They're Here

I had that dream again. Dying. Yellow eyes. The ship. Glass. It was coming back to me as i bolted up the next morning. It was slowly slipping out of my grasp again though. My heart beating fast and sweat dripping down my neck. All i could remember was a lingering sense of dread. This wasn't good. What was that dream about! I had to remember. I racked my brain and closed my eyes. Nothing. I couldn't remember a single thing. I opened my eyes and breathed out. That's when the door opened. Startled i looked over at Agent Coulson. "Sorry to wake you." i shake my head.

"I.. I was already awake." i tell him.

"Good. It's time." is all he says before he leaves. With a heavy sigh i throw off my covers and quickly change into my shimmering costume. I zip up the jacket over a plain white shirt. I stare at myself in the full length mirror. I touch the stars on my stomach. Where i touch, the stars fall and leave a little trail of light. Then they replace themselves simultaneously. I would be amazed but there's no time for that. I head towards the lab. That's where i suspect they will all be. I walk swiftly, with a purpose. I walk into the lab and see Steve already in his suit shield strapped to his arm.

"How long?" i ask looking at everyone in the room. Natasha and Clint are always prepared. They're both wearing their suits. Natasha is cleaning her gun and Clint is messing with his arrows. Tony is eating something out of a silver packages. He's still wearing normal clothes. His heart shines through his shirt. Thor is leaning against a wall just staring at the ground and Bruce is punching away at the computer screen.

"Couple hours at best. Around lunch time maybe." Tony replies.

"So what do we do?" i ask.

"Walk with me." Steve says. He gestures at the door and heads toward it. Tony makes a face the others don't respond. I follow him quickly out the door.

"Steve wait up!" i call out. "Where are we going?" i ask. "You should probably get as much training in as you can. I still don't like the idea of you going in there blind." i grab his arm and he stops.

"I'm not blind. I can take care of myself but you are right about the training." he's looking at me weird.

"I know you're not blind i just.." he runs a hand through his hair but instead of finishing his sentence he just keeps walking.

"Just what?" i ask rushing to catch up with him. He shakes his head.

"Nothing." he replies.

"Come on i think we're past the secret part of this relationship." i tell him. He doesn't say anything and his expression hardens. "Steve." i say touching his arm lightly. He looks down, blue eyes piercing through me. "I'm not going to die." i tell him. As the words leave my lips i know that this is not true. That feeling of dread i had this morning returns. Steve reaches out and touches his fingertips to my cheeks. I lean into his hand. I desperately want to kiss him. I know i will not get the chance to kiss him again in the future.

As if reading my thoughts Steve leans down and kisses me. I don't care about the cameras anymore. Let them watch. I bet nothing exciting happens around her much. They might not even be watching. I wrap my arms around his neck and pull myself up higher. His strong arms wrap around my waist in a death grip. I can hardly breathe but i don't care. I need this. I need to be near him. I break away and gasp slightly. "Sorry." Steve breathes out. I shake my head.

"It's fine Steve." he puts me down and we stand a bit awkwardly at first.

"We should.." Steve starts to say.

"Yeah." i reply . I feel my cheeks turn red as we head toward the training room. Steve pushes opens the doors and heads toward the boxing ring. "You're going to fight me?" i ask. He shrugs.