Breakfast

Agent Coulson had his hands clasped behind his back as he walked. I had a feeling he did that a lot. There were so many images swirling around him I tried my best not to stare. His life was just full of adventure. It had been a non stop whirlwind for him. Sometimes he had to make tough calls and he had lost so many people. I swallowed and wished the images away. Everything became clearer. "Where are we going?" i asked.

"Shouldn't you know by now?" he countered. I laughed and looked at him. He had a small smile on his face.

"No. Uhh I'm repressing the images at the moment." i replied.

"You can do that?" he questioned. I nodded.

"I'm glad I can. When Steve walked into my holding cell or whatever, it was like being hit with a tidal wave of emotion. I can't imagine what it would be like in a crowd of people." i said slowly.

"That's a lot of images to suppress." Coulson replied. I nodded.

"Guess we'll have to see. Right now i'm taking you to your room." he continued. I stopped walking and Agent Coulson stopped a couple feet away a bit confused.

"My room as in the replica of it or as in a normal room that is mine?" i asked.

"Did you want to be in your replica of a room?" i immediately shook my head no. "Good because we already tore it down." he kept walking and i smiled and jogged after him to keep up.

"So when do i start?" i asked.

"Start?" he echoed mildly.

"Yeah. Start. Like training or experiments. Learning how to control my powers." i said naming a couple things i was sure were bound to happen.

"Do you want to train?" Coulson asked.

"Well yeah what else will I be good for. I'm obviously never going to have a normal life ever again. I can help people with my powers.. I hope." I slowed down. I was talking to much. "Or you can strap me to a table and poke me with metal instruments til i scream." i tried to sound upbeat. Maybe they wouldn't do that but i was guessing at some point they would. They would need to know how much i can take how far my powers would let me go. I sounded like a bad movie.

"Are those the only two options you have?" Coulson asked turning to face me. I stared at him.

"Those are the only two options i see." i replied calmly. His eyes searched my face then he turned away. He could tell i wasn't joking. I knew they would do one or the other. There was no alternative.

"Tell you what." he said as he continued walking down the hall. "You go to sleep and rest up. In the morning you will wake up. Have some breakfast. Then we'll talk experiments and training." we reached a door Coulson slid a key card in a slot and the door opened soundlessly.

"Okay." i said quietly.

"There's clothes in the drawer and the closet." he said pointing toward them. "Agent Hill picked them out because i know.." he paused. "Absolutely nothing about teenage girls and what they need." i snorted and Coulson left me standing alone in the room. Not exactly a teen anymore but I am younger than him. Quickly changing I jumped into bed and was asleep before my head hit the pillow.

I rolled over onto my side and breathed in deeply . You're home. You're in your bed at home. Everything is fine. My heart said but my head knew better and was screaming at the top of it's lungs Stop lying to yourself. You know where you are. You are not home. I breathed out and opened my eyes. I went over everything in my head. I was in, what I think is, an underground facility run by the government. The Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D they called themselves. I have unimaginable powers. My family is dead. This is my room. The one they assigned me. I sat up and looked around. It had a dresser, a nightstand with a lamp, a closet, and a bed. The dresser had the essential under garments, and a few tank tops. What was creepy was that they knew my sizes. I tried not to think of that last night as I changed into a plain white shirt and some gray sweatpants.