Testing

I was staring at the ceiling. It had a pattern of flecked black and brown splotches on it. Pretty boring if you ask me. I had just gone through several evasive tests in this lab for the past three hours. I was pretty drained. The Doctor's had gathered everything they took from me and headed down to their test labs and see what makes me tick. For someone with super hearing i didn't hear when the door opened or when Agent Hill walked in. "Agent Coulson wants me to take you to the cafeteria." the sound of her voice startled me so bad i jumped and actually rolled off the steel table. Luckily i caught myself. Well i started flying. I was now staring face down at the ground which was two feet away. I slowly righted myself and landed on my feet. "That comes in handy." Agent Hill said. Her arms were crossed over her chest and she was looking at me expectantly. "Get changed and meet me out in the hall." she told me. Then she turned dropping her arms and walked out the door. I turned red.

I just realized i had been laying on the table in only my underwear and one of those hospital robe things. I was self-conscious about my body. I mean who wasn't. Agent Hill had the body i've always wanted. Curves in all the right places and a small waist. I on the other hand didn't have much to show. I quickly pulled back on my pants and shirt. then i tugged on my shoes. I walked up to the door and it opened before me. Agent Hill was standing in the hallway staring at nothing. She turned when the door opened. "Come on." she said. I followed her down the hall toward the cafeteria.

I could hear Coulson inside along with others. Agent Hill opened the door's and i stepped in. Bruce Banner was leaning against a table having a quiet argument with Steve. Agent Romanoff and Agent Barton were sitting across from each other at a different table. There was food on the tables but nobody was touching anything. "How are you feeling?" Coulson asked.

"Like a lab rat." i replied plopping myself down in front of him. Coulson smirked and pushed a tray of food in front of me. There was a sandwich some chips and a soda. Very. Normal. I popped the cap off the soda and took a swig. Dr. Banner and Steve had stopped talking. I looked behind me. They both had Their arms crossed over their chests and were staring at the ground. At the other table Natasha was staring at me intently. I dropped my gaze. "So what have you concluded?" i asked Coulson taking a bite out of my sandwich.

"That we're going to need to take more tests." i stopped chewing. I'm pretty sure my face fell. I swallowed.

"That's it?" i questioned.

"Well your blood is also highly poisonous." i heard rather than saw everyone turn to face us.

"My blood?" i said a bit confused.

"We injected it into several test subjects. No humans of course." he corrected seeing the look on my face. "They all died like that." he said snapping his fingers.

"My blood." i repeated. He nodded. "How, useful." i said disgusted with myself. I put my sandwich back down and picked up the bag of chips. Doritos. My favorite. I ripped the plastic open and took one out. "Is nobody else going to eat." i wondered out loud. Nobody answered. I looked back at Coulson. "So what now?" i asked.

"When you're finished eating we're going to test your powers." he said simply with a shrug of his shoulders. I sighed.

"Fine." i said munching on another chip. The silence and my chewing were unbearable to handle. I silently wished everyone else would eat and talk around me so i wouldn't feel alone. Then suddenly everyone was bit by the chatter bug. Conversations rose up about the randomest things. I even saw Natasha and Clint eating. It must have been a new experience for them. Natasha looked a bit confused. I smiled as i drank my soda. Coulson was eating too but watching me quietly.

"This is you isn't it?" he asked. I shrugged. I didn't know. I really didn't. I had thought about it. I didn't say anything.

"Power of persuasion. You gotta love it." i said swallowing half of my sandwich. He just smirked and continued to eat. As i got up to leave the conversations died down and by the time i reached the door everyone was staring at the food before them confused on how it got there. I tried not to laugh.