The Dream

I still couldn't sleep. There was too much noise. Everyone was hustling and rushing along. They were preparing. New York was being evacuated. The President has made a public service announcement. He know the real reason behind this, but he told the American people that there have been threats of a alien attack. As proof footage of one of the dead Slyvarian soldiers was showed. If people we're skeptic at first that sure got them moving. The city should be evacuated in three days. Soldiers are going around making sure everyone is moving. We've given them a forty mile radius blast range. Why might need more.

The President will explain everything to the American people later. Right now he's hiding. Under ground. I'm under ground I just wish I was hiding better. I've thought of running away. Going off into the desert. I could do it. I can fly pretty quickly. I've been practicing. I know they'll just come after me though. Even though it's my choice. They have that whole protect their own thing going on. Sounds a bit foolish but I'm glad somebody cares at least. I toss and turn wishing that none of this had happened. You don't wish that. A voice whispers in my mind. Shut up. I growl at it. It's right though. I would've never met Steve if this hadn't happened. But your family would be alive. The mean voice growled. My family. I hadn't thought of them in a while. I was trying not too. It hurt to much. I wondered if they were proud of me.

As soon as Tony, Steve and I flew in they were all over us. They dragged the bodies away into the building and scientists pulled the alien tech into their labs. I saw Dr. Banner among them. He looked more excited than I've ever seen him. Well at least he was smiling. Tony was talking to Coulson. He kept making jokes and being well.. Himself. So rude and sarcastic. "Bruce!" He called out clapping him on the shoulder.

"Tony." He said politely.

"How about we go take a look at all this." Tony says grabbing one of the hover boards and steering Bruce away from the crowd. Dr. Banner doesn't try to protest. I was suddenly bone tiered. All that enthusiasm and joy I had about wanting to met Tony had disappeared. My shoulders were dropping and I rubbed my eyes as people rushed around. Nobody had talked to me. What was I suppose to do?

"It's time for you to go to sleep." Steve says touching my shoulder lightly. I look up at him with weary eyes. He has small smile on his face. I smile back. "But first. Let's fix your arm." He steers me into the building and down the hall in the direction of the infirmary. I don't feel it as he cleans and wraps my arm in gauze then walks me back to my room. I sleepily press my hand against the door and it slides open. Steve turns me around to face him. "If you need me. You know where I am." I nod slowly. Steve hesitates for a second. He leans down and kisses me lightly. Suddenly I was awake. I put my hands on his neck bringing him closer. He seems surprised at first. In the end he breaks away. "You're tired." He tells me pushing my shoulders away from his body. I nod not bothering to reply. I don't remember how to talk.

He says something else I don't hear. Then I'm in my room alone. Did I walk in here? Did Steve put me in here and walk away? I can't remember. I shake my head trying to clear it and block out all the noise. I strip off my clothing and jump into the shower. I almost fall asleep standing in there. I let the hot water run over me. I quickly rub shampoo through my hair and soap all over my body. I don't know how long I was in there but when I come out it's twelve o'clock. May 22nd. We have three days. I blink as I count the days in my head again and again. The 25th. That's my birthday. That's when they're coming. I guess it was. Appropriate. I hadn't told anyone about my birthday. Maybe they already knew. You know if they read my file. Though that's not a detail someone would remember the most.

I would be turning 21. The big two one. The age where you're legal to do anything and I was going to spend it fighting along side heroes and legends. Saving a world who won't even know my name. Which reminds me I don't have a name. A superhero one anyways. Or an outfit. Was I suppose to get one? Isn't that something that comes with the job description? Once my head hit my pillow I wasn't as tiered as I was a few minutes ago. I slowly watched the digital clock change from twelve to one to two. I groaned. I needed to go to sleep. I've barely gotten any sleep while I've been in this place. Maybe it's because it's still new to me. I haven't even been here long. Two three days? I don't remember. It couldn't have been two days could it? Too much has happened.

I turn over again and stare at the wall. It was too noisy. Everywhere. Too much noise. Suddenly I wondered if I could persuade myself to sleep. Did it work like that? I don't think so. I tried anyways. Nothing. I began to think of other things but I was too anxious. Then I thought of Steve. I visualized his face. The way he smiled. His laugh. I could feel my eyelids dropping. It was actually working. I thought of the way his lips felt against mine. His hair and how it fell across his face. I was out cold in a minute. I just wish I didn't dream.

