Preparing

"Now. Tell me again why your powers weren't being useful when we needed them the most and please make it sound convincing." I gritted my teeth. Why was Director Fury being such a hard ass. I was in that room again, the one with the steel chairs and tables. Coulson sat across from me but Director Fury was standing. He kept banging his hands on the table. I think he likes doing that. Adds an element of fear. Everyone else was scattered around the room leaning agianst the walls. They were looking at the ground or watching the exchange with grim faces. I've told Directory Fury this twice now. I don't see why he couldn't just grasp the concept.

"I told you. I wired my brain to shove down people's memories when i encounter them. Otherwise i would be spinning around like a crazed lunatic looking at things that i don't want to see!" i said raising my voice as I finished every sentence. "It's why i was able to cope with being outside!" i shouted crossing my arms.

"Well you should've not as you say shoved down their memories!" he yelled back. Fury was talking about the Slyvarian soldier's memories. I guess my little power works on other life forms too.

"Like i said, it's an invasion of privacy! How would you like it if i dug into the core of your brain, pulled everything out, took out all the horrible black mail worthy things and used them against you!" i roared. Director Fury was glaring at me with his one eye. I knew how he lost it. He thought it was a small price to pay for what he earned in return. I thought it was just stupid. It was a waste in my opinion. He waved me away as if i could evaporate.

"Just tell me again what you've learned." i ground my teeth and looked at Coulson. He had a small smile on his lips. He was trying to reassure me that everything was fine when it wasn't. They've all heard this story twice now. I'm pretty sure we could all recite it. I breathed out and started again.

"They're a race of giant lizards called the Slyvarian. They've been around about as long as we have." i sneaked a glance at Steve. He was looking at me but quickly looked down. So things were going to be awkward between us. Great. "They have an Overlord of some sort. He doesn't have a name. They all call him Him, like he's some sort of god. He rules over them with an iron fist and he has a very, short temper. He's known to kill people by burning them where they stand. He's been in power for as long as anyone can remember though he's not the first Overlord. Just the longest living one." none of them know what he looks like. They all have imaginary images of him in their heads but nothing concrete. Few have seen Him and lived.

"He was a scientist once. He made these Capsule's. He gained great power by consuming them. He killed the Overlord before him by using his powers. He's had a team of scientists working on making him more ever since. He practically radiates power now." i paused. "About a month ago the newest Capsule was lost. Nobody knows how they think someone chucked if off the ship. He went on a rampage. Apparently it takes a really long time to make them. Well we all know where it ended up." they were quiet.

"They were able to locate where it was, but of course it was too late. I already had whatever came out of it inside me." i breathed out. "They made another one and he took it but i made it personal for him. Nobody, not even a scrawny human could have the powers that were suppose to be his. Apparently he gains new powers with each tablet." i said rubbing my temple. "They plan in coming here was to abduct me and extract my powers, which will in the end kill me. They will kill anyone who gets in their way." i stopped. "So basically. I'm somebody's fucking walking medicine cabinet!" i shouted. The table threw itself against the wall and put a crack in the glass. Breathing in and out to calm myself i stared at the ground. Nobody said anything.

"So what are we going to do?" Natasha asked after a while. The door's opened and Agent Hill rushed in.

"They've sped up their progress. They'll be here in three days. Maybe less." she told us. I balled my fists at my side. This wasn't happening. On top of being a super powered freak i had upset some supreme overlord because someone had the audacity to throw his medicine away.

"We'll have to get Stark involved now." Coulson said.

"We can talk to him tonight." Steve offered. Coulson nodded.

"I don't know about Thor. We may be able to get a message to him but it's not likely." i snorted.

"You can contact the god of thunder?" i asked. Coulson nodded.

"His girlfriend lives in New Mexico." now i've heard everything. "You're also going to need more training, snd if you have any more powers you would like to tell us about now would be the time." Coulson said looking me up and down. There was nothing as far as i knew. I had some pretty lame ones so far. The images, super hearing which was annoying and basically useless, i could apparently speak different languages. They tried that out as soon as i got back inside. I can now speak fluent French, Slyvarian and Russian. I can gain other languages too but i'm not up for it right now. Electricity and telekinesis. Hooray.

"I don't know." i told him shaking my head.

"Right, well, Agents." he said looking at Natasha, Clint, and Maria. They nod at attention. "Work on her." he says. "Now Dr. Banner about the aliens downstairs." Coulson, Dr. Banner and Director Fury walk out of the room. they're saying a bunch of big words i don't understand. It's all starting to make my head spin.

"Come on." Maria says lightly touching my shoulder. I stand up and follow them to the training center. I'm prepared for Natasha and i to go hand and hand again. Apparently that wasn't their top priority. Maria spent her time with me teaching me how to throw a knife. She showed me different techniques and how to quickly pull one out quickly. She showed me the correct places to conceal a knife and the bad places. She showed me where a stab will kill and where it will wound. It was very useful information. When we were done i could throw a knife fairly well.

Natasha and i spent time at the gun range. She was able to pull both guns out at lightening fast speed and put a bullet through the same hole. I was never going to be as good as her. I was afraid to even touch a gun. She spent maybe an hour showing me the difference between the safety release and the one to unhook the ammunition. I finally got it down though. We hardly fought. Just slightly yelling at each other every now and then. She was actually growing on me. I was starting to admire her and i hoped she was beginning to respect me. As for firing a gun i could barely shoot one without it trying to recoil back and hit me in the eye. She told me over and over that i needed to steady my hands and brace myself but i was a bit shaky. It was the first time i've ever held a gun who wouldn't be worried. Natasha would shake her head ever so slightly with every bullet i shot. They weren't hitting their mark.

When we were finished she said i was getting better but there was always room for improvement. I think she complimented me. Clint of course showed me how to work a bow and arrow. I've never seen him so excited before. The way he talked about archery was like a parent talking about their very successful kid. It made me want to laugh. He was extremely happy when he found out i was really good at this. Better than knife throwing and shooting a gun anyways. When i hit the bulls eye i swear he was going to faint from excitement. But i was dead tiered now. I didn't get sleep last night. It was now five in the afternoon and i was starving.

They walked me over to the cafeteria. I thought we would be the only one's in there but sitting at a table munching on a apple was Steve. I sort of froze. The others kept walking. Steve looked up and not wanting to look weird i jogged to catch up with the rest of them. "Steve, watch Astella. We have other things to do." He nodded slowly swallowing. I stood in front of him a bit frozen. One of the cafeteria lady's came up and placed some food down across from Steve. I heard them walk away and the doors shut.

"Are you going to sit down?" Steve asked. Stiffly i slid down onto the bench and stared down at my food. I wasn't hungry anymore. Steve was still eating his apple. "You need to eat something. You haven't had anything all day and you look half dead." he told me. I could tell he was trying to be polite. He wasn't talking to me like someone he had just kissed almost 24 hours ago. I just nodded and numbly picked up the sandwich. After biting into it, barley taking time to chew it properly i choked it down and popped the question.

"Are things going to be weird between us now?" i asked. He looked me over and shrugged ever so slightly.

"It's only weird if you make it weird." i wanted to punch him. just give me a straight forward answer. "I'm going to see Stark when i'm done do you want to come with me?" he asked. I nodded quickly. "Okay hurry up." i basically swallowed the rest of the food. I really wanted to meet Tony. From what i saw in other people's memories, he was funny, rude and sort of a jerk. Just my kind of guy. This should be fun.