Inside the Mothership

I stared up at the sky and watched Astella's form fly upward. Immediately their voices came over the com-link. "Uhh i don't know if that's my imagination but is that Astella flying to the big mother-ship of death?" Tony asked. I took off trying to track Astella's movements as she blasted a path toward the ship.

"Well you're not wrong. It is her." Came Barton's calm voice.

"What the hell is she dong?" Natasha asked a bit annoyed. I don't know if she was annoyed that she was missing out on some of the action in the sky or the fact that she was flying toward the ship.

"Should i bring her back down?" Thor's rough voice asked. I was shaking my head though i knew they couldn't see.

"I coldn't stop her." i said breathing heavily. Astella was doing pretty well. I mean they couldn't really touch her anyways.

"What do you mean you couldn't stop her?" Tony asked sounding a bit mad.

"She wanted to go alone." I heard a distinct loud roar. Bruce. He had his com-link i mean it was probably too big for his ear but he still had it maybe he understood.

"Well bring her back!" Natasha shouted.

"Captain?" Thor questioned. I thought for a couple seconds looking up at her. She was closer to the ship. "Now or never." Thor said loudly.

"Let her go." i told them. "Just let her go." i ran off down a street where some Slyvarian were grouping up. "Keep up the good work team." I told them as i chucked my shield at the group.

"Are you okay Captain?" Barton asked.

"Of course." i replied bashing in the face of a Slyvarian. "Why wouldn't i be." suddenly he was there, hand on my shoulder.

"You know why." he said looking at me sincerely. He turned and kicked a Slyvarian in the chest sending him flying back.

"She'll be fine." i said Barton nodded looking unconvinced. "She has to be okay." i said lowly so he wouldn't hear. I looked back up at the sky praying to God that she would be ok.

I landed lightly on the inside of the ship. I wasn't near one of the trap doors where the Slyvarian were pouring out of I couldn't really get near them. The door i was using was more like a back door or a service door for maintenance. You know if they have those. I took a step forward my footsteps echoing off the walls. I stopped. It was so quite. It was eerie. I know they're probably all out there fighting but the silence scared me. Somebody could be lurking behind a corner or a wall. Mentally raising myself off the ground i floated slightly above it and since i was never a fan of the dark I opened the palm of my hand and made a blue ball of glowing electricity. I raised it above my head looking around as i floated down the hall. The hall was all arches and patterns. The floor was hardly a floor with all the intricate shapes cut out of it. The walls had strange writing on it. I floated closer and touched the unfamiliar swirls. Immediately the swirls transformed themselves into something i could read. Overlord.

A bit frightened I looked out around me. All the swirls, dips and curves were translating into words forming a story. I turned back to the wall in front of me. "The Overlord took the one before him and zapped him off the cliff. The before Overlord tumbled and fell onto the rocks below. Shattering his skull and piercing his heart." gasping i took a couple steps back. In the process i dropped my light witch fizzled out once it had stopped touching my skin. Breathing heavily i swirled my wrist around making another ball of electricity blaze up. Keep moving. A voice said gruffly in my had. I obeyed.

Forgetting the gruesome story of how the Overlord came into power i forged on. The corridor seemed to go on forever but i could see pulsing blue lights ahead. I flew faster down the hall. I didn't know where i was going but light was never a bad thing. I was wrong. I almost screamed when i saw it. Slyvarian. They were in capsules mounted on the wall. They were surrounded by blue-ish liquid, and were just floating in there. Were they in hibernation? Were they bred and not born? I didn't want to find out. I flew as fast as i could out of the corridor. The room i ended up in fascinated me. I flew to the very edge of the walkway and set my feet lightly on the ground. Im pretty sure my jaw dropped.