It Begins

I'd lost count. I've lost count of how many of them i have killed. Hundreds? Thousands? Maybe it wasn't even that many. The others have certainly killed more than i have. Bruce had gone green and was scooping them up by handfuls and squeezing them to death. Throwing their limp, lifeless bodies at oncoming soldiers. He could crush ten of them underfoot. It was not a pretty sight. Thor flew around electrocuting everything that moved basically. I was amazed Stark hadn't lost power or that Natasha hadn't run out of bullets. Clint had long since run out of arrows. Every now and then he would find a stray arrow here and there and use it again but he had moved on to his fists, guns, and knives.

At one point we lost connection with Steve. His com-link had been knocked out of his ear and broke. I tore through the city trying to find him before he was killed. I found him fending off a small army in a corner of the city. I waved my hand and felt the blood vessels in their brains burst pouring blood everywhere. They dropped. I stepped over their bodies and rushed toward Steve. "Are you okay?" i asked worried. He was looking at me a bit freaked out. I looked at the ground and blushed. Only i would be embarrassed at saving someone from impending doom.

"I'm fine." he told me placing a hand on my shoulder. I looked back up at him and took my com-link out of my ear.

"Here." he shook his head. "No. You're our leader Captain and i have super hearing." Steve hesitated. That's when Stark's voice shouted out from it.

"Oh just take the damn thing." Steve smirked and i went back to the sky. I wasn't much for hand to hand combat. I tried to make sure not to let any of them get close enough to touch me. I would throw them against walls and toss them to the ground, cracking their skulls. I had never been particularly fond of guns but i was grateful for them now. Bullet into their tiny brains right through the back of the skull. If any of them even tried to touch me they were shot full of electricity. I had been able to reign in the power and push it out of myself so that the air aroud me crackled with static electricity. I could practically see the blue lines of energy surrounding my suit. It was pretty fucking awesome.

There was an offset to my powers. The bad thing about super hearing was that I could hear everything. The slightest crunch of bone as it hit the pavement. The muscles jerking then slacking as the bullet passed through them. As if things couldn't get any worse I could see their lives. It really does flash before your eyes. Everything. Form your first waking moment to the last. It blows up and jumbles around then dies. No more memories no more images. It's gone. Those experiences lost forever. Every time it happened i would hesitate as the images swirled around. It made me want to see them again but i knew i couldn't. So I kept going. Crushing skulls and breaking bones. After a while i felt sort of numb. Invincible, and numb. What was the point. They were hardly fighting going up against me. All they really did was charge at me while i broke every bone in their body. It was hardly a fight.

"Get your head in the game!" A voice snarled. I whipped my head around and looked at Natasha. When did she get there? She was fending off a small crowd of Slyvarian. I was standing in a circle of crackling blue energy. The Slyvarian were circling me a bit afraid. Some of them were on the ground. They looked like they had been electrocuted. Their skin was burned black and peeling in some places. I'm guessing they tried to get to me but it didn't work. Natasha cried out and i sprang into action. I dimmed the electricity and pushed them all away from her. The Slyvarian crashed against the pavement and buildings.

"Natasha are you okay!" i gasped out staring at all the blood.

"I'll be.. AHHH!" she yelled out clutching her arm. I knelt down and touched her arm stopping the flow of blood and actually putting some back in. She watched me amazed. "I think..." she breathed in and out. "My shoulder.." she grunted. I looked at it. Her shoulder was all misshapen. It had popped out of place. "I need you.. Grab my arm... And pull." she said between gasps. I nodded feeling a bit nauseous but above all nervous. I touched her arm gingerly. "Come on. I know... You have... A tighter grip.." she said getting a grip on some pavement that had been pulled up. I gripped her wrist tightly. "Now pull." she commanded. I pulled back and there was a sickening pop. Natasha cursed a couple times. I let go of her arm and she clutched it to her stomach rubbing her wrist even though it was her shoulder that hurt. Maybe I held on to tight.