The End

I woke up as we were falling. I wish i hadn't. It would have been better if i had been asleep when my head found the ground below. I looked up. We weren't screaming. Natasha had grabbed onto Clint somehow. She was just clutching his shoulder trying to shake him awake. She was murmuring something in his ear when she saw me. She nodded at me and i nodded back. Bruce had already hit the ground and he was jumping back up presumably to catch one of us. He went for Clint and Natasha catching them easily. I just hope he was being gentle. This seemed to be going really slowly. I thought falling to your death would go faster. Bucky's death flashed before my eyes. Fitting that i should die the same way my best friend had. Then i thought of Astella.

No. I can't die. I have to find out if she was okay. Where was the ground? Why had i not hit it yet? I hoped to hell if someone did save me it wouldn't be Tony. That sarcastic son of a gun would never let it go if he did. Of course, as luck would have it, he did. Stark came flying in just as i was about ten feet above the ground. He grabbed my arm and lowered me slowly onto the cement below. I shook out my arm and ran a hand down the front of my ruined suit. "Thanks Stark." i mumbled.

"What was that? I didn't quite hear you?" Tony said leaning in, a hand cupped around his ear.

"Enough of that." Natasha said getting up from the ground where Clint was laying protected by a concerned looking Hulk. Imagine that. The Hulk showing another emotion besides anger? That couldn't be good. As if on cue the Hulk vanished before my eyes and we were left with a half naked Bruce banner. The now oversized shorts hung loosely around him.

"Bruce!" i called out. He looked up from where he was sitting and met my gaze. Then looked down at himself with a sigh.

"Sorry guys. I can Hulk up again if needed." Bruce said.

"I just need to check on Clint." i nodded and turned back to Natasha. She was looking up at the ship probably calculating the best way to get up there.

"I don't think she wants us up there." i stated. Natasha wasn't listening.

"Something obviously happened. One of those lizards said He needed us right before we go lifted up. He wouldn't just let us go unless something happened." she said. I nodded what she was saying made sense.

"I can fly up there and see whats happening." Thor's voice said drifting in around us. I looked at him. He was already spinning his hammer in preparation but before i could say anything they were upon us again. Swarming out of buildings and around corners filling the streets and pushing us toward the center.

"Bruce your needed!" Natasha said loudly. Bruce looked up from Clint but was surrounded before he could do anything else. "Clint still breathing?" Natasha asked pulling out two wicked looking knives.

"For now." Bruce stated. Natasha nodded.

"Captain, any ideas?" Tony asked sounding a bit worried. I didn't know what to say. There was no way we could get out of this. They would shoot us dead before we could move a muscle. Plus i was defenseless. Somehow i had lost my shield. I saw it by a Slyvarian soldiers feet a couple yards away. I wish i could call it to me like Thor could with his hammer. There was nothing we could do and it's not like we could beg for our lives. They wouldn't understand. There was a giant ripping noise and we all turned to look at the ship. There was something dropping out of the ship it looked like...

"Is that.. Astella?" Thor asked a bit confused. She stopped falling. Though we were a bit of a ways away from her i could make her out clearly. She was facing our direction her hair whipping out around her. Slowly very slowly she raised her hands in the air. The Slyvarians all let out a confused hiss as they were lifted into the air along with their guns and hovercrafts. it wasn't just them though. Every single alien and piece of alien tech was being lifted into the sky. Broken hovercrafts, ripped apart guns, pieces of those magnetic dogs, bodies of Slyvarian, bits of armor. Everything that didn't belong to Earth getting lifted into the sky. Down to the last nail an slab of metal. Then she spoke, her voice flowing over the city.