Chapter 15 The down and dirty

My heart sank as I kept reading the message again and again and again. The sentence was jumbled up in my brain as I tried to make sense of it.

What the heck is going on?

I kept my eyes plastered to the screen as I felt as though liquid nitrogen had been poured all over my body, freezing me in time.

I felt completely and utterly confused. I was with Drake this morning he was fine, so what could have possibly happened after a few hours?

Worst case scenarios dwindled in my mind as I thought of Drakes well being. My mind still felt like a blur as I thought of the logical thing to do and that was to go and see if Drake was ok.

Without further ado I quickly called Alex on speed dial, hoping she would pick up her damn phone and not be to consumed in doing the down and dirty with Zack.

The phone ringed and after what felt like centuries the phone went to an answering machine.

"Fuck" I cursed under my breath looking remorsefully at my phone as it went to answering machine.

Couldn't Alexis at least pay attention to her phone at a time like this? Didn't she at least have the decency to tell me that she wasn't going to be in school? or the courtesy to let me know what hospital and ward Drake was in so I could at least go and visit my friend.

I looked intently at my phone again.

Maybe I should try calling Drakes phone even though I know the chances of him answering are slim. But it won't kill me to try.

I punch his number in my phone and pray to The Lord above someone answers. After a couple of rings someone unexpectedly picks the phone up.

I quickly begin to speak not knowing who's on the receiving end of this call.

"Drake where are you? I've been worried sick! Drake... Drake.... Hello? who's on the other end of the phone?...Hello?" I asked curiosity getting the better of me.

I stand idolized mentally arguing with myself if I should ask if Drake is even on the receiving end of the phone, even though I know the answer to that question. But before I decide to speak again a deep croaky voice begins to speak on the other end of the phone.

For some reason the voice sounded familiar. But I just couldn't put the persons voice to a specific face.

"He will be fine" were the only words that escaped his deep raspy voice. It kinda sounded like he hadn't spoke for a while.

"Who is this?'' I asked the curiosity lingering at the edge of my mouth. Just as saliva hangs out a lions mouth when it locates its prey.

No response came for the first few minutes making me think that the person had switched of there side of the phone. But the sound of rustling made me think otherwise.

"So you going to answer me or not?" I asked trying not to sound rude but failing miserably. The curiosity was eating at my insides as the stunned silence pissed me off even more.

"It's Cole" his voice came out as a stammer. My body froze to the spot as my heart rate increased by a marginal amount. Why did Trent's best friend have Drakes phone?

Well the sayings right: curiosity killed the cat

I tried to force words out but was taken aback by the shock of this sudden revelation. My eyes were as wide as saucers as I thought of what I should do next.

Without thinking I just cut the line. My mind felt dazed as I tried to process the information that was now lurking aimlessly in my head.

I gave of a loud grunt as my train of thought went haywire! I was obsessed with my phone I hadn't even realized that Anna was right in front of me frantically waving her hand in front of my face.

I looked up to meet her gaze as she gave me a warm smile. It almost looked sympathetic as though she knew something that I didn't want her to, which only caused me to become more curious.

Maybe I'm looking in to the situation a bit to much, I mean all she did was smile right?

But it was the way that she had smiled as though she feared that if I found out what she knew I would slaughter her.

She looked guilty.

I shoved my phone back into my pocket trying to give a sweet smile. It was forced but at least I tried to smile.

"Hey" she muttered looking down at the floor. She wouldn't give me direct eye contact but just constantly gazed at my face for a split second before looking at the ground again.

"Hey Anna" I said back giving a pleasant smile.

She fidgeted for a second before zoning out. It was as though she was having an internal argument with herself wether to speak or just leave quietly.

Anna is known to be a big mouth and loves to spread gossip. But today she genuinely looked concerned and worried.

"Soooo......" I trailed of trying to get some words out of her. She gave me a soft smile before looking directly in to my eyes. Her green eyes tormented my soul as the urge to know what she was hiding began to heighten.

She shut her eyes tightly almost as though she was still mentally arguing with herself. She let out a sigh which showed she really wanted to tell me something and ran her hands through her jet black hair.

"Lana I really need to talk to you" was the only words she muttered before taking in a large gulp.

"Ok" I said trying to make her continue, but it seemed as though she wasn't ready to tell me just yet.

"Emm" I looked into her green eyes which only made my heart rate go faster.

"I really don't know how to say this but-" she paused "I think it's important you know" she gave me a small smile almost as though she was trying to calm me.

"Your mate is cheating on you" she said the words coming out her mouth slowly.

"Tell me something I don't already know" I mumbled under my breath, but clearly I wasn't quiet enough because she heard the words escape my mouth.

"You knew?" her voice was shocked almost terrified as she found out the great revelation.

"Yup" I say trying to act casual. But really each time I heard those words it killed me inside. Every time I hear someone say that My Mate Cheated On Me.

It shatters a bit of my heart even more.

"How are you acting so casual about it?" she asked as though she was a paparazzi and at that point I knew it was my que to try get out of this conversation, or by the end of today the whole school will know about me and that son of a bitch (Trent).

"Look Anna I'm kinda busy right now is it ok if we talk about this some other day?" I asked her trying to sound as polite as possible.

Before she could respond my phones ringtone began to play loudly which by the way is: Grind On Me

I should honestly rethink my ringtone!
I looked up at Anna and gave her an apologetic smile for our conversation getting disrupted. But in my head I was doing a happy dance that I didn't have to talk to her about it anymore.

I looked at the caller I.D and it read Drake. Should I pick it up? what if Coles at the other end of the phone?

To be honest it's not exactly his fault that; that son of a bitch cheated on me.

So without further ado I picked up the phone and began to walk far away from Anna so she didn't have even more gossip on me.

"Hello?" his voice came out authoritatively and made tingles spread all over my body. It was him the wanker himself: Trenton Sanders

I froze unable to speak unable to breath and most of all unable to switch of the phone. His voice pained me inside but my wolf jumped with happiness that I had finally spoke to him after so long.

One question swirled at the back of my head putting me on edge and that was:

Is Trent the reason Drakes in hospital?

-------

A/N

NOT EDITED!

Vote, comment, fan

Please make sure to comment it will motivate me to upload more often ;)

Also check out my other book:
I Dare You To Reject Me Mr. Alpha

Bye cookie monsters

-a.k