Everything was fine and normal. Well sort of. Well maybe not at all. I was trapped in some sort of glass container. The glass was foggy though. I couldn't see through it. There were creatures moving outside around my container. Slyvarian? Humans? I wasn't sure. I couldn't hear what they were saying but I knew they were talking about me. I banged on the glass over and over. I was screaming at them to let me out. I was loosing oxygen fast. I clutched my forehead. I was dizzy. There was a loud humming noise. I tried to cover my hears. It was coming from overhead. No!

I had to get out! I slammed my hands against the glass and pressed my forehead on the glass. I was breathing heavily. I don't know what I was doing but I heard a huge crack and I looked up to see a large crack forming in the glass. There was a terrible roar from outside followed by lots of shouting and running. I'm guessing this wasn't suppose to happen. I concentrate harder. The crack in the glass spread. I felt it beneath my palms. Then. It shattered. The glass fell all around me. Everything was still blurry I was still dizzy. Then it was like something else took over. I couldn't tell what was going on around me. Lots of smashing and crashing. Everything was breaking. I smelled something burning. Was I breaking everything? There were shouts and screams. Then I was dropping through the floor.

I was suspended in the air. Slowly I raised my hands and I felt power running through me. I was lifting something. A lot of something's off of the ground below. Then I slammed them back down. Oh god. What was going on. I pulled everything back up and made a couple swirling motions with my hands. I was bringing everything together. Then I saw what it was. Slyvarian. All of them. I had a massed them into a giant ball. Along with all their weapons and alien tech. Then I was shoving everything back into the ship. I think I was holding up the ship too. It looked completely destroyed. Bits of it were falling off of but they didn't drop too far. Then with a giant swing of my arm I threw it. Ship and all into the sun. I watched it.

Then slowly I lowered myself down. My skin was tingling. It felt like something was moving under my skin trying to come out. I dropped down and stood there. My eyes were closed for some reason. People were shouting at me. I didn't answer. They got louder. They were running toward me. Someone was shaking my arm. They were calling my name. My eyelids wouldn't move though. Everything felt so heavy like the world was weighing down on me. I have to open my eyes. I told myself. Slowly I forced them open. I panicked. I couldn't see. Everything was yellow. I screamed. There were some gasps. Then I was shouting. I couldn't hear myself my ears were ringing. I tried to block out the noise. The ringing stopped but I knew I had to get out of there. I shot up into the sky and then my skin was on fire. I was burning. I was dying. Again.

I jolted awake. I was gasping for air. I was covered in sweat my hair was pasted to my neck, face, and shoulders. Everything was sticky. My blankets were suffocating me. I threw them off. I touched the skin on my arms. I wasn't burning. The stars on my arm were warmer than the rest of my body. I thought that was weird but I wasn't dead. I pushed my hair away breathing hard. My dream. It was horrible. What... What was it about? I sat there my legs still under the sheets trying to remember. It was bad. Really bad. Why couldn't I remember it. It was nothing. Something in my mind whispered. "Nothing" I repeated out loud to myself, but I couldn't shake the feeling that something was really wrong. I put my legs over the side of the bed and looked at the clock. Three. At night? No it was the fucking afternoon. Oh god had I overslept! Somebody would've gotten me.

I threw off my clothes and ducked into the shower. I quickly grabbed a shirt some jeans and my jacket. Throwing everything on I fixed my hair and marched out the door. I could hear them. I knew where they were. I burst through the doors. They all turned and stared. I wanted to shrink away now. I didn't have to make an entrance like that. "Why'd you guys let me sleep in?" I asked dropping my hands to my sides. Natasha shrugged.

"Steve said you haven't gotten any sleep since you've been here." She said.

"So?" I asked a i bit surprised. They stared at me. I shook my head. "What are doing today?" I asked. "Have they gotten any closer?" I asked.

"They're just inside our galaxy passing Jupiter." Clint responded. I nodded and pushed back some of my hair one hand on my hip. My dream totally forgotten.