.

"That's a lie I just saw her fly today." Natasha countered.

"Technically." I started to say "That's levitating." They stared at me and Director Fury sighed.

"What are you going to do about her Coulson?" He asked. I shrugged.

"Nothing." They stared at me.

"Nothing. You're going to do nothing." Director Fury repeated. I nodded.

"I don't think she's a threat to us. We're still doing tests and figuring out her powers. We'll see where it goes." Everyone was silent.