One Day

Two days. We had just two days. Well one day if you weren't counting today. I was not ready. Definitely was not ready. I was weak. Horribly untrained and i still couldn't control my powers as well as i should be able to. Thor and i had a go at each other. I lost. Pretty badly too. I was scared to fight him. I basically just threw myself against the wall so he would stop. He helped me up and told me he was sorry. I told him it was okay. I had no broken bone's, i wsan't bleeding, no head injuries. All good. Steve came in at that moment. He was tugging at the sleeve of his suit. He looked just as good, maybe even better, than i had seen in people's memories. "Look." i said poking his arm. "Red, white and blue all over the place." he rolled his eyes

"Did you two even fight at all." he asked me.

"She gave up." Thor said trying not to laugh.

"I did not." i cried out a bit shocked looking at him.

"I barely even touched you and you were against the wall." he said chuckling.

"Well maybe you're stronger than you think." i said huffily. Steve chuckled his blonde hair falling into his face. He pushed it away.

"Well how about you fight me instead." he asked. I thought about it. Last time we tried that we ended up kissing. Since Thor was here i doubt that would happen.

"As long as you don't hold back." i told him backing up a bit.

"You don't hold back either." he replied.

"So i can use my powers." he shrugged.

"If you like." he replied. I nodded. Fighting with him was like dancing. Fluid and easy. With Natasha i barely got a punch in but since Clint taught me some new techniques i could see why i was beaten so badly before. At one point Steve hit me in the gut and i collapsed gasping, on the ground. "Astella!" he shouted concerned. He knelt down next to me. "Are you okay?" he asked staring into my eyes. I threw my leg around and knocked his legs out from under him. He landed on his butt. He stared at me confused.

"You.. Let your guard down." i gasped out. Thor was laughing in the corner watching us. Steve rolled his eyes and touched my hands lightly as they clutched my side.

"Are you all right?" he asked still worried. I nodded.

"Nice punch." i told him. He grinned and helped me stand.

"At least you've gotten better." Natasha commented as she walked in. Clint winked at me i felt the blood rise in my cheeks. "Let's see how you do with me." Natasha said. Steve slowly got out of the way. I nodded and we had a go at it. She beat me four times before i finally won. I was so astonished. Clint even clapped. "You have improved." Natasha said as i helped her up. They took me to the gun range after that. I could fire better now. I didn't really want them but i was getting holsters like Natasha's i was going to have a gun strapped to each thigh. I wondered if it was uncomfortable. Natasha walked around in it with ease but maybe that's because she's worn them longer. I was also better with knife throwing. I had yet to stab someone or slit someone's throat but at least we were getting someone. "You can't get queasy and chickened out when your'e about to kill someone." Natasha warned. "They may get the jump on you and you will die." she said looking at me. I nodded. I hoped i wouldn't be killing too many people. Or anything for that matter.

Too late. A voice in my head said. It was talking about the Slyvarian i have killed. I don't know how many maybe three? That wasn't such a big number. It was a whole lot less than anyone else had done. I knew hoping this wouldn't turn into one giant bloody mess wasn't going to happen. The Slyvarian had to die or everyone on the planet would. I sighed and shook my head of the thought. Most of the city was evacuated by now. There were a couple stragglers but they were being escorted. Nobody was on the streets. Everything outside for fifty miles around was silent. We'd cleared people who weren't absolutely necessary in this situation. There wasn't as much of a hustle and a bustle around here. In fact I hardly saw anyone but us.