It's Never Going to Stop!

What time was it? I don't know. It felt like we had been fighting for a couple hours. Maybe it was less. I didn't have a watch and it wasn't like i could just casually ask a Slyvarian while i was crushing in his face the time of day. I don't even know if they had a sense of time. The position of the sun wasn't helping and it's not like i could fly in on Natasha and ask her. I don't think she would appreciate it. She might say it didn't matter. It mattered to me I guess in a way. First battle. And your last. Something whispered at the edge of my mind. I couldn't shake the nagging feeling I had at the back of my head or un-clench the knot in my stomach. This was bad. Really bad, but telling the Avengers of a gut feeling probably woldn't sound all to smart or that important. So i kept it to myself.

Tired is an understatement., but i can't find another word for how exhausted i am. Not only physically but mentally and emotionally. I've never killed so many people before. I've never killed anyone before. Alien or not. They had a life. Family. Friends. I just took that all away. How can hero's live like this. I know were suppose to protect the Earth but what about the people we're trying to protect it from? This is how grudges start. You destroy someone's army and suddenly you have a whole planet rising up against you. That's how i hope Earth goes down. I hope we go down fighting. Not sitting ducks waiting for the Sun to consume our planet. If the end comes for the human race it better be good.

"Barton!" Natasha shouted into her com-link. Silence. He didn't answer. "Barton! God damnit answer me!" she shouted. I shot off. Listening for his familiar pattern of breathing. It was faint but i picked up on it. He was being circled by those machines and some Slyvarian. Making a lasso out of some of the copper wire that Tony had given me i manages to rope them all together and shock them to death. I landed with a thud next to the pile of rubble that Clint was buried under. "Barton!" Natasha shouted again. I lifted the giant slabs of concrete off of him and placed them as gently as i could on the street. His chest was rising and falling slowly but i could hear his heart faltering. I ran over and grabbed the com-link out of his ear.

"Guys. He's breathing but his heart's failing. What do i do?" i asked looking at Clint nervously.

"I'll be right there." Nat said.

"No! You won't be fast enough. I can hear it. His heart is going to stop!" i practically screamed. I was going to watch him die. "What do i do!" i hollered. Nobody answered right away. "Guys." i whimpered close to tears.

"Try.." there was a grunt. I really hope Tony was fighting someone off and not, well... "Jump starting his heart." i heard a crash then a familiar ZING as he shot something.

"Electrocuting him?" i asked kneeling in front of Clint nervously. He was cold as ice.

"Yes." Tony replied. I laid one hand over his heart.

"Don't barbecue him." Natasha said. I tried not to laugh as i sent a small wave of electricity into him. Clint jerked but stayed still.

"It didn't work." i said. I couldn't breath. I had forgotten how. His heart rate was still going down at a slow steady pace.

"Try again." Steve encouraged. I laid my hand down again and gave him it a little more juice. This time he jerked then sat bolt up right chunks of concrete flying from his hair. I breathed out heavily.

"He's awake." i told them. Clint was blinking hard and breathing rapidly. "I thought you were dead." i said giving him a hand to help him up.

"Still kicking." He confirmed. I tried not to laugh. He stretched out his arms and shook out his legs. I floated his bow over toward us from where he probably dropped it on the ground.

"What happened? Are you okay?" i asked handing him back the com-link.

"Maybe now is not the best time." he said looking up at the sky. The Slyvarian were still flying around up there on their hoverboards. I nodded. "Another time." Clint said jogging away. I bit my lip. There won't be another time. Oh shut up. I told myself as i drifted back into the air. I need to fix this whole talking to myself thing. It's getting out of hand. I looked out across the battle field as i rose. Destroyed buildings, broken telephone poles, giant holes in the street. Probably from Bruce or Thor. Just then, I heard a giant crash and saw a brilliant flash of lightening. Speaking of Thor